Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:54   #1
VinnieD

Stevens 320 opinions

I've been looking at the Stevens 320 as of late. I'm generally a Mossberg fan, but for pistol grips I really prefer a crossbolt safety.

I'd been considering a new tactical shotgun project for a while, and was originally considering getting another Maverick 88 as a basis, but the Stevens is roughly the same price (actually a little cheaper), and already comes with the stock I want.

I'm aware that it's basically a Chinese knock off of the Winchester 1300 and can use most of the same accessories.

Does anyone have any experience with this shotgun? Is it worth the purchase price? How does it stack up against the Mossberg? I'm also considering if I get it, putting a mag tube extension on it (which isn't an option with the Mossberg) however with the shorter barrel the tube looks like it might extend beyond the barrel, and the barrel doesn't look to be easily replaced. Perhaps a muzzle brake or breacher could be added for strictly cosmetic purposes. Would that even be possible? That much isn't a deal breaker since both shotguns have the same capacity by default anyway.

Opinions? Please do not suggest the Pardner Pump, I've already ruled it out for the current project.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
VinnieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 14:22   #2
Doug S

I have no personal experience with the 320. I did consider one when shopping for a shotgun recently and that caused me to do a little Internet surfing on the subject. There are a couple of youtube video showing that the weld on the pump action sometimes breaks on the 320. Don't know if this is a weak point or a fluke...
"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to expressing anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having heard it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Doug S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:01   #3
FD331

I had a customer with a Stevens 320 that did the same thing as in the video. I contacted Savage/Stevens about getting a replacement part and was told they do not sell parts for these shotguns. I had to ship the gun to them and they sent me a replacement gun. Not a repaired gun but a total replacement. There are better options out there.
FD331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 13:22   #4
VinnieD

Seems like the whole thing has a single point of failure with a cheap spotweld where a pin would have been much better. Guess I'll stick with the tried and true Mossberg then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
VinnieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 13:53   #5
xSkidmark

I personally own one. I love it. I put a mount from an 870 on it and put a flashlight with a pressure switch on. The only thing i might complain about, is to manually release the slide, the release is in an awkward spot. thats about it. Ive put about 100 shells through it and havent had any kind of issues. Recoil is very acceptable with the pistol grip and the stock. Great shotgun to keep in the house and for under $200, you can't complain.
xSkidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 20:58   #6
thinktwice

I also have one. I read somewhere that they were aware of the spot wield problem and this should have been corrected by now. The wield on the one I have looks good, but should it start to crack or something I will just have my buddy put a nice spot wield on it.. Mine has been flawless out of the box. I have the tactical with the ghost ring sights, fiber optic, front sight, and a heat shield. Also has a rail on top of the receiver. I have and 870, and a Mossberg 500 also. I will say those two have a lot smoother actions compared to the 320, but I am sure it's because they each have at least a thousand rounds through them. I haven't put but 275 rounds through the 320 so far, so I can't say if it's going to hold up as well as the Remington and the Mossberg. But I do like the gun, and hope it does hold up.
Old 10-21-2013, 17:00   #7
dredglock

I put one with the pistol grip stock on lay away for the hell of it Thursday last week
the this weekend I started looking at videos on you tube . Some were quite pleased with there purchase but there is a disturbingly high amount of negative feed backs and videos for me .today first thing I canceled the layaway and was happy only losing 10 bucks. I'll stick with the old S&W916A for now.
dredglock is offline   Reply With Quote