Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:41   #21
southernshooter

Akm

Hey CarlosC, I hadn't noticed you moved to Tx. Going to change your name to CarlostX?
Still appreciate your advice on how to get rid of mag wobble. Years later and it is still working.

Last edited by southernshooter; 09-02-2013 at 06:43..
southernshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 18:37   #22
glockin-45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Glocker View Post
If you have money to spend, seems reasonable to buy it now. If you wait a few months and save a hundred bucks, which may or may not even happen, would it even be worth it? Think about it. Those few months of gun ownership have got to be worth something to you.

What prices are you looking at specifically, and we can advise better.
Cheers!
+1, Also with the prices of food and gas going up all the time, will you still have money to burn down the line?
glockin-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 19:42   #23
CarlosC
I love guns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernshooter View Post
Hey CarlosC, I hadn't noticed you moved to Tx. Going to change your name to CarlostX?
Still appreciate your advice on how to get rid of mag wobble. Years later and it is still working.
Nah, I'm going to keep CarlosC. You know, while I miss the greenery of SC, TX is not too bad with a lot to offer besides being a VERY gun-friendly state.
You're quite welcome about the advice. Mine is also still going strong after all these years.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:28   #24
captainstormy

Send a message via ICQ to captainstormy Send a message via AIM to captainstormy Send a message via Yahoo to captainstormy
Kind of a sidetrack, but what is this trick to fix mag wobble? My WASR is actually really good as it is, but my buddy bought one online sight unseen and it's a POS. The mag wobble on that is easily noticeable.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:20   #25
Luminary

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
No, but I bought my first rifle at 18 years old (that I bought, not that was given by a parent, anyway), a WASR that cost me $350. 2003 time frame.
Yep. Bought my WASR GP 10/63 for $380 OTD. I love my WASR but wish I also bought an Arsenal as well when it was around $800.
Luminary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 15:32   #26
Fanner50
NRA Endowment

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainstormy View Post
Kind of a sidetrack, but what is this trick to fix mag wobble? My WASR is actually really good as it is, but my buddy bought one online sight unseen and it's a POS. The mag wobble on that is easily noticeable.
That's why I will pay a little more and buy in person so I can see what I'm getting. When you buy on line you may save a hundred or two, but is it really worth it? I think not.
Old 09-06-2013, 15:32   #27
CarlosC
I love guns!

Quote:
Here's the original post: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1036607

but it is no longer active, so if you want to see it, you'll have to hit up DJniner to reactivate it. Anyway, it involves epoxying two slivers of metal in the mag well. Sounds simple, and it is, but it works very well.
Old 09-07-2013, 16:26   #28
southernshooter

wobble

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosC View Post

but it is no longer active, so if you want to see it, you'll have to hit up DJniner to reactivate it. Anyway, it involves epoxying two slivers of metal in the mag well. Sounds simple, and it is, but it works very well.
My wobble was so slight that I didn't even need any metal. Just put a little epoxy on each side. When dry, just file it down for the mags to slip in with no wobble. Another good thing is that there is no metal to metal noise with metal mags. It is metal to epoxy-no noise. 4 years later and no problems.
Old 09-07-2013, 16:40   #29
CBennett

No, I think your new "base" price is right around $500-$525 and thats the new WASR-10 price...then you go up from there to the $1000 level with your Arsenals and other higher end ones...I dont think you will find them ever again much under that..just like the SKS's where they "used to be" dont matter its where they are NOW and they have never really ever come back down either...and WONT.

Last edited by CBennett; 09-07-2013 at 16:47..
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:58   #30
Roostmonkey

Update: They did! The Zastava OPAP that hot me all hot and bothered, was "on sale" for $599. It now sells for $549 regular price from the same vendor. However, I don't expect things to drop much lower than this.
Roostmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 13:02   #31
captainstormy

Send a message via ICQ to captainstormy Send a message via AIM to captainstormy Send a message via Yahoo to captainstormy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanner50 View Post
That's why I will pay a little more and buy in person so I can see what I'm getting. When you buy on line you may save a hundred or two, but is it really worth it? I think not.
I'm with ya. I bought my WASR in person and inspected it pretty closely when I bought it.

No mag wobble, straight as an arrow and shoots great. I've had around a dozen FTF with HPs out of well over 10K rounds through it so I'm not complaining about that since I paid $300 for it. I've got a buddy with an Arsenal that really doesn't handle HPs any better and he paid well more than three times what I did.
Old 09-11-2013, 13:03   #32
captainstormy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosC View Post

Thanks, I'll look into it. Sounds interesting. Probably would be a good fix for my buddy, The mag well of his WASR has so much extra room in it you could drive a truck through it.
Old 09-11-2013, 14:53   #33
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Thanks, I'll look into it. Sounds interesting. Probably would be a good fix for my buddy, The mag well of his WASR has so much extra room in it you could drive a truck through it.
Yeah, I had the opposite issue with my WASR; the only mags I could get to work with it were the Romanian mags that came with it! Chinese and everything else I tried wouldn't fit in the mag well, or would get stuck.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 18:17   #34
BossGodfrey

CarlosC is the man. Gave me advice two years ago and I am now working on Saiga conversion number 8. I can't stop with the Ak addiction. Prices have come down, 800 for many AR 15's now, last month a LGS had the Saiga listed for 999.00 Bought one from Buds last week for 490.00 which is still high but, better than a few months ago. I have a true love affair with the Saiga rifles now. God bless mother Russia ! ( And CarlosC )
Old 09-16-2013, 00:07   #35
p01ic3m4n

A WASR I bought in early 2000 was less than $350. I finally put together my Romy G kit, and in total it was right at $300. Those prices will never happen again.
p01ic3m4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 19:38   #36
Fanner50
NRA Endowment

After what happened today, 09/16/13 I think you will see prices start to go up again.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:15   #37
pugman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireForged View Post
They are less than what they were 10 months ago, more then the used to be 10 years ago and cheaper than they will be in the future. go from there
Reposted for about as much common sense as you can get for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Glocker View Post
If you have money to spend, seems reasonable to buy it now. If you wait a few months and save a hundred bucks, which may or may not even happen, would it even be worth it? Think about it. Those few months of gun ownership have got to be worth something to you.

What prices are you looking at specifically, and we can advise better.
Cheers!
+1. It amazes me how many people won't buy something because "it will drop another $50."

I'm definitely a cheap SOB; but when I see people not buying something as controversial as an AK for a lousy $50 or $100 I shake my head.

Lets put it this way: we are one Sandy Hook, Colorado movie theater, Columbine, mall, old age home, or hospital shooting away by some ahole with an AK to seeing prices double within a week...maybe even a day.

If you interested in buying it...don't let $50 or $100 come between you and common sense.

AK ammo prices have come down...but they are still up 20% from pre Sandy Hook pricing; I would bet the farm they wont' drop any further.

Last edited by pugman; 09-17-2013 at 08:17..
pugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:30   #38
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugman View Post
Reposted for about as much common sense as you can get for free.

+1. It amazes me how many people won't buy something because "it will drop another $50."

I'm definitely a cheap SOB; but when I see people not buying something as controversial as an AK for a lousy $50 or $100 I shake my head.

Lets put it this way: we are one Sandy Hook, Colorado movie theater, Columbine, mall, old age home, or hospital shooting away by some ahole with an AK to seeing prices double within a week...maybe even a day.

If you interested in buying it...don't let $50 or $100 come between you and common sense.

AK ammo prices have come down...but they are still up 20% from pre Sandy Hook pricing; I would bet the farm they wont' drop any further.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:33   #39
Fanner50
NRA Endowment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockdude1 View Post
Very true.