Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-09-2013, 18:09   #301
RussP

Interesting images...
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Civil Liberties Issues
What's happening to all this ice if it's not melting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
See #67. Here are some more.

Civil Liberties Issues

Civil Liberties Issues

Civil Liberties Issues

One more time, what's happening to all the ice if it's not melting?
Could you provide links to the articles they were in? It would be good to see them in context, with the narrative/caption relating to them.

Thanks...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 21:39   #302
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

http://www.climatedepot.com/2013/08/...-consequences/
They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:43   #303
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herzeleid View Post
As a skeptic on man having any effect on climate change, you really are contradicting yourself here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, aren't you in law enforcement?
Aren't you for drug prohibition?

Who would have guessed, someone making money off policy set by big gov't.
Actually, my (somewhat radical) views on how to deal with the drug problem is quite different than our current policy. Check some of my posting history and see.

But, I'm still waiting (and not just on this site) to have someone explain to me how we go about telling the two billion people in the developing nations, that we have decided that for the good of the planet, they are just going to have to forego trying to obtain the lifestyle we enjoy, for themselves and their families (again, for the good of the planet).

The inability of one single person to give a reasonable scenario where they agree to do that, is what makes me think that the whole MMGW movement, is really about making money, and little else (except to a few useful idiots, to use Lenin's phrase).

But, feel free to surprise me, and be the one who does that.

Last edited by series1811; 08-10-2013 at 06:45..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:32   #304
Herzeleid
Kein Mitleid

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
The job exists. He didn't start the company.

There will still be jobs, whether it's tax enforcement, stopping smuggling, stopping untaxed bootlegging, the biggest lie in the world is that legalization will reduce the size of government.

Now, lets get back to the other big lie about man-caused climate change, shall we?

If I'm not mistaken, police/police unions have been known to get approved overtime in justification to "cracking down" on drugs. So yea, policy gives him/his job more resources. Much like those who try to bank off making people think man has a significant impact on the climate.

Same stuff, different topic is all, and I was pointing out the irony.

Anyways, carry one. If you're going to use certain talking points, make sure they don't contradict you in other circumstances.
Herzeleid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:37   #305
Herzeleid
Kein Mitleid

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Actually, my (somewhat radical) views on how to deal with the drug problem is quite different than our current policy. Check some of my posting history and see.
Last time I saw one of your posts, it was for drug prohibition. If you say it isn't, so be it.

Quote:

But, I'm still waiting (and not just on this site) to have someone explain to me how we go about telling the two billion people in the developing nations, that we have decided that for the good of the planet, they are just going to have to forego trying to obtain the lifestyle we enjoy, for themselves and their families (again, for the good of the planet).

The inability of one single person to give a reasonable scenario where they agree to do that, is what makes me think that the whole MMGW movement, is really about making money, and little else (except to a few useful idiots, to use Lenin's phrase).

But, feel free to surprise me, and be the one who does that.
You're preaching to the choir here. I wasn't trying to defend those who do not have sufficient evidence, and are clearly pushing an agenda with "man made global warming". I was simply pointing out a contradiction I noticed. If you now say you're not for drug prohibition, and your job isn't law enforcement of any type, then so be it.
Herzeleid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 16:58   #306
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herzeleid View Post
Last time I saw one of your posts, it was for drug prohibition. If you say it isn't, so be it.
No, I advocate treating drug use as the mental health probelm it is, and drug trafficking, as the national security problem it is (don't worry, if you heard the details you would be even more upset with me).

Quote:
You're preaching to the choir here. I wasn't trying to defend those who do not have sufficient evidence, and are clearly pushing an agenda with "man made global warming". I was simply pointing out a contradiction I noticed. If you now say you're not for drug prohibition, and your job isn't law enforcement of any type, then so be it.
You are trying to frame the drug problem the way you want it framed, legalization, or prohibition, and trying to pigeonhole me into one of your two approved choices. There are other alternatives.

And, why is it that with drug users, every subject has to somehow be related to that? Doesn't that worry you?

I like chocolate, but I don't try and bring it in to every other darn thread. Don't make the mistake of thinking that the police are as pre-occupied with drugs as users and addicts are. We're not.

Last edited by series1811; 08-10-2013 at 17:03..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 15:00   #307
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Interesting images...

Could you provide links to the articles they were in? It would be good to see them in context, with the narrative/caption relating to them.

Thanks...
I think that's a picture of one of those places where the ice melted and archeologists discovered a viking settlement.

Which kind of begs the question right?

How did those CO2 emitting Vikings manage to build their villages under all that ice?

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 19:01   #308
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
I think that's a picture of one of those places where the ice melted and archeologists discovered a viking settlement.

Which kind of begs the question right?

How did those CO2 emitting Vikings manage to build their villages under all that ice?
Civil Liberties Issues
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 13:57   #309
tenforme

"ClimateGate" researchers exonerated

I'll just leave this link here for enquiring and open minds to look at.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10538198
tenforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:13   #310
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenforme View Post
"ClimateGate" researchers exonerated

I'll just leave this link here for enquiring and open minds to look at.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10538198
And Eric Holder faces no charges what's your point?
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Old 08-20-2013, 11:30   #311
tenforme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
And Eric Holder faces no charges what's your point?
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Ha nice attempt at misdirection - not

My comment was directed at enquiring minds - if you can get past your bias, take a look at the link and read the story.
Old 09-09-2013, 13:25   #312
aplcr0331
Empty

What happened to all the ice? IDK, what happens when water freezes? Oh....more ice...but but but....the arctic will be gone in 5 years. Or something....something....wait what?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/10294082/Global-warming-No-actually-were-cooling-claim-scientists.html

"There has been a 60 per cent increase in the amount of ocean covered with ice compared to this time last year, they equivalent of almost a million square miles.

In a rebound from 2012's record low an unbroken ice sheet more than half the size of Europe already stretches from the Canadian islands to Russia's northern shores, days before the annual re-freeze is even set to begin"

I read the article and some will try to explain this away. They're (environmentalist) using the same tactics they accuse the climate deniers as using. I like how when when we hit a minimum ice level like last year it's ZOMG TEH GLOBAL WARMIN! But when it's not something that supports AGW then it's just weather. Meh weather for me not for thee.

Empirical Science isn't a democracy. The majority consensus doesn't dictate the right answer, and I'm tired of the AGW movement trying to paint it that way. Somebody once created a pamphlet called 100 Authors Against Einstein, where they wanted to gather enough opinions to discredit Einstein. Einstein simply said "If I were wrong, one would be enough.
We're born, put in a box; we go home to live in a box; we go to “work” in a box, where we sit in a cubicle box; we drive to a store in a box to buy food in a box; people talk about thinking “outside the box”; and when we die we're put in a box.

Last edited by aplcr0331; 09-09-2013 at 13:32..
aplcr0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 14:02   #313
tenforme

The short answer to the OP's original question is that those who make the right bets/investments/decisions based on the available evidence with do quite well and those who don't may be in a world of hurt.

Personally - I am betting that global weather dislocations will increase in frequency and ferocity. Crop failure will increase, once cherished coastal locations may become worthless and maritime routing and costs will change beyond recognition.

But then this is only what I am seeing in the data.
Old 09-09-2013, 15:30   #314
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
The short answer to the OP's original question is that those who make the right bets/investments/decisions based on the available evidence with do quite well and those who don't may be in a world of hurt.

Personally - I am betting that global weather dislocations will increase in frequency and ferocity. Crop failure will increase, once cherished coastal locations may become worthless and maritime routing and costs will change beyond recognition.

I predict if you invest with that strategy you will lose a lot of money

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Old 09-09-2013, 19:22   #315
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

Quote:

What happens if it gets better? Should we then celebrate?

Because famines, weather dislocations, crop failures etc have gone down in frequency in the latter half of the 20th century.

Our shoreline hasn't changed appreciably in centuries.

And our current weather patterns are well within natural cycles of variability.

Shouldn't we celebrate the current status quo Historically, warmer periods were times of plenty for human kind.

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”

Last edited by Big Bird; 09-09-2013 at 19:23..
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:03   #316
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Quote:

When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:38   #317
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:

Here's the one I'm making plans for.

Civil Liberties Issues
Old 09-13-2013, 02:45   #318
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:

Civil Liberties Issues
“I would call my attorney general in and review every single executive order issued by George Bush and overturn those laws or executive decisions that I feel violate the constitution.” - Barry Soetoro
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:49   #319
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
[I] think that the whole MMGW movement, is really about making money, and little else (except to a few useful idiots, to use Lenin's phrase). ...
Close 1811, seriously though, it is more so about the transfer of wealth from the Middle Class, but you're getting there.
“I would call my attorney general in and review every single executive order issued by George Bush and overturn those laws or executive decisions that I feel violate the constitution.” - Barry Soetoro
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:58   #320
OlliesRevenge

Arctic sea ice up 60 percent in 2013

Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.
~Henry David Thoreau

Remember always: The government is not the country!
OlliesRevenge is offline   Reply With Quote