GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 16:54   #26
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®
 
Angry Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 24,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarDanneskjold View Post
Lol, I already heard that story from the Chinese monks and French Peasants, but I was talking about the whole thread. In particular, I believe we have a specific state law against welding bolts onto baseball bats, lol.
Well, you shouldn't. If CA lawmakers didn't have their heads so far up their asses, they'd see that baseballs that made it off the bat injure more children than ones that don't. I's for the chillren...
__________________
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 16:55   #27
Sinister Paige
Senior Member
 
Sinister Paige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Under your bed.
Posts: 1,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarDanneskjold View Post
Lol, I already heard that story from the Chinese monks and French Peasants, but I was talking about the whole thread. In particular, I believe we have a specific state law against welding bolts onto baseball bats, lol.
Zombies have already infiltrated your government.

The Okie Corral


"Begun, the zombie wars have."
__________________
Sent from my Sesame Street speak and say.

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D Eisenhower
Sinister Paige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 16:56   #28
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate
 
RagnarDanneskjold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Behind the Tofu Curtain
Posts: 3,508
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
Well, you shouldn't. If CA lawmakers didn't have their heads so far up their asses, they'd see that baseballs that made it off the bat injure more children than ones that don't. I's for the chillren...
We shouldn't have 80% of the state laws we have. (Or 80% of the legislators we have, either.).


ETA: but one kid gets his eye poked out, and nobody gets to play with ninja stars anymore!
__________________
"The nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides, Greek Historian

Last edited by RagnarDanneskjold; 09-03-2013 at 16:57..
RagnarDanneskjold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 17:01   #29
Eric
Big Giant Head
 
Eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 22,823
Here is my zombie gun. It is a Mossberg 930 semi-auto, with a 24" rifled slug barrel and extended mag tube. It will take nine 2 3/4" slug rounds in the tube, plus one in the pipe and six on the side-saddle. With Brenneke Penetrator slugs, I could take out eight or ten per shot, if the are helpful enough to line up for me. Eric


The Okie Corral
Attached Thumbnails
The Okie Corral - Click for larger version  
__________________
"I don't care, what the future brings
Give a damn, about anything
I'd be fine, if they'd only leave me alone."...
- Roger Hodgson
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 17:03   #30
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®
 
Angry Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 24,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Here is my zombie gun. It is a Mossberg 930 semi-auto, with a 24" rifled slug barrel and extended mag tube. It will take nine 2 3/4" slug rounds in the tube, plus one in the pipe and six on the side-saddle. With Brenneke Penetrator slugs, I could take out eight or ten per shot, if the are helpful enough to line up for me. Eric


The Okie Corral
Hallways are good.
__________________
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 17:06   #31
Eric
Big Giant Head
 
Eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 22,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
Hallways are good.
That is a rifled slug gun. It will reach out and touch someone at a pretty fair distance. I have a second Mossberg 930 SPX for close-in zombie action. It has a light on it now (Not pictured). Eric

The Okie Corral
Attached Thumbnails
The Okie Corral - Click for larger version  
__________________
"I don't care, what the future brings
Give a damn, about anything
I'd be fine, if they'd only leave me alone."...
- Roger Hodgson
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 17:31   #32
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member
 
Glockdude1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Beaumont,Texas
Posts: 26,613


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Here is my zombie gun. It is a Mossberg 930 semi-auto, with a 24" rifled slug barrel and extended mag tube. It will take nine 2 3/4" slug rounds in the tube, plus one in the pipe and six on the side-saddle. With Brenneke Penetrator slugs, I could take out eight or ten per shot, if the are helpful enough to line up for me. Eric

The Okie Corral
24" rifled slug barrel?

Nice.

__________________
"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring a Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."
Glockdude1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 17:34   #33
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.
 
NeverMore1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 27,542
I don't like shotguns, but if I were to get another one the 930 would be way up on the list!
__________________
And if we should die tonight
We should all die together
Raise a glass of wine
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 17:35   #34
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®
 
Angry Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 24,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockdude1 View Post
24" rifled slug barrel?

Nice.

Back when I had my S12, I emailed Red Jacket for the possibility of modding the reciever for interchangeable barrels. One I had in mind would have came from an Ithaca Deerslayer III, at 25"!

They said it was a 2 year wait...
__________________
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 17:38   #35
Eric
Big Giant Head
 
Eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 22,823
I don't know why slug guns have fallen out of vogue, over the last few decades. They are massively hard-hitting and very accurate out to a couple of hundred meters, with quality ammo. I have mine loaded with Brenneke Penetrator slugs. They are 1-3/8 ounce slugs, moving at almost 1,700fps. That will cure what ails you. Eric
__________________
"I don't care, what the future brings
Give a damn, about anything
I'd be fine, if they'd only leave me alone."...
- Roger Hodgson
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 17:40   #36
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member
 
Glockdude1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Beaumont,Texas
Posts: 26,613


Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
Back when I had my S12, I emailed Red Jacket for the possibility of modding the reciever for interchangeable barrels. One I had in mind would have came from an Ithaca Deerslayer III, at 25"!

They said it was a 2 year wait...
Google "Red Jacket Firearms complaints."

__________________
"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring a Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."
Glockdude1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 17:46   #37
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®
 
Angry Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 24,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockdude1 View Post
Google "Red Jacket Firearms complaints."

Whoa...

To think, I wanted the factory barrel retrofitted too, and a 10" SBS barrel. No wonder I never watch that bull**** show.
__________________
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 18:44   #38
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.
 
NeverMore1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 27,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I don't know why slug guns have fallen out of vogue, over the last few decades. They are massively hard-hitting and very accurate out to a couple of hundred meters, with quality ammo. I have mine loaded with Brenneke Penetrator slugs. They are 1-3/8 ounce slugs, moving at almost 1,700fps. That will cure what ails you. Eric
Relatively high recoil/range ratio, and limited ammo on board.
__________________
And if we should die tonight
We should all die together
Raise a glass of wine
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 18:54   #39
Eric
Big Giant Head
 
Eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 22,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
Relatively high recoil/range ratio, and limited ammo on board.
When you are firing slugs, a little goes a long way. When I was a kid, plenty of people hunted deer with rifled slug guns and it seemed like every cop in the country had a slug gun tucked away in their cruiser.

I've got sixteen rounds onboard my 930 slug gun and have a sling with 24 more rounds that can be attached to the rifle's sling lugs in seconds. If a person needs more than 30 rounds of Brenneke slugs in one sitting, he should really be thinking about getting right with Jesus. Eric
__________________
"I don't care, what the future brings
Give a damn, about anything
I'd be fine, if they'd only leave me alone."...
- Roger Hodgson
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 19:29   #40
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Damn. Color me surprised and impressed with the BGH and his affinity for the shotgun.

Pretty damn cool.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 19:38   #41
USMCsilver
I Like Monkeys
 
USMCsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Middle of SC
Posts: 24,057
Send a message via AIM to USMCsilver Send a message via Yahoo to USMCsilver
If that saw were less than $800, then I'd buy it "just because".

I think it looks neat. Plus, I'd like to cut a tree down with it.

I've cut a tree down with a rifle. I've cut a tree down with a chainsaw. However, I've never cut down a tree with a chainsaw mounted on a rifle.
__________________
The Original USMCsilver©.

"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat! I'm goin' out to sea..." (Jimmy Buffett covering Lovett)
USMCsilver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 20:03   #42
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate
 
RagnarDanneskjold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Behind the Tofu Curtain
Posts: 3,508
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
If that saw were less than $800, then I'd buy it "just because".

I think it looks neat. Plus, I'd like to cut a tree down with it.

I've cut a tree down with a rifle. I've cut a tree down with a chainsaw. However, I've never cut down a tree with a chainsaw mounted on a rifle.

I was going to warn you about getting sawdust in the works, jamming up your weapon, but it appears to be an AK, so charge.
__________________
"The nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides, Greek Historian
RagnarDanneskjold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 20:50   #43
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.
 
NeverMore1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 27,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
When you are firing slugs, a little goes a long way. When I was a kid, plenty of people hunted deer with rifled slug guns and it seemed like every cop in the country had a slug gun tucked away in their cruiser.

I've got sixteen rounds onboard my 930 slug gun and have a sling with 24 more rounds that can be attached to the rifle's sling lugs in seconds. If a person needs more than 30 rounds of Brenneke slugs in one sitting, he should really be thinking about getting right with Jesus. Eric
I'm far from suggesting that a shotgun and someone who knows how to run it won't get the job done, just giving my opinion on why they're not as popular as other options.

I won't be giving mine away any time soon, and I don't even particularly like the things
__________________
And if we should die tonight
We should all die together
Raise a glass of wine
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 22:53   #44
moeman
Senior Member
 
moeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,103
I'm into catch and release of zombies... I live in so Ca and check the TMZ forthe where about of Linsey Lohan etc and bag 'um... Even the undead are a better lay than many.

As far as trophy zombies, I stalk the comedy center roasts... Brigette Nielsen, just got away...
moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 23:00   #45
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate
 
RagnarDanneskjold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Behind the Tofu Curtain
Posts: 3,508
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeman View Post
I'm into catch and release of zombies... I live in so Ca and check the TMZ forthe where about of Linsey Lohan etc and bag 'um... Even the undead are a better lay than many.

As far as trophy zombies, I stalk the comedy center roasts... Brigette Nielsen, just got away...
Dude, I hope you're wrapped in, like, Kevlar condoms.


Lohan? Seriously? I've done better hitting last call in a dive bar in Yuma, AZ. Yeck.
__________________
"The nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides, Greek Historian
RagnarDanneskjold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:00   #46
moeman
Senior Member
 
moeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I don't know why slug guns have fallen out of vogue, over the last few decades. They are massively hard-hitting and very accurate out to a couple of hundred meters, with quality ammo. I have mine loaded with Brenneke Penetrator slugs. They are 1-3/8 ounce slugs, moving at almost 1,700fps. That will cure what ails you. Eric
+1


And for close in buckshot (you pick) is like emptying a mag of a pistol with every pull. Another great zombie option.
moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:02   #47
moeman
Senior Member
 
moeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarDanneskjold View Post
Dude, I hope you're wrapped in, like, Kevlar condoms.


Lohan? Seriously? I've done better hitting last call in a dive bar in Yuma, AZ. Yeck.
We are talking zombie not pick of the litter... The walking undead. Hopefully, your Bettys in Yuma still have a heartbeat and soul.

BTW I'm married and just talking sh/t...

Last edited by moeman; 09-04-2013 at 05:05..
moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:43   #48
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate
 
RagnarDanneskjold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Behind the Tofu Curtain
Posts: 3,508
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeman View Post
We are talking zombie not pick of the litter... The walking undead. Hopefully, your Bettys in Yuma still have a heartbeat and soul.

BTW I'm married and just talking sh/t...
I wonder, is it still necrophilia if they're reanimated, or is it an entirely new perversion in need of a name?


ETA: Zedophilia?
__________________
"The nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides, Greek Historian

Last edited by RagnarDanneskjold; 09-04-2013 at 08:44..
RagnarDanneskjold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:46   #49
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member
 
Glockdude1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Beaumont,Texas
Posts: 26,613


Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarDanneskjold View Post
I wonder, is it still necrophilia if they're reanimated, or is it an entirely new perversion in need of a name?


ETA: Zedophilia?
I would like to know also, would a Necrophiliac be attracted to a Zombie?

__________________
"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring a Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."
Glockdude1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:58   #50
3rdgen40
.45 fanatic
 
3rdgen40's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockdude1 View Post
The Okie Corral

I really want one.......

Dude....where's your Glock ???

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Ohub Campfire mobile app
__________________
BIG BORE FAN
3rdgen40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:36.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 707
201 Members
506 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42