Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-01-2013, 21:47   #51
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.1 View Post
PIZZA!
The Okie Corral

Dave
That looks very good. Suddenly I am hungry.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:37   #52
GamerGirl
100% Relevant

I'm a very good cook but I'll need a bit of guidance as to what your skill set is and how much time and money you are willing to invest. I'm a crazy person that makes their own mustard, butter, dressings, and croissants and I routinely make things like duck confit and risotto on a Tuesday. I can make really healthy food and I can make food that will raise your cholesterol ten points just by reading the recipe.

So:

Easy and healthy:

Take a chicken breast and cut a pocket in it. Wrap a small piece of mozzarella in a few basil leaves. Stuff in the pocket. Sauté the chicken. Make a quick sauce from crushed tomatoes, minced garlic, diced onion, crushed red pepper, a little white wine and fresh basil and oregano at the end. Pour the sauce on top of the chicken. For a veggie you can make some fantastic oven roasted asparagus by cooking them in a 350 degree oven with olive oil, salt and pepper for twenty to thirty minutes. I add finely minced garlic about five minutes before they come out of the oven. Or you can microwave the asparagus and do a lemon butter sauce.

Easy and not at all good for you:

Make a quiche out of whatever leftover cheese, meat and veg you have in the oven. I make my own pie crust and have this elaborate system that takes three days to complete, but you can just buy a frozen pie crust and layer meat, cheese, and veggies and make a custard base from a cup of heavy cream and two eggs. Cook at 350 for about an hour, or until the custard is set around the edges but still slightly jiggly in the center. Let cool for about fifteen minutes before cutting or you'll have a mess on your hands.

I also now how to make many very complicated, time intensive stuff.

Bogle wines are good and around $10/bottle. I am especially fond of the petit Syrah.

When I do it I'm "wasted" and "have to leave Home Depot immediately"

Last edited by GamerGirl; 09-02-2013 at 04:38..
GamerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 14:23   #53
RPK Clone

Im a big fan of turkey legs/thighs but never make them as they usually turn out like shoe leather when i bake them.

last night I tried turkey thighs in the crockpot.
Dredged them in herbs (sage/thyme/rosemary) and a little garlic salt and dropped them in the crockpot.
mine seems to cook a little hot so I cooked them on high for 2 hours and low for 2 more.
They. Were. Awesome.
RPK Clone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 14:32   #54
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPK Clone View Post
Im a big fan of turkey legs/thighs but never make them as they usually turn out like shoe leather when i bake them.

last night I tried turkey thighs in the crockpot.
Dredged them in herbs (sage/thyme/rosemary) and a little garlic salt and dropped them in the crockpot.
mine seems to cook a little hot so I cooked them on high for 2 hours and low for 2 more.
They. Were. Awesome.
My dad is a big fan of throwing a whole chicken in the crock pot with some seasoning, no water added, and letting it sit on low until the meat's falling apart. I have to say, it's pretty good!

Ever had a deep fried turkey? some of the best turkey I've ever eaten. But the expense and hassle involved keeps me from having it.
Old 09-02-2013, 14:35   #55
GLWyandotte
Carbon User

Labor Day Feast, all grilled on the Kamado-

Zucchini slabs and Grape tomatoes with oregano-infused oil

Cucumber and onion slices in rice wine vinegar, sugar and sesame oil.

Fingerling Yukon gold potatoes with garlic and black pepper.

Chicken thighs marinated in OJ, brown sugar and smoked paprika

Sirloin steak, kabobed, marinated in Montreal seasoned olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Salmon kabobs brushed with lemon butter

My daughter's chocolate chip cookies.

Formerly Glockerel, 2003
GLWyandotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 14:40   #56
officer196

Pesto pasta.....One box whole wheat pasta, one jar of pesto, one can of chicken. Easy, quick and delicious.

My Photostream http://www.flickr.com/photos/officer196/
officer196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 14:40   #57
RPK Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarDanneskjold View Post
My dad is a big fan of throwing a whole chicken in the crock pot with some seasoning, no water added, and letting it sit on low until the meat's falling apart. I have to say, it's pretty good!

Ever had a deep fried turkey? some of the best turkey I've ever eaten. But the expense and hassle involved keeps me from having it.
yeah, we got half drunk and did that one day. I thought it would be easy, but its not. Just glad now that we didnt burn the damned house down
RPK Clone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 14:40   #58
Gregg702
Gold Membership

This was last nights dinner:
The Okie Corral

This will be tonights dinner(click http://heyjude.typepad.com/blog/2012...n-chicken.htmlfor recipe):
The Okie Corral
Old 09-02-2013, 14:46   #59
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

Greg, that looks delicious!
Old 09-02-2013, 14:57   #60
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg702 View Post
The Okie Corral

Going to the lake later, and grilling some burgers. Yay.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 15:03   #61
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post

Going to the lake later, and grilling some burgers. Yay.
Nothing wrong with a good burger. Sounds like a nice way to spend Labor Day. I like mixing a little Worcestershire sauce into the meat before grilling, little blue cheese and a tomato slice... Heaven.
Old 09-02-2013, 15:03   #62
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Originally Posted by officer196 View Post
Pesto pasta.....One box whole wheat pasta, one jar of pesto..., .
During summer, we grow basil. Nothing beats fresh pesto!!!!

For a workday breakfast, I'll get a toasted everything bagel, dry. When I get to the office, I'll spread pesto on the bagel. Hot tea. Open my newspaper. Read the comics section. Enjoy the 15 to 20 minutes calm before the 0800 madness starts.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.

Last edited by Patchman; 09-02-2013 at 15:05..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 15:08   #63
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarDanneskjold View Post
Nothing wrong with a good burger. Sounds like a nice way to spend Labor Day. I like mixing a little Worcestershire sauce into the meat before grilling, little blue cheese and a tomato slice... Heaven.
Don't have the burgers yet. Will pick them up on the way out. A little Jack D sauce and some garlic pepper seasoning.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 15:15   #64
officer196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
During summer, we grow basil. Nothing beats fresh pesto!!!!

For a workday breakfast, I'll get a toasted everything bagel, dry. When I get to the office, I'll spread pesto on the bagel. Hot tea. Open my newspaper. Read the comics section. Enjoy the 15 to 20 minutes calm before the 0800 madness starts.
Hmm, never tried it on a bagel. Thanks for the tip, gonna have to try it.

My Photostream http://www.flickr.com/photos/officer196/
officer196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 00:11   #65
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

Leftovers tonight:

The Okie Corral

The secret's in the sauce... Venison sausage, chili powder, and lots of oregano.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:34   #66
as400guy1

On sundaymwenhad bison burgers and roasted taters on the grill.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
as400guy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:58   #67
southernshooter

easy to cook

Easy: Throw some chicken breast in the oven or on the grill, steam some broccoli and cut up onion. Over rice. Add soy or sauce of your choice. Broccoli, onion and cauliflower are so easy to steam and taste the best that way.

Tortillas or tacos are easy. Chopped up burger meat, onions, chili powder, tomato, shredded lettuce, taco sauce. Grated cheese. Optional: add sour cream, refried beans.

Homemade macaroni: Grease big pyrex type cooking bowl with butter so it won't stick. Cook up some small elbow macaroni, drain. Layer the cooked mac noodles with tons of cheese, add mix of egg/milk. Cook at 350/375 for about an hour or so until the egg milk mix gets a little firm. Salt/pepper eat. I usually make enough to feed an army. Freeze leftovers in freezer bags.

Tags
okie would approve!