SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-21-2013, 20:47   #41
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk22 View Post
Type C has no safety from what I see. I don't like the safety there at all, I had two of them, both gone. I'm too picky that way lol

General Firearms Forum
Like I said though, it's not really a safety. It doesn't need to be used any differently than the decocker on a Sig. You simply decock the gun and leave it off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 20:54   #42
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk22 View Post
I've had two of the PX4's both great guns but I don't like where the safety is. Do you have a Type C at all or fired one? That's what I want, a PX4 Type C, no safety, constant trigger pull.
That was my experience with one. My hands aren't small, but I had a hard time disengaging the safety while maintaining my firing grip.
eyelikeglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:40   #43
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneJessie View Post
I've heard nothing but praise for the M&P PRO. Accurate, reliable, and ergonomically correct. I think Hickock45 did a review on one and kept it since he shot it so well. His review of one is on Youtube.
I just bought the PRO CORE 9mm. Yes, trigger break is better than standard M&P. Yes, it's pretty accurate and points nicely (though everybody has different ergonomics). The trigger reset is still vague. I've experienced a couple of failures doing my Mozambique drills (two to the chest and one to the head) because I didn't let the trigger go back out far enough. I'm sure that with more practice, I'll "get" the trigger reset, but it's not intuitive because it lacked that "click" reset on many handguns.

For those who wants FN plastic phantastics but don't want to spend a lot of moolah, just get a late model FNP and call it a day.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:41   #44
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelikeglasses View Post
That was my experience with one. My hands aren't small, but I had a hard time disengaging the safety while maintaining my firing grip.
Don't carry it with the safety on.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:52   #45
SCmasterblaster

Welcome to Glock Talk, fellow G17 owner!
Old 08-22-2013, 14:06   #46
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelikeglasses View Post
With all due respect guys, what on earth, is the deal here? It is not a safety. It's a decocker. You decock the gun just like you do a Sig. Unlike the Sig, you have the option of keeping it on, but it's not necessary. It's a long and heavy DA pull, like a revolver, Sig, and many other DA autos.

What am I missing here? In effect, Sig SP2022 works the same way. You carry it decocked with the long DA pull.

Good grief...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by bac1023; 08-22-2013 at 14:14..
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 15:00   #47
bunk22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Like I said though, it's not really a safety. It doesn't need to be used any differently than the decocker on a Sig. You simply decock the gun and leave it off.
Doesn't matter, how I rack the slide, it's in the way, don't like it. I want the Type C with no safety there. I had the PX4 in 45 and sub, great guns....something for the OP to maybe consider!

bunk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 23:38   #48
Aglockalpyse Now

I dunno if I'd like the safety/decock lever on the slide of the PX4 either. I've seen em at the lgs never had the desire to hold one though. Will be sure to next time I stop in if they have one.
Aglockalpyse Now is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
m&p9, sp2022, xd9 carry