GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 08:30   #1
OuttaHand
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 130
How do you know who won?

I shot in a match in July in Lake Elmo, MN
They have posted the "Preliminary Results" on the GSSF site. Those were up just a few days after the match.

It was my first GSSF match and I shot like sh... well, I didn't shoot well. So I know I didn't win anything for my shooting.

But when do they post the "Final Results" and post any random drawing prize winners? I keep reading about people who have won random drawing prizes like knives, GSSF memberships, guns, etc. Don't they post those?

It's been four weeks!
OuttaHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:52   #2
misunderestimated
Senior Member
 
misunderestimated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ashamed to live in NY
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaHand View Post
I shot in a match in July in Lake Elmo, MN
They have posted the "Preliminary Results" on the GSSF site. Those were up just a few days after the match.

It was my first GSSF match and I shot like sh... well, I didn't shoot well. So I know I didn't win anything for my shooting.

But when do they post the "Final Results" and post any random drawing prize winners? I keep reading about people who have won random drawing prizes like knives, GSSF memberships, guns, etc. Don't they post those?

It's been four weeks!
is this the match

http://www.gssfonline.com/results/2013/2013smn.pdf
misunderestimated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:00   #3
DannyR
Moderator
 
DannyR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Posts: 38,243
Finals are generally posted 30 days after the prelims are posted.
__________________
Lifetime GSSF Member
Certified Glock Armorer 1997-2015
NROI, Level I
Bull Dawg #1
www.gssfonline.com
https://sites.google.com/site/dannyvickieryan
DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:54   #4
OuttaHand
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 130
Yup. That's the match. I see that it now says they are the "Final Results"

How about the random prize winners?
Do they post those? Or how do you know if you won something?
OuttaHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:09   #5
SARDG
Senior Member
 
SARDG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Florida's Left Coast
Posts: 7,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaHand View Post
Yup. That's the match. I see that it now says they are the "Final Results"

How about the random prize winners?
Do they post those? Or how do you know if you won something?
I think you need to examine the Finals. All Random wins, including pistols, are on there. In the case of a pistol win it will say "Pistol Random" in the last column. Naturally, that would have to be on the same line as your name and scores.

ETA: If you've won ANYTHING, it will be on your entry line. This isn't that difficult.

Last edited by SARDG; 08-18-2013 at 12:10..
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:44   #6
OuttaHand
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 130
Well, thank you!
What I needed was the info that they post those prizes in that list.

I guess what I did NOT need was the sarcastic comment "This isn't that difficult".
This is all new to me. Just because you've done this before doesn't mean that I have.

Now another stupid question from the newbie moron: How will They send the prize I won?
OuttaHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:56   #7
misunderestimated
Senior Member
 
misunderestimated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ashamed to live in NY
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaHand View Post
Well, thank you!
What I needed was the info that they post those prizes in that list.

I guess what I did NOT need was the sarcastic comment "This isn't that difficult".
This is all new to me. Just because you've done this before doesn't mean that I have.

Now another stupid question from the newbie moron: How will They send the prize I won?
I cant take the suspense what did you win.

If it was money they send a check

If it was a gun they send a certificate.

If its a tool or a knife I think they just send you the product

I know my son once won a 2 year renual and they just marked his account as such

Congratulations on what ever you have won
misunderestimated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:59   #8
Tbone17
"Shootin Steel"
 
Tbone17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hampton, Ga.
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaHand View Post
Well, thank you!
What I needed was the info that they post those prizes in that list.

I guess what I did NOT need was the sarcastic comment "This isn't that difficult".
This is all new to me. Just because you've done this before doesn't mean that I have.

Now another stupid question from the newbie moron: How will They send the prize I won?
You will receive any prizes though the mail. Usually takes about a week to receive.

Congrats on your win!
__________________
Team Carver Custom
Glocks,
GSSF, NRA and USPSA member.
Glock Certified Armorer

Last edited by Tbone17; 08-18-2013 at 13:00..
Tbone17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 13:11   #9
OuttaHand
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 130
I won a 2-year membership renewal.
That's about a $50 value - I'll take it!
OuttaHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 13:17   #10
lethal tupperwa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 11,244


take a chill pill with that
__________________
Correctional and Therapeutic Mayhem Administrator EMERITUS

----------------------------------------

GLOCK CERTIFIED ARMORER
lethal tupperwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 13:53   #11
OuttaHand
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 130
Chill pill taken.

I just don't think it's good to answer someone's simple question with what can easily be taken as fairly rude sarcasm. This is a forum consisting of people with a similar interest. We should all try to support -- not denigrate.

The answer that was provided to me was perfect, until the last sentence. .
OuttaHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 15:21   #12
SARDG
Senior Member
 
SARDG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Florida's Left Coast
Posts: 7,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaHand View Post
Chill pill taken.

I just don't think it's good to answer someone's simple question with what can easily be taken as fairly rude sarcasm. This is a forum consisting of people with a similar interest. We should all try to support -- not denigrate.

The answer that was provided to me was perfect, until the last sentence. .
But the column heading says "Places & Prizes". I definitely got the impression you were not actually reading and thinking about the words in that document.

I probably shouldn't have thrown in the last sentence - but 'it' isn't. Some other rule translations may be - especially since Glock/GSSF has strayed from them on occasion.
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
gssf, match, prizes, results
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:33.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 669
176 Members
493 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42