Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-24-2013, 19:10   #1
joeboxer22

Question about OD and FDE glocks

I bought a glock 19 gen3 fde a while back and I think I read it was released by a distributor called Lipseys. Now glock has re-released the OD color again that was a limited run years ago. I have a few questions about these special editions. Were both colors only released by a special distributor or were the ODs released by glock themselves. Also, which is more limited as far as numbers go. I am seeing tons of ODs for sale now and the FDE's seemed to be less prevalent especially the gen3 19 like I have(I only see g4's on gunbroker in FDE) . I am somewhat of a glock collector and appreciate the less common models.
joeboxer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 19:29   #2
INEEDMILK

Both orders (the FDE run and the OD run) were commissioned by Lipseys and Glockmeister, respectively.

There are tons of both OD and FDE on the market today, but it would be hard to say which is less common because Glock doesnt release production numbers. I honestly doubt either would fetch a premium at this point in time. Maybe the older, original OD Glocks but none of the newer ones.

If you want to start becoming a Glock collector, here is a little list of the rarer Glock model variants I through together for the Glock subreddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Glocks/comme...k_ever/c76ogfe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
INEEDMILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 19:32   #3
joeboxer22

I guess "collector" was too strong a term. I am too poor to be a collector but I do appreciate the less common glock's for the cool factor. Anyhow, thank you kindly for the info.
joeboxer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:39   #4
PUREVIL

i have recently been addicted to the fde and od green glocks.... i have one gen3 od 21... and then a few gen4s

Glock Collector's Club
PUREVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:38   #5
manonmars
Spaced Out

I have 3 OD gen 3's for sale, so I called Glock to inquire as to the new production models.

They told me that there were about 15K of the new DARK EARTH models ordered by a distributor, and they are not producing OD GREEN models.

I see sellers calling the dark earth models OD green, so I have no clue.

The folks at Glock told me I should KEEP my OD Green models for future appreciation..................

Maybe I will end up doing just that.........
Old 07-31-2013, 11:16   #6
PUREVIL

I have 3 gen4 od greens.
PUREVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:42   #7
manonmars
Spaced Out

That's kinda' what I thought.

Glock made a run of Gen 4 OD's for a distributor.

No more Gen 3 OD's are being made.

I think Glock is making a Dark Earth and OD Gen 4 special run for a distributor...

I think that is what is going on.

Thanks for your input..........I'd like to know the Truth, because I can handle the truth.............
Old 07-31-2013, 15:53   #8
Lee-online
Mul-ti-pass

Every time I go to Cabelas, they seem to have more FDE Glocks than black Glocks. I almost picked up a FDE G20 but decided I really don't like the FDE. OD green is ok looking.

—Thomas Jefferson
Lee-online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 17:00   #9
HD45ACP

Quote:
Originally Posted by manonmars View Post
I have 3 OD gen 3's for sale, so I called Glock to inquire as to the new production models.

They told me that there were about 15K of the new DARK EARTH models ordered by a distributor, and they are not producing OD GREEN models.

I see sellers calling the dark earth models OD green, so I have no clue.

The folks at Glock told me I should KEEP my OD Green models for future appreciation..................

Maybe I will end up doing just that.........

FDE glocks are impostor wannabes lol
HD45ACP is offline   Reply With Quote