Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-22-2013, 17:05   #181
bcj128

Just got my G30S. I had a G30SF and sold it in error. Now I'm back in the G30 club.
bcj128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:58   #182
flyhighdp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Fart View Post
I've had my Glock 30 for about five years now. It has night sights, 3.5 lb. trigger bar, extended mag release, and an extended slide lock. I love this gun. I have never had a malfunction with it and it shoots more accurately than I can anymore. Since I bought my Glock 27 the 30 is no longer my EDC gun; stays loaded in my night stand.
Same boat.. my EDC now is G27.. (that thing is a beast).. I also love my G30 Gen 4... Hardly any recoil, rides like a nice Ferrari Enzo!
flyhighdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:31   #183
Arnold Kuhl

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyhighdp View Post
Same boat.. my EDC now is G27.. (that thing is a beast).. I also love my G30 Gen 4... Hardly any recoil, rides like a nice Ferrari Enzo!
While we extoll the virtues of the G26/27 and the G30's, lest we forget the venerable SIG 239 (in 9mm, .357SIG, or .40S&W) as one of the pre-eminent CCW guns of the era.

I've carried the SIG for about 11 years, EDC, and it still shoots like a dream. It handles the formidable .357SIG cartridge like a Daisy shoots a BB, and carries very, very well. I might add that, while I've just about worn out my Don Hume IWB leather in 11 years' worth of toting, the SIG looks as if it's almost new. The finish on my 239, for some reason, has held up much better than that of the more expensive and better known 229 (now retailing for $900 and up). I had to have the 229's slide refinished when it was still quite new, but not the 239's slide. Not a scratch on it.

That said, getting back to the G26/G27's and the G30's, they're hard to beat. While the SIGs' prices have gone through the ceiling, the Glocks still remain fairly reasonable (stock).

Bottom line: you can't go wrong with either. (I do admit that I sold my SIG220 to get enough scratch to buy my G30SF, as I wanted to tote a .45ACP in the worst way, and wanted greater round capacity too. (Got $500 for the 220; pretty decent, I think).

Regards,
AK
Arnold Kuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:01   #184
Toddles

I have a glock 30 gen 3 with a vickers extended mag release, glock extended slide release and truglo green/green sights. It's my edc. I'm 65 and my eye sight although not bad for my age is not what it used to be. I was thinking of getting a laser. I have average size hands at best. I'm looking at the CT laser grips but I'm concerned about how much it will add to the thickness of the grip. It's like holding a 2x4 already. Any advice from someone with my physical attributes would be greatly appreciated.
Toddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:29   #185
1canvas

I think a lazer grip on that grip would add to much thickness on the G30. I know they have one that goes on the rail. although my wife has lazer grips on her .38 I have used my sights for so many years thats where my eyes will go. all of my Glocks have XS Big Dot 24/7, they work very good for quick sighting in all lighting. my eyes are surely not what they use to be also.
Old 10-16-2013, 14:44   #186
Arnold Kuhl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddles View Post
I have a glock 30 gen 3 with a vickers extended mag release, glock extended slide release and truglo green/green sights. It's my edc. I'm 65 and my eye sight although not bad for my age is not what it used to be. I was thinking of getting a laser. I have average size hands at best. I'm looking at the CT laser grips but I'm concerned about how much it will add to the thickness of the grip. It's like holding a 2x4 already. Any advice from someone with my physical attributes would be greatly appreciated.
Same here. 65, medium-size hands. Vision pretty good for an old fart-type person. I personally would not add anything to make the 30SF's grip any thicker than it already is. That's why I left it stock. All it has extra is the extended slide stop, which I really prefer on all of my Glocks. I have no trouble shooting my 30SF just the way it is, stock. Even left the sights alone, too. As a carry gun, the sights don't mean a lot to me. I would consider fiber optics on a target gun, but not on a carry. I've never had a laser on anything.

Regards,
AK
Arnold Kuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 15:55   #187
entrov

The 30S just arrived for me yesterday and I managed to get it out this morning and put about 200 rounds through it. I believe it's going to be taking the place of my current 27 for EDC. I've got some trijicon HD sights ordered. The only issue I had was that I've grown to like the gen 4 mag release on my 27. Also, one of the 10 round mags just wont seem to drop free, but I'm planning to carry a 9 round flush mag and a G21 mag, so it's not much of an issue.
entrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 17:46   #188
Glockumollie

Why do you say that. Do you want to trade your slim slide for a 30sf slide and barrel with less than 100 rounds through it. Just checking, I wanted the 30s slide but couldn't find one here in my town for less than $800.00. Ouch, I bought the 30sf. It is great but I want the slimmer slide for EDC. The big slide has alot more options for cal. conversions. Please don't be offended if you're not interested I'm just trying to find some one that would rather have the heavy slide and barrel.
Glockumollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 17:55   #189
Glockumollie

Glock 30 club

I have a 30sf with less than 100rounds through it. I wanted the 30s for EDC but couldn't find one for less then $700.00. If anyone has a 30s slide and barrel in same as new condition and wants to swap for the ability to have many barrel conversions I'm your man. Just let me know and we will make it happen. Mine is absolutely perfect and I won't accept any less for a trade. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks. Of course Im talking about a straight across trade for uppers only as the frames are the same for both and the tops could be traded any way we wanted as the frame is considered the gun. Barrels and slides can be swapped like any other item such as holsters, sights ect. and shipped across state lines without any atf interference or paper work. It's legal

Last edited by Glockumollie; 10-16-2013 at 18:01..
Glockumollie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g30, team glock 30