SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:52   #141
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.

Last edited by kirgi08; 07-13-2013 at 09:53..
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:07   #142
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablam View Post
Thats a leap. But to humor you, if one has a gun and can safely seek safety and call the police, wouldn't you agree that calling the police is a better option? So, one could avoid the confrontation or chance the results of a fight. Those were the real choices Martin had. I guess he chose poorly. He's dead because of that choice.
These are the real choices Zimmerman had. Zimmerman was following Martin in a car. Then he got out with a loaded handgun and approached Martin. Zimmerman had the option of waiting for the police. He choose not to. Martin didn't have that option. Are you saying Martin should have waited for the police while a stranger who had been aggressively stalking him in the night closed the distance to arms length.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:13   #143
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Martin attacked Zimmerman.'08.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:17   #144
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
That's pure conjecture. He could have been running and hiding which would be consistent with running and trying to hide from a stalker.

Martin broke no laws that would justify Zimmerman stalking and confronting him. It's not a matter of whither I like or dislike Martin or Zimmerman. It's a matter of the law. It's the, "liberty and justice for all" thing. I suspect many of you would be on the other side of the conversation if it had been a black man stalking your wife in the night.
On what planet does a hippo stalk a cheetah?
When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:20   #145
callihan_44
INFIDEL

Quote:
Zimmerman wasn't jumped by Martin. Zimmerman was stalking Martin. What would you do if a strange man was following you home in the night? What would you do if that man confronted you?
Why didn't Martin just stay put in the bushes? If you hid because your were scared why chance a confrontation? The lil thug in him wouldnt have it that's why

Last edited by callihan_44; 07-13-2013 at 10:21..
callihan_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:21   #146
oldman11

The liberal lies, BS, and story twisting never end do they.
oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:25   #147
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hansen View Post
It happens when the cheetah comes in the water after the hippo. Most cheetahs aren't that stupid.

Leona Helmsley
Old 07-13-2013, 10:31   #148
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by callihan_44 View Post
Why didn't Martin just stay put in the bushes? If you hid because your were scared why chance a confrontation? The lil thug in him wouldnt have it that's why
There's no evidence he hid in the bushes, but if he did, how long was he supposed to stay there before walking home? How long would you have hid in the bushes? I think most of those arguing for Zimmerman's acquittal would do the same thing Martin did if a strange man of a difference race was stalking them on their way home in the night. A wise man certainly wouldn't lead a stalker to his house.

Leona Helmsley
Old 07-13-2013, 10:36   #149
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman11 View Post
The liberal lies, BS, and story twisting never end do they.
Sop when your logic breaks down you stereotype and throw out baseless claims of prevarication.

Leona Helmsley
Old 07-13-2013, 11:24   #150
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hansen View Post
Now Fred.'08.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:40   #151
oldman11

Quote:
Sop when your logic breaks down you stereotype and throw out baseless claims of prevarication.
Nope, just when I hear lies.
oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:45   #152
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Totaly irrelevant from a cold blooded logical perspective. As Joe Friday used to say, Just the fact ma'am, just the facts".
Joe never said that.

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/dragnet.asp

Quote:
That's pure conjecture. He could have been running and hiding which would be consistent with running and trying to hide from a stalker.

Martin broke no laws that would justify Zimmerman stalking and confronting him. It's not a matter of whither I like or dislike Martin or Zimmerman. It's a matter of the law. It's the, "liberty and justice for all" thing. I suspect many of you would be on the other side of the conversation if it had been a black man stalking your wife in the night.

How do you know Zimmerman confronted Martin, and not the other way around. I think that is pure conjecture too.
Unless you have any witness statements that support Zimmerman confronting Martin.

The one thing this case has, is lots and lots of people using copious amounts of brain Spackle to paint a picture to their liking.

I honestly don't know what happened from the moment the two guys were aware of each other, until the shot was fired. Only Zimmerman knows for sure, if his memory is straight. Adrenalin has a way of messing with your memory.

We don't know if Zimmerman had Martin cornered, but that's hard to imagine on a sidewalk. We don't know who approached who, we don't know who closed within arms length of the other. We don't know who initiated physical contact. We don't know if Martin made a verbal threat of death to Zimmerman.

Is that enough to rise to the level of a reasonable doubt to convict? We all have our own answers, and a lot of us will disagree with the verdict.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 07-13-2013 at 11:58..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:03   #153
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Quote:
It happens when the cheetah comes in the water after the hippo. Most cheetahs aren't that stupid.
That's no way to talk about poor Comrade Zero's son. So terribly judgmental, why I'm pretty sure that T-Ray was on the dean's list. Or was that the Miami-Dade Sheriff's list? I forget.

Say, I've been meaning to ask... How come not one of the many thousands of young black men--gunned down by other black men subsequent to the Immaculation of the Secular Humanist Messiah--resemble Comrade Zero enough to be thought of as his son? Comrade Zero lived in ****cago for decades; doesn't it stand to reason that at least one of 'Dead Fish' Emanuel's croaked hood-rats could be Comrade Zero's boy? Have they no uppity white-Hispanics in ****cago? You know they say the fruit don't fall far from de A.C.O.R.N. tree. Perhaps there is a baby mama in ****cago needin' justice too. N'est-ce pas?

When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:05   #154
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mad Dawg View Post
One was a gang want to be looser and one is an overzealous cop want to be. Both were/are a waste of good oxygen.
and, herein, lies the truth.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:48   #155
G17Jake

Quote:

Zimmerman was surveilling Martin, not stalking him.

Also, why didn't Martin run home after he knocked Zimmerman to the ground?
G17Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 13:04   #156
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G17Jake View Post

to be fair, he got shot in the heart...

Randy

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 13:23   #157
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G17Jake View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
to be fair, he got shot in the heart...

Randy

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

I think you misunderstood. Zimmerman's account is that Martin approached him and asked something like "do you have a problem", Zimmerman supposedly said no, Martin supposedly said you do now, and punched him in the nose, breaking it, and knocking Zimmerman to the ground.

The question is, why didn't he leave after he punched him the first time.

Martin was not shot, according to Zimmerman and the eye witness, until after Martin climbed on top of him and was beating his head into the sidewalk while fighting.

I guess it all depends on whether you believe Zimmerman, the eye witness, or your own imagination.

--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 14:43   #158
G17Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
I think you misunderstood. Zimmerman's account is that Martin approached him and asked something like "do you have a problem", Zimmerman supposedly said no, Martin supposedly said you do now, and punched him in the nose, breaking it, and knocking Zimmerman to the ground.

The question is, why didn't he leave after he punched him the first time.

Martin was not shot, according to Zimmerman and the eye witness, until after Martin climbed on top of him and was beating his head into the sidewalk while fighting.

I guess it all depends on whether you believe Zimmerman, the eye witness, or your own imagination.
Thank you...
G17Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 14:51   #159
bear62

Me thinks we have a hung jury........
Old 07-13-2013, 15:54   #160
wnr700

At some point doesn't TVM had a right to stand his ground if he felt threatened? Maybe he saw GZ reach for his gun.

Is this a regrettable confluence of events where two frightened people both were reacting in self defense?

GZ testified with his video and interviews. He testified with his 911 calls.

The few times I've sat on juries, guilty or not guilty came down to who I believed. True these were not murder trials... but I still took it seriously and considered the consequences my decision carried.

GZ admitted reaching for his "cell phone" and then was attacked.

Really! GZ wants us to believe after just after finishing a conversation with 911, the watchman seeking out information on when/where the police, relaying information when/where the subject, seeking an address, the subject he had pursued, that he would have put his cell phone back into his pocket? REALLY?

Don't forget... the investigator told him that it was all on video... so the phone was near his weapon... Really! REALLY?

I just don't find GZ's story credible...

If he is found not guilty that would be unfortunate.

Last edited by wnr700; 07-13-2013 at 15:59..
wnr700 is offline   Reply With Quote