GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 12:08   #1
WiskyT
Malcontent
 
WiskyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,704
I'm KBoom

Would this be considered a "KB"?

__________________
Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.
Eric Cartman


"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:19   #2
dkf
Senior Member
 
dkf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,308
More like whoopsie.

Ho Lee ***
dkf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:20   #3
ColoCG
Senior Member
 
ColoCG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 924
That's Great Wisky! LMAO
__________________
Charlie
ColoCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:24   #4
WiskyT
Malcontent
 
WiskyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoCG View Post
That's Great Wisky! LMAO
Hey! I had nothing to do with this!
__________________
Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.
Eric Cartman


"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:25   #5
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan
 
Boxerglocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Lynnwood, WA
Posts: 5,960
Nothing against you Whiskey, but I just think that whole thing is in very bad taste. People perished in that crash. To turn it into some form of stereotypical racist asian joke is just wrong. I've been in the aviation/airline industry for many years, seen and investigated crashes small and large aircraft alike, watched individuals, some of whom I have known personally carried out in stretchers and body bags. It's never funny.
__________________
Glock 3rd Gen G19/G34, 4th Gen G17 FDE, G26,
Dillon XL650 & Super 1050B BLUE Kool-aid drinking team member
Boxerglocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:34   #6
WiskyT
Malcontent
 
WiskyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerglocker View Post
Nothing against you Whiskey, but I just think that whole thing is in very bad taste. People perished in that crash. To turn it into some form of stereotypical racist asian joke is just wrong. I've been in the aviation/airline industry for many years, seen and investigated crashes small and large aircraft alike, watched individuals, some of whom I have known personally carried out in stretchers and body bags. It's never funny.
There's a couple things going on here aside from the decision to laugh at this "news" story or not. One is the complete lack of sense on the part of all the staff at KTVU who handled this story from begining to end. The other is the fact that while .gov employees are making $100K+, they bushel all of their work onto college stoners and call them interns. Then, when something goes wrong, they say "hey, it's an unpaid volunteer, what can you do?".

Senator hagen's staff is rude and useless. When you call, they never have an answer, and when you ask for someone who does have an answer, they accuse you of yelling at them and hang up on you. So much for the First Ammendment and redress of grievences. When you finally get an adult on the phone and complain about the previous person you talked to, they expalin that it was an intern and there isn't much you can do about someone working for free.

The approproiate staff at NTSB who should be handling this stuff was probably at a hotel with a massage therapist all paid for with a NTSB credit card and left the intern in charge of the whole place.
__________________
Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.
Eric Cartman


"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:43   #7
F106 Fan
Senior Member
 
F106 Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,395
The TV station knew better! They came up with a way to get some kind of confirmation from a dipstick intern and here we are.

I agree, this is a very serious event; people died. For a TV station to make a joke out of it is preposterous! No wonder most people think of the media as pond scum.

I haven't even gotten started on the racism and stereotyping. I'll save that rant for later.

Richard
__________________
"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." - Lily Tomlin
F106 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:47   #8
WiskyT
Malcontent
 
WiskyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by F106 Fan View Post
The TV station knew better! They came up with a way to get some kind of confirmation from a dipstick intern and here we are.

I agree, this is a very serious event; people died. For a TV station to make a joke out of it is preposterous! No wonder most people think of the media as pond scum.

I haven't even gotten started on the racism and stereotyping. I'll save that rant for later.

Richard
I doubt the TV station as a whole did this on purpose. MAybe someone at the station let it go knowing what would happen, but I don't think KTVU did this as a prank.

Obviously someone along the line did it, but the sveral others involved including the NTSB are really that stupid, apparently, to miss this.
__________________
Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.
Eric Cartman


"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:58   #9
jmorris
Senior Member
 
jmorris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 907
I sent it out to people I know as yet another example "confirmed reports" by the media can still be BS.
jmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 13:19   #10
F106 Fan
Senior Member
 
F106 Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
I doubt the TV station as a whole did this on purpose. MAybe someone at the station let it go knowing what would happen, but I don't think KTVU did this as a prank.

Obviously someone along the line did it, but the sveral others involved including the NTSB are really that stupid, apparently, to miss this.
Someone knew at the instant they read the names from the teleprompter that this was a prank. Everybody in the studio knew. They were able to coerce a confirmation from a dipstick and ran with it.

It is ALL the studio's fault. They own every word that goes over the air. I can just imagine the entire staff laughing their ***** off the instant it was broadcast.

I cut the worthless media no slack whatsoever. They did it, they did it on purpose and they own it.

Richard
__________________
"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." - Lily Tomlin
F106 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 13:46   #11
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa
 
Zombie Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Old Colorado City
Posts: 19,934
I need some tacos. Who wants tacos?
Zombie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 13:55   #12
jcountry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerglocker View Post
Nothing against you Whiskey, but I just think that whole thing is in very bad taste. People perished in that crash. To turn it into some form of stereotypical racist asian joke is just wrong. I've been in the aviation/airline industry for many years, seen and investigated crashes small and large aircraft alike, watched individuals, some of whom I have known personally carried out in stretchers and body bags. It's never funny.
I disagree strongly!

This is awesome humor-and an incredible insight into what morons we trust to give us the the news.

Funnier than anything I have seen in a month!

(And if gallows humors isn't your thing-that's OK. Some of us actually appreciate it. Doesn't mean we wish more people would die-just that this actually got on air was funny!)

(There are supposed to be 'news editors' who get paid to ensure that they give us 'facts.' The only thing we should be worried about is the fact that these people are morons-and we get our news from them.)

Last edited by jcountry; 07-13-2013 at 13:57..
jcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 15:26   #13
Colorado4Wheel
Senior Member
 
Colorado4Wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 14,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
(There are supposed to be 'news editors' who get paid to ensure that they give us 'facts.' The only thing we should be worried about is the fact that these people are morons-and we get our news from them.)
Most of the world is Morons. So they are just giving the masses what they want.
__________________
Steve
Colorado4Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 15:42   #14
WiskyT
Malcontent
 
WiskyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,704
__________________
Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.
Eric Cartman


"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 16:54   #15
Highspeedlane
NRA Life Member
 
Highspeedlane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: MA and N.C.
Posts: 3,580
Confirmed as of that recording, one of the pilots was named "We too low".

'Nuff said.
__________________
I'm a non-paid, non-attorney spokesman.
Highspeedlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 17:54   #16
SARDG
Senior Member
 
SARDG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Florida's Left Coast
Posts: 7,568
I worked in broadcast at our federal satellite broadcast center. We broadcast live and taped programming over multiple channels to the two largest departments in federal government.

We hired 'talent' from the local TV stations to 'anchor' our live and live-to-tape programming. I can assure you, the talent read what we put on the teleprompter and it was largely transparent to them. Our writers wrote the dribble in MS-Word and we imported it into the prompter system; the talent read the prompter... and so it went... flowing downhill, so to speak.

I notice this all the time on both local and national news - not to this extent perhaps, but bad enough that I have to wonder what they were thinking and where they got their "facts". They are news readers, not news reporters; not fact-checkers.

This 'Captain' example was so grievous that I saved the YouTube and a screen shot earlier this morning and put them in my Firearms Instructor folder to possibly demonstrate to students how the news so often gets it wrong. I'll tell you, I did laugh - at the incredible dolts who (I believe) aired it without getting it.
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:25   #17
kostnerave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
I disagree strongly!

This is awesome humor-and an incredible insight into what morons we trust to give us the the news.

Funnier than anything I have seen in a month!

(And if gallows humors isn't your thing-that's OK. Some of us actually appreciate it. Doesn't mean we wish more people would die-just that this actually got on air was funny!)

(There are supposed to be 'news editors' who get paid to ensure that they give us 'facts.' The only thing we should be worried about is the fact that these people are morons-and we get our news from them.)
Gallows humor is great and I have always enjoyed it.
kostnerave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:55.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,030
261 Members
769 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42