Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-05-2013, 16:18   #1
AK74play

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX little 20 Ga.

I won this Mossberg 500 20Ga Crown Grade in a local raffle for a $5.00 ticket. The gold trigger kinda gives it away, but now I sighted in the ghost ring sights with Remington 2 3/4 in hollow point slugs and it is extremely accurate, light and fast on top of being short. Turned in to a very viable HD gun at a minimal investment.

Last edited by AK74play; 10-07-2013 at 19:22..
AK74play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 16:34   #2
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy

Congrats to you!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 16:51   #3
deputy tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK74play View Post
I won this Mossberg 500 20Ga Crown Grade in a local raffle for a $5.00 ticket. The gold trigger kinda gives it away, but now I sighted in the ghost ring sights with Remington 2 3/4 in hollow point slugs and it is extremely accurate, light and fast on top of being short. Turned in to a very viable HD gun at a minimal investment.
Congrats! That is a sweetie. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 19:28   #4
AK74play

WOW !!!! Thanks for editing my title. I don't see what was wrong with it but apparently somebody did. Those X's make a whole lot of sense.
Old 07-05-2013, 20:49   #5
Nalapombu

NICE!! Lucky You.

I'll give ya $50 for it....

That's 10X your investment. Where else can you get that kinda return? You just can't beat that offer....

That would be a fine shotgun for you to use in the house. I've read that a lot of people are going to the 20gauge for HD use. They say they get close to the same payload as the 12 with a lot less recoil and its much easier to handle for women and small framed shooters. What's not to like?

I'd like to pick up a nice little 20 gauge myself to fix up as an HD shotgun.

Let us know how she does for you.

Nalajr
Old 07-05-2013, 21:41   #6
AK74play

I appreciate the offer and your right, it is a great deal for you anyway And the fact that I already own7 different 12 gauges meens it feels to me like a real weenie. But the way it performs I just cant argue with. From a HD stand point it's certainly got more than enough to do the job. REMEMBER, I got the original Crown Grade Mossberg in a raffle for 5 bucks, BUT as you can see, it's acquired a new 18.5 inch Mossberg breacher barrel which I just got back from Rose Action Sports having the front ghost ring sight soldered on while I installed the rear. Plus the 4 shot side saddle, synthetic furniture which I added traction tape from Brownells to the forend which is a fantastic improvement on it's hold ability and I removed the factory recoil pad and cut a steel plate to screw in it's place so when I added the Limbsaver slip on recoil pad it didn't add to the LOP. Added sling swivels and last but not least an all steel tactical safety also from Brownells so I think I'm gonna have to pass on your generous offer. At least I can recover a little by liquidating the new take off wood and new unfired vent rib barrel with 3 choke tubes that came on the gun.
I just don't see why they don't make a 6 shot side saddle for 20 gauges. My son's 20 gauge 870 would also benefit from a 6 shot.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:23   #7
Darkangel1846

Excellent raffle.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:53   #8
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK74play View Post
WOW !!!! Thanks for editing my title. I don't see what was wrong with it but apparently somebody did. Those X's make a whole lot of sense.
You're not allowed to say "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" here.
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 17:48   #9
AK74play

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
You're not allowed to say "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" here.
Ok, silly me. I see my error now.
Old 07-13-2013, 13:50   #10
Jim S.

XXXXXXXXXX = #@*+@$^*!&%#.
Bad.