SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:45   #1
Dalton Wayne
CLM Number 239
Epic mustache

Send a message via MSN to Dalton Wayne Send a message via Skype™ to Dalton Wayne
Tell us about your dog

My dog Koda is 9 1/2 years old, he's my best friend in the world, he's a dobe/pit mix, I adopted him from the pound when he was a pup, he had been dropped off out in the forest where he had been hit by a car. still has some minor hip flare up's now and then but other than that he's pretty healthy.
he's a good watch dog, but not much of a snuggler unless it time to go to bed then he want's to cuddle and smooch
When it's bed time he sleeps on the bed beside me with his butt on my pillow , then and only then do I get kisses it's like he's saying good night Pa Pa see you in the morning the he plops his butt down and I throw my arm around him and we sleep.
I love him like he was one of my children
Woof Memorial Critter's Corner

Dalton Wayne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 14:15   #2
WINGS
CLM Number 18
Charter Lifetime Member

I just got a Maremma LGD (livestock guard dog) female puppy to protect my alpacas from the local yotes. She eats more a day than my Landseer Newfie. You can almost hear her growing!
WINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 14:59   #3
markerbeacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton Wayne View Post
My dog Koda is 9 1/2 years old, he's my best friend in the world, he's a dobe/pit mix, I adopted him from the pound when he was a pup, he had been dropped off out in the forest where he had been hit by a car. still has some minor hip flare up's now and then but other than that he's pretty healthy.
he's a good watch dog, but not much of a snuggler unless it time to go to bed then he want's to cuddle and smooch
When it's bed time he sleeps on the bed beside me with his butt on my pillow , then and only then do I get kisses it's like he's saying good night Pa Pa see you in the morning the he plops his butt down and I throw my arm around him and we sleep.
I love him like he was one of my children

I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, hes about 10 years old. He follows me everywhere. Great Dog .http://www.akc.org/breeds/cavalier_k...niel/index.cfm
markerbeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:37   #4
irish_ironsight

You just cant beat the love of a good dog.
Old 07-27-2013, 19:46   #5
OMCHamlin

My dog, Hope
She is a larger sheltie, 16 years of age, a beautiful dog, still, even through the ravages of old age, arthritis and cancer. She barks at everybody, and is an incorrigible beggar. She follows me around like a lost little lamb, I have never had a dog so devoted to me (and I have had many a GOOD dogs!). And so, I do my best to repay the adoration, and as they say, to be the kind of man my dog thinks I am.
We got her in 2006, she was my mom’s dog, and I inherited her on mom’s passing, shortly before Mother’s Day and not quite two full weeks after my Navy retirement of 23 years. She was so frightened of me at first, would not come near me, but somehow overcame her fear and has been my inseparable buddy ever since. She has had several bouts with cancer, winning all but this last one, which is in her nose, in her bones there, and this will take her, sooner, rather than later, I’m afraid. Her soft, white haired belly looks like a sewing practice dummy for a mad seamstress, but several good and devoted vets have gone in and saved her for me, and though I’ve put their kids through college, I am grateful to them for keeping her with me as long as they have. One of them will come by the house when it’s time, they know she hates going to the office to see them.
We used to walk all over the small town where we live, she was allowed in the town office, the grocery and hardware stores and our little post office. She would bark at everyone and especially hated little yellow shopping bags (her eyes weren’t all that hot, either, I suppose). She loved to walk, and could sense when we turned towards home, her gait would slow, as though putting it off a little longer. Now a long walk is all the way across the yard, and every now and then, a foray across the street, with a few rest stops to lie in the grass and contemplate life, I guess.
I cannot begin to say how much I love this little old dog, and how much having her with me has made life good…

Last edited by OMCHamlin; 07-28-2013 at 18:12..
OMCHamlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 20:34   #6
nostalgiaguy

Well soon she will be my dog. Gracie is a 6 year old toy poodle that my mom begged my father for. They always had dogs in the past ,but Gracie was Moms pride and joy. Sadly mom passed away 6 months after they got her. MY father needed a reason to get up in the mornings after moms passing. He worships that little dog and revolves his day around her constant walks and care. Gracie does the same for him being his constant companion. 6 months ago Dad was diagnosed with Terminal cancer. As of a few days ago they give him a year at the very best. Gracie still provides Dad with something else to focus on other than his illness. Of course she will come home to my wife and I once Dad decides it is time. She is sort of my sister and we love her much. Not exactly my Idea of what I would have picked for a dog personally. However she is kind of like my "sister" and has provided unconditional love to both of my parents and was there for both of them in times when I could not be. We will love her and take care of her with the best life we can provide her. I will be in her debt forever for what she has done to provide happiness and joy to my folks. She is going to have a continued spoiled life of luxury.
nostalgiaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:35   #7
FL Airedale
Dog Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton Wayne View Post

The photo of Koda sleeping is hilarious.

I've been looking around for photos of my dogs and realize that I've been negligent in taking any lately. I need to do that.
I used to be a people person but people ruined that for me.
FL Airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:01   #8
FL Airedale
Dog Breath

We have 3 Airedales. Simon and Nigel are both about 2 1/2. Lily is 6.

We adopted Nigel from a lady that raises Cape Buffalo. She wanted Nigel to be an aggressive farm dog to keep people away. He doesn't have that in him. He loves everybody.

He did like trying to chase the buffalo. Cape Buffalo don't run. He had to be chained up for his own protection. He wasn't keeping people away and messing with Cape Buffalo is very dangerous so he was looking for a job. This is him on the day we got him. He's 70 pounds of lovable fluff.

While I call Nigel our adopted dog, Lily was a true rescue. Her owner had died when she was a puppy. Someone was feeding her but Lily spent about 16 hours a day in a crate that was 4 inches shorter than she was tall. It was also shorter, lengthwise, than she was.

This "free" dog cost us $1700 when she ate a leather glove and it got stuck in her small intestine. I sure wish she'd torn it apart first.

Here she is watching the boys spar. Lily has the red collar. She looks small because of the camera angle. She's about the same size as Simon. They both weighed 59 pounds at their last vet visit.

Simon's head is behind Nigel. Nigel looks very different now that he's been groomed.

Simon is on the left in this photo. That's Nigel with the toy.

I call Simon "The Prince" because he's never experienced hardship. I bought him when he was still a twinkle in his daddy's eye and picked him up when he was 8 weeks old.

We sometimes call Simon the Honey Badger because he is absolutely fearless. The other dogs are afraid of thunder and fireworks but Simon, like the honey badger, doesn't care. He's been with us 2 1/2 years and I still haven't seen anything scare him. The day he arrived here, he was trying to play with horses. Video evidence:

For those that don't understand the Honey Badger reference, go to YouTube and look up Honey Badger. You want the one narrated by Randall. I dare you not to laugh!

I didn't link the video here because the title the title has a PG-13 word.
I used to be a people person but people ruined that for me.
FL Airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 16:11   #9
Rick O'Shay

Peeka-Pom here. His name is Harlan, and he's a comical, playful, loving little guy. Has to be groomed every 4 weeks, but otherwise a low maintenance dog. Eats very little, and serves as our "doorbell", from his perch at the living room window. Of course, he thinks we need to know about possoms, racoons, deer, crows, etc., walking through the front yard. But really sings out to announce a car coming down the driveway. He will do anything you ask, as long as you have a jerky treat in your hand.
Rick O'Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 17:11   #10
officer196

great idea for a thread. Woof Memorial Critter's Corner

2 Beagles, on the left is zero, on the right is Drake. Brothers and about a year old.

My Photostream
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by officer196; 07-28-2013 at 17:19..
officer196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 17:35   #11
ilpirata

Mine's a 34 lb. red tri-color Australian Shepherd named Will Bear. I got him 3 years ago from the Aussie Rescue and Placement Helpline. (ARPH.ORG) Good folks BTW. He was 2 and I was his 3rd home.

WB is always up for a long walk in the park, some agility and keeping small animals out of HIS yard. For a dog who can jump over the back of the sofa, he will NOT jump in the car.

He is a snuggler until he thinks you're asleep, then he's off on night duty in the house. Just like my last Aussie.

Cool thread...
ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 17:43   #12
JerryVO

This is Hercules. He is a 2 year old 20lb. Pure bread american Eskimo. This is the day after we picked him up from the rescue 5 weeks ago. He was full of fleas and had several hot spots on his skin. He is much better now and flea free. I am a bigger dog guy but my wife and her two cats are not accustom to dogs so we started with something fluffy and not intimidating. Everyone already gets along and he will sit on the couch calmly with the cats. He still needs some training but we could not have asked for a better dog.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Woof Memorial Critter's Corner - Click for larger version  

Last edited by JerryVO; 07-28-2013 at 17:43..
JerryVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:26   #13
oldbaldguy

I have a 7 1/2 year old ex racing greyhound. definitely my best friend. She had never been in a house, gone up/down steps, or other civilized things before. Quick learner. My wife calls her my mistress. Follows me everywhere. Wonderful dog. She is either sleeping (often on me) or running--- so much faster than my lab it makes me laugh.
oldbaldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 18:17   #14
Green_Manelishi
Knicker Knotter

my dog

The Ghillie is a 9 YO, male, tri-color, long-haired, Border Collie. He was rescued at the age of 1.5 years.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Green_Manelishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 00:53   #15
officer196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Manelishi View Post
The Ghillie is a 9 YO, male, tri-color, long-haired, Border Collie. He was rescued at the age of 1.5 years.

Great picture!

My Photostream
officer196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:28   #16
ShallNotBeInfringed
NRA Business Al

This is Sugar Bee & Clipper Marine. They room with my wife and me. They like pick up rides, and sometimes go sailing. They are a pair of Maltese.

ShallNotBeInfringed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:25   #17
Batesmotel

Dumb.

No, really. Sweet little 9 year old beagle. But not the smartest dog. I have had some smart dogs including one incredibly intelligent cocker but this little guy is just not that smart.

He is always cold in winter so he snuggles up to me all the time. I work from home a lot of the time and he follows me around most of the time. Beagles are pack dogs. We are his pack. He gets lonely when we are gone. We will come home after a few hours and he will be in the house just baying because he is alone.

He misses my son a lot. My son has been in the Philippines for 9 months and will be gone for 15 more. The dog Still checks his bed every night before he goes to sleep.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:57   #18
HOTHEAD

His name is Grimm, he's 14 months,
He's an absolute bumble head!!
And he is my very best friend.

Last edited by HOTHEAD; 08-09-2013 at 08:58..
HOTHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:01   #19
ranger1968

Honey, our Australian Cattle Dog; as sweet as her name, and smart....almost too smart....

Last edited by ranger1968; 08-09-2013 at 09:08..
ranger1968 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:35   #20
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Sherlock is my pride and joy. he is my Beta dog and I am Alpha. We are close. I wouldn't want to lose him for the world. No matter what is bothering me, he is always there to hug and be "baby held" in my arms. (the Vet helper told me not to hold him "that way" during one of his visits. I pulled both my arms down and said "what way", while he sat up on his butt and fell backwards to my chest and arm.) He loves to be held so he is close, facing forward, and can see everything around him.

He is so spoiled and I believe it is his purpose in our pack to be spoiled.

<<<<<<<<<<<<Sherlock is 13 years old now.

He sleeps in my arms like a baby while we listen to music in the dark together, when the wife is gone playing cards.

When anything is troubling me, he climbs into my arms and will lick my cheek only once or twice, then just hug and be a comfort. He is mine. He is always there for me trying to make things better. My wife's approach to trouble, is to withdraw and hide out. My dog is the only comfort in the house when things are bad and I am alone. I could never let him be alone.

I complain when he wants me to do things, and the wife offers to take him for me. I tell her that I complain because I don't want him to know just how much it means to me to be able to do things for him. (unfortunately, he knows)

My wife held our last Yorkie when he passed at 18 years old and I will never let that happen again. Afterwards I felt like I had abandoned him at the last moment in his life when he needed the most love. Never again.

His job in our pack is to protect my wife. He gets nervous when she is gone and visibly disturbed if she is gone during a storm. My job is to protect everyone including him. He is a great watch dog and cannot seem to understand why I can't hear what he does. (I have significant hearing loss from childhood), so he is my ears too.

We shopped for a large Yorkie so he wouldn't get hurt jumping on and off the furniture. His best friend and playmate is now the 90 lb. Rottweiler across the street. I have videos of him playing with my Daughter's Akita too. Large dogs seem to understand how small and fragile he is (8 lbs.) and they compensate while playing with him.

It is amazing what dogs know and understand from words, tone and inflection; when you talk to them. I find the more I pay attention to him the more we can communicate together. I have never had a dog disappoint me. Humans, on the other hand......................

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is online now   Reply With Quote