GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:53   #61
rustytxrx

WELL! My favorite 1911 is a Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II. You will notice that Kimber tech sheet says 7 rounds also.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/co...s-pro-carry-ii

I am on my fourth box of 1K UMC 230 gr hard ball so it is broken in. I took two Power Mag Chip McCormick Custom mags to the club. I ran 5 mags thru at 7 + 1. ran like a top.

at 8 + 1 I had to use a bit of force to get the mag to seat (Barney load). We pulled the magazine to inspect #1 (top round) round. the brass has been marked pretty well by the force used to seet the magazine. Unless the slide was well lubed it did not like to load #1 with 8 + 1. So IMO this is a 7 + 1 pistol and I got no problem with that
Old 07-06-2013, 12:31   #62
barth
six barrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4949shooter View Post
John Moses Browning designed them to hold seven rounds!

That having been said, I have had great performance out of the Wilson #47D's.
LOL,

Off Topic.
But my classic Sig P220 45 came with 7 round mags.
Later Sig changed to 8 round in the same size.
And there were folks that talked reliability issues with the 8 rounders as well.
I've stuck with the original 7 round mags.
And have never ever had a FTF.

Last edited by barth; 07-06-2013 at 12:33..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:11   #63
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytxrx View Post
So are you loading a Barney round with your 8 round mags make the gun 8 + 1. If you have a reload with retention ya don't have any trouble seating a 8 round magazine? the gun never chokes after the first shot on a 8 + 1 loading?

I guess you reel ok about combat reloads with 8 round magazines ??

standing on an indoor range I don't have too much trouble with 8 round mags. I do have some issues with them on a stage. right when the RO says load and make ready till my last reload is in and shooting
THis is how I run my 1911s, no issues using good 8rd mags. The 1911 gets a lot of bad press as unreliable but most issues can be traced to cheap mags.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 07-07-2013 at 08:11..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 21:44   #64
rustytxrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
THis is how I run my 1911s, no issues using good 8rd mags. The 1911 gets a lot of bad press as unreliable but most issues can be traced to cheap mags.
I am sure you are right. I never feel disadvantaged with 7 in the pistol and 7 on my belt. The pro carry II runs without fail at 7 and 7. My last 200shots NMC 50 yds average 84 points for 10 shot strings. 25 yd average is about 10 points higher.

I noticed several made note they wanted non-protruding bases on their mags? Wonder why that is. I think those rubber bumpers seat the mag more easily and securely??
Old 07-07-2013, 23:00   #65
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytxrx View Post

I noticed several made note they wanted non-protruding bases on their mags? Wonder why that is. I think those rubber bumpers seat the mag more easily and securely??
McCormick 8 rd Shooting Star mag is the flush fit mag that's in my carry gun (no magwell). I like the flush fit, as it doesn't print as badly when carrying. Spare mags have the pad for exactly the reason you state. Although I've shot the shooting star mags a bunch, they don't see competition like the Powermags do, because my single stack gun (TRP) has a magwell. The flush fit get a little lost in there.
Zombie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote