Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-24-2007, 19:55   #81
J.P.
Intergalactic

The level of one-upsmanship on this board is unprecedented.
Also,I really don't understand how grown men can have fits or cry over something so worthless as an internet discussion.
Some people take themselves far too seriously.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:35   #82
Delta-x
Silver Membership
NRA Member

Trollish , armchair, ballistic experts should be deported.
Big Dawgs #1945 /1911 Club #5491/Sig Sauer #1945
Lone Star Glockers #1945 /Black Rifle Club #1945

"The sword of justice has no scabbard"-Rival
Delta-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 00:40   #83
mikegun

thank you

Ed thanks for taking charge, what kills me is we have people that are very new to guns, let alone caliber differ. which we all were at one time, they want help and advise, and it may seem that their questions are stupid, they are not stupid to the poor guy that6 needs advice, and somefloks will argue with the newbee, and make them feel foolish, this stuff needs to stop,if a guy needs help then help him....thanks mike
Old 12-08-2007, 11:20   #84
shootingbuff

Well no blood no foul eh?

GT is for entertainment - therefore the stress lvl should be low. If any wants to raise their BP then it is more entertainment for me - let it go, if one doesn't want to read it then don't. Of course as long as the content is kept at the wee lads and lasses lvl.

This thread is a great example of stress manangment

sb
Old 01-29-2008, 21:43   #85
J. Parker

For some strange reason Calibre Corner is always THE most riotess section on GlockTalk. I dunno. Ego? One upmanship? Hmmmm.
J. Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:22   #86
Retired Squid

Since I have been a member I have basically stuck with 10mm & rimfire forums and have rather enjoyed the company and info gleamed at this sight. To my knowledge I have never been berated, insulted or done that to anyone here on the forum.

In the past I have left one forum because of overbearing moderators that gave public points and private belittlings when posting in a wrong section, or taking a thread off topic for one semi related question or comment. They did on one occasion even give me points (better word is demerits) when I challanged a moderators rulling in a private message like the PM they sent me telling me what I had done wrong and if I wanted to rebuttle where to rebuttle. I have since had two emails telling me I was missed and to come back, but I took my 40 years experience with that one gun and left and will never return.

That said I have left several because of too much name calling, baiting and general trolling by some members without moderators trying to correct problems.

But here I seem to have found a home even though I do not own a Glock and most likely never will. Unless I break down and buy a little 10 mm G29 for carrying in the car consoul which is rather small and just barely holds my S&W J frame. But to be honest the good people here on the 10 Ring have really got me thinking about buying a G29 this summer for my car gun. I probably would have bought one already if I could just convince myself to spend that much money for a gun that will spend 99.9% of the time stored in the car and seldom shot.

Why seldom shoot you ask? The cost of just reloading is getting hard to handle when even with reloading it cost almost 20 cents to send a round down range. Because of that I have been doing something I have not done in years and that is 22 rimfire shooting. Even bought 2 new rimfires and one used model to plink with at the range.

Last edited by Retired Squid; 03-22-2008 at 07:27..
Retired Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:36   #87
TwlVoltz
Golf Junkie

I just found this forum but am on many others some in a moderator position. We have the same issues there as i have read about here. it pretty much comes down to this quote we use over there:

" Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win your still retarded. "

Over there we also dont like to ban what we have found is a 7 day ban will most of the time cool them off and if it starts back up there gonefor good . Just an idea i dont know if you have the temp ban option on here.
TwlVoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:55   #88
Retired Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwlVoltz View Post
" Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win your still retarded. "
Hahahahaha that I will have to remember. May make it my signature.
Old 11-19-2008, 13:09   #89
Preußen
Wildey's here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Squid View Post
Hahahahaha that I will have to remember. May make it my signature.
Just make sure you say "you're", and not 'your still ret***' -- basic grammar errors like that make you look foolish when you're trying to look witty
Preußen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 13:29   #90
Retired Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preußen View Post
Just make sure you say "you're", and not 'your still ret***' -- basic grammar errors like that make you look foolish when you're trying to look witty
You know I started to comment about it and got a phone call and when I came back I just posted instead of finishing.

Guess I am getting old, I have been doing some really stupid things of late.
Old 11-19-2008, 20:42   #91
TwlVoltz
Golf Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preußen View Post
That was kind of the point......
TwlVoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 18:00   #92
mikeyglock
Who,me???

People, I had to bail from this forum for a long time because of the lack of common decency and common respect I received on numerous occasions here at Glock Talk. I'm glad that Eddie put the hammer down. This place just started to become a place full of wise***es. We all can learn alot from each other.
Walter Ga got the boot? I used to like that guy.....

Thanks Eddie!
P.S. still shooting the .45 super?

mikey

Last edited by mikeyglock; 06-13-2009 at 18:03..
mikeyglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 23:16   #93

Last edited by 481; 12-22-2009 at 21:57..
481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:32   #94
decibels5

separate forum for trolls

I am a gold member of a auto forum. What they did was open up an argument forum. so if there was a disagreement by trolls, they could go there and argue back and forth. Not only was this helpful and kept the boards from filling up with bs, it also provided entertainment. Now for the newbies, which I am to this forum. I didnt see an introduction forum or newbie forum yet, Maybe I am missing it. This is a great place to introduce and ask "stupid" questions.
decibels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:42   #95
Retired Squid

decibels5 VW or MB Shop Forum I hope, if not, and have fun here. Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question if ask in earnest.

Welcome to the G forum.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:56   #96
tbhracing

First posting in this thread for 2010. Good stuff here do far. Thanks Eddie C.
tbhracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 18:58   #97
shootingbuff

I thought all was good once WalterGA left.

Guess all i had to do was log on and see the rules thing to understand that there are problem posters on GT and they are not even informative, wise, or funny.

It has grown though. and with growth there will be a higher percentage of problems - possibly real problems now.

I am willing to bet the biggest problems are the uneducated, unwise, up-with their self, those not ready for the big boys and get their feelings hurt crowd.

Basically ones to be ignored or booted. More rules to them are just more rules to break. Maybe they are worth something by keeping the tissue makers making tissue?

Best on your quest to make nice.

sb
Old 09-28-2012, 10:16   #98
SCmasterblaster

Is WalterGA still around, BTW?
Old 06-16-2013, 15:29   #99
gator378
Gator378

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobranx View Post
May I suggest that you crack down on the 10mm degrading threads. Several of us realize the full potential of this round and others just want to sit and push our buttons. People come in here to be educated on handgun ballistics. It's not at all professional for these arm chair ballistics experts to lead them in the wrong direction. It just feeds the cycle of ignorance. Feel free to PM me concerning this matter as I'd love to express my views...
I may have to get some more popcorn and tune in to this thread more often. Getting as good as the Military Chanel.
Old 07-05-2013, 17:31   #100
clarkz71

10mm, isn't that a .40 long?

Just kidding, don't have a cow.

I try to be civil, but a troll is a troll, and some are good at what
they do.......cause trouble.
G23 gen3 .40/.357 Sig
Florida Glocker #1923

Last edited by clarkz71; 07-05-2013 at 17:32..
clarkz71 is offline   Reply With Quote