Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:59   #21
mikegun

thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaNoBother View Post
mikegun, I've noticed a couple or LCP posts by you. Not to get off subject, but I'm guessing you or someone you know has one. Might I highly recommended the Hogue grip...makes a world of difference
I I have the Hogue hybred grip on my lcp , very nice change and thanks
Old 06-30-2013, 12:21   #22
XDfense

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefWPD View Post
I've found my LCP to be a remarkably reliable pistol. I've put probably 500 assorted rounds through her with nary a bobble. I don't wish to entire into the "what ammo is best for self-defense" debate, but, for the record, I carry WW flat nose 95 grain FMJ loads in mine. A commonly available round, stone reliable and the flat nose does help in terminal performance.
I stagger WWB and Gold Dots and never have feeding problems. Only LCP issue I've had was with Tula. The steel cases get hung up in the mag.

I like the Hogue grip too as others have noted.
XDfense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:41   #23
ithaca_deerslayer

Hornady Critical Defense has pointy plastic tips that go into the chamber nicely.

Wolff Springs make higher poundage springs to help drive the slide closed with more authority.

Old 06-30-2013, 13:21   #24
ViennaGambit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattonT View Post
First I have never used Buffalo Bore 380 ammo. I have however used some BB 9mm +p+. It was the most inaccurate ammo I had ever used, in any gun. This was through my late grandfathers G19 that has accurately put over 10k rounds of assorted ammo on paper POA. It did not have excessive recoil so that was not the issue. I bought it for expansion/penetration test against 357sig/40/45 that I shot all in the same session.
After that day I fully test all ammo through every gun extensively. The thought that someone has loaded up some of xxxx ammo and not tested it scares the snot out of me.
I have used the BB hard cast 100gr flat nosed +P.

Never had an issue and it was accurate enough.

I think flat nose in the LCP is the way to go - same reason why lots of folks swear by the SWC in .38 special. Flat nose is good for iffy calibers.
Old 01-10-2014, 14:19   #25
mikegun

u r correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyasian1 View Post
TulAmmo FTW!!! Not really, that shizz sux! FWIW, I don't have a LCP, but my P238 fired two magazines of TulAmmo before the slide locked up on a round. I pulled it out, put a new round in the mag, same thing. Once I got that round out, I fed 3 mags of Hornady Critical Defense with no issues.

FYI, I got three boxes of TulAmmo in .380 for the highest bidder, lets start the bidding at $1000...

What? don't you know there's a gun grab going on?!?!
Some time ago I bought a box of the same ammo in 380, tried to shoot same in an old p3at EVERY ROUND JAMMED THE PISTOL, prior never had a jam w any ammo....tossed ammo in garbage...
Old 01-11-2014, 04:13   #26
colin1230

I purchased a new LCP about a month ago and have about three hundred rounds through it so far. It was my plan to put several hundred through it for brake in and then start trying SD ammo. The only ammo available had been Rem/UMC 90g FMJ. The first fifty rounds shot, I had two fail-to-feed's. The next box of fifty I had one ftf. The last two hundred rounds have fed 100%. I now have several boxes of Hornady Critical Defense that I am anxious to try. So far I am very impressed with this little pistol.
Thanks for the thread mikegun. I appreciate everyones response.
colin1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 13:40   #27
immanurse

owned an LCP, prior to purchasing GLOCK 17... go on youtube and search "shootingthebull". i ran 300+ rounds of precision one ammunition through my LCP (flawlessly).
immanurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 16:59   #28
J_Rico

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattonT View Post
I do have an LCP as does almost everyone in my family. Has anyone found ammo that didn't feed and function in an LCP?
Yes. Some Fiocchi jhp. Think it was 95 gr. Had a very long OAL. Would get stuck in the magazine.

So, far that has been the only problem.

Shot several hundred Winchester RA380T without issue.

Theodore Roosevelt
J_Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 17:15   #29
robhic
Platinum Membership
WOLVERINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViennaGambit View Post
I have used the BB hard cast 100gr flat nosed +P.

Never had an issue and it was accurate enough.
So did I, but I DID have issues! I figured a bit of +P ammo wouldn't hurt the LCP. I don't know 'zactly when it happened (how many rounds) but it couldn't have been more than around 20 and the take-down pin head sheared off!

I couldn't remove it for anything and brought it to a friend who is a gunsmith. For $20 he removed the broken shaft of (what was left) of the pin and I gave him a new pin I ordered from Ruger for $2. Good as new but a MAJOR PITA! I don't think I'll be using any more +P in my LCP ....

Obama doesn’t simply lie. He exists in a truth-free zone.
robhic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 18:52   #30
ViennaGambit

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhic View Post
So did I, but I DID have issues! I figured a bit of +P ammo wouldn't hurt the LCP. I don't know 'zactly when it happened (how many rounds) but it couldn't have been more than around 20 and the take-down pin head sheared off!

I couldn't remove it for anything and brought it to a friend who is a gunsmith. For $20 he removed the broken shaft of (what was left) of the pin and I gave him a new pin I ordered from Ruger for $2. Good as new but a MAJOR PITA! I don't think I'll be using any more +P in my LCP ....
Wow that is good to know and thank you for the heads up!!!

As time has gone on, I have actually switched to Speer 90gr Gold Dots, non +P, and have carrying those since the fall...

This video speaks volumes:

Old 02-24-2014, 19:33   #31
AZson

Did he say breast feeding?
Old 02-25-2014, 13:53   #32
fg17

I have 345 rounds of 95 gr magtech ammo, Ball and HP through my LCP without a malfunction. I did fire 6 round of pmc bronze ammo once and had 1 malfunction, the only malfunction I have had to date.
fg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 15:08   #33
J_Rico

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhic View Post

There is no SAAMI standard for 380acp +P is there? So no firearm can be rated for this?

Anyone selling +P ammo is basically saying, "Good luck."

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 02-25-2014, 17:32   #34
robhic
Platinum Membership
WOLVERINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Rico View Post
There is no SAAMI standard for 380acp +P is there? So no firearm can be rated for this?

Anyone selling +P ammo is basically saying, "Good luck."
I've heard that numerous times. But I don't load 'em, I just buys 'em! Buffalo Bore (and some others) rate some ammo as +P so I figure it's a higher pressure grade. If it meets some spec, I don't know. But I tried it for reference if I wanted a more powerful round to keep in the gun for whatever reason. And it does shoot more "zippy" if ya know what I mean. The gun jumped like a scalded dog!

I also have a Bersa "Thunder" 380 pistol which IS rated for +P higher-pressure ammo. Go figure...

Obama doesn’t simply lie. He exists in a truth-free zone.
robhic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 18:31   #35
Yarddog(1)

I shot alot of cast 102gr came out 105-107gr.. For SD loads I use WWB 95gr FN or Rem 90gr fmj with narry a problem ; )
Y/D
Old 02-25-2014, 18:49   #36
immanurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by immanurse View Post
owned an LCP, prior to purchasing GLOCK 17... go on youtube and search "shootingthebull". i ran 300+ rounds of precision one ammunition through my LCP (flawlessly).
forgot to add this video: (WATCH THE ENTIRE SERIES)

Last edited by immanurse; 02-25-2014 at 18:50..
immanurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:35   #37
catalyst686

I've fired hundreds of hydrashoks without an issue.
catalyst686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:40   #38
PEC-Memphis
Scottish Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaNoBother View Post
+1 for Golden Sabre
This is what I use. 100% so far.

The GS bullet is designed to have a low threshold of expansion velocity, something around 400 fps, if I recall correctly. For a cartridge which is sort of marginal in terminal ballistics, I consider this attribute to be desirable. For other cartridges with generally better velocities/momentum (9mm, .40, .45, etc), I consider this attribute to be less critical, where there are lots of good choices for SD ammunition (although I lean towards the GS for these too).
Old 02-27-2014, 14:40   #39
fastbolt

Just noticed this old thread was still active.

I'm still carrying either Win RA380T or Speer GDHP, but that's because I bought some boxes of the T-Series when I first got my LCP, and the Speer ammo is available at my agency.

I've also tried the Win FPFMJ, STHP and Rem HPJ BJHP, all of which have fed & fired normally.

Handy little .380 pistol. Aside from replacing the takedown pin (occasionally walked under recoil), and adding some color/contrast to the rudimentary sights, the little gun's done fine.

Not as enjoyable to shoot as much as my J-frames, but surprisingly accurate for its size.

I've been thinking about maybe picking up a new M&P Bodyguard .380, to supplement the LCP, now that S&W has eliminated the integral laser and they've had a chance to shake out any remaining teething pains.
Sub Club #9; .40 S&W Club #1953; S&W Club #3913
Retired LE - firearms instructor/armorer
fastbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 20:13   #40
J_Rico

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbolt View Post
and adding some color/contrast to the rudimentary sights,
I did this as well and was impressed at the difference it made.

Was shooting against a timer last week and was surprised at how well it went.

Theodore Roosevelt