Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-16-2013, 23:37   #741
mortpes

Although I too have nothing to hide I wonder about the wisdom of answering the knock. I notice the officers put many holes in the boat the fellow was in although he was not shooting back or had a gun. Also there are increasing reports of SWAT teams shooting innocent people, wrong addresses, etc. So what can we do to avoid being the victim of a trigger happy coffee overdosed hypertensive recruit?
mortpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 23:50   #742
Ohio Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
Although I too have nothing to hide I wonder about the wisdom of answering the knock. I notice the officers put many holes in the boat the fellow was in although he was not shooting back or had a gun. Also there are increasing reports of SWAT teams shooting innocent people, wrong addresses, etc. So what can we do to avoid being the victim of a trigger happy coffee overdosed hypertensive recruit?
Welcome to the party.

Anothe expert slinging mud...what is it you do for a living?

"Increasing reports of swat teams shooting innocent people"- with the exception of the few incidents discussed at length please advise on the increase.

Sounds to me more like a quick bash and run, I await your response.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 00:25   #743
certifiedfunds
Tewwowist

Quote:
No one has been proven innocent yet

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 00:50   #744
countrygun

Quote:
So, tell me how you, in your expert opinion after years of experience, think should have been done when they had a person cornered who had participated in a religiously inspired bombing, of the type carried out by suicidal fanatics, had chucked bombs out of a car and who had participated in the murder of a campus cop ?

Given the fact that it would not have been unthinkable that he had another explosive device or a suicide vest or might have had a gun, I guess the proper thing would have been to find some putz to walk up to the boat and ask him "How's it hanging Dude" ?

"fellow" you call him a "fellow" ? pull your head out of the sand (or wherever)The poor little baby did everything he could to bring a world of &(*% down on his head and that is exactly what he got. I'll bet he isn't surprised that there are MMQB's with kind hearts and good thoughts, and a latent desire to bash LE, who think they know how it should have been handled and that they could have done better.

The fact that you can look at the damage and the horror your "Hardy Boys" inflicted on your fellow Americans and even give his fate a passing thought is sign that America may well be coming to the point where it deserves what it is going to get in the future if they keep coddling these bombing monsters.

The fact that you try to spin the situation to indict the law enforcement officers who put their lives on the line and try and make them the villains instead of the twisted SOB that killed and maimed so many innocent people, tells me that you would harbor no ill will if one of your family were killed or had their legs blown off.

You have entirely too much sympathy for your enemies. The sad part is that it is almost a guarantee that your genes are in the pool because your ancestors weren't so soft in the head.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:05   #745
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Why even introduce the notion...
I did not introduce "the notion" into the discussion. I believe 4949 and others did that. I expounded on the topic.
Quote:
...of the courts changing the criteria for exigent circumstances...
It's long been held that the courts are the final arbitrators of such issues.
Quote:
...if everything was done above board?
Who really gets to make that determination?

You can post that they were wrong all over the internet. It means nothing.

All the cops on here can post the actions were 100% right. It means nothing.

The citizens of Watertown, Cambridge, Boston, Massachusetts, they are the ones whose voices carry the weight, right? They can say... well, so far they are saying nothing. That is bothering a lot of people. A damaged person must come forward, say they were wrong and challenge the actions.

Where?

In the courts.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:03   #746
RussP

Quote:
Do you think the police should knowingly act outside of what the law says they may do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Should anyone?
Quote:
Sure. There are lots of reasons for citizens to break the law and rightfully so.
Of course...
Quote:
I shudder to think what would happen though if an illegal warrantless search absent exigent circumstances would have resulted in gunfire inside a home. The resident would be in quite a pickle.
That is why they were asking residents to vacate while they searched. If they found the 2nd suspect, the resident would be out of harm's way.
Quote:
If the terrorist busted in at least he could legally defend his home.
If he were one of the 260,000 people in Mass who have a permit to own a firearm, yes.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:41   #747
RussP

Quote:
Do you believe it is proper for agents of the state to act illegally and then hope that a court rules in their favor and expands the power of the state at the expense of the Bill of Rights?
Quote:
I do not believe the government should usurp the Rights of the People.
Quote:
The government can't. Well, not without willing accomplices.
As I said, "I do not believe the government should usurp the Rights of the People."

Old 06-18-2013, 03:20   #748
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

All of yall need to get a life.
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:22   #749
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Gosh, I wish I'd thought of that in the...naw, I'd have to report myself if I went further.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:34   #750
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
I'm retired...I get to choose what I do. Today, I think maybe, maybe I'll go work on my sailboat before it rains later this afternoon, or maybe not.

Old 06-23-2013, 14:21   #751
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
I'm retired...I get to choose what I do. Today, I think maybe, maybe I'll go work on my sailboat before it rains later this afternoon, or maybe not.
I forked up retirement the first time...... I'm still working.

Retired from the military. Still serving veterans. I can sleep easy at night knowing I am doing good work.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 17:21   #752
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
I forked up retirement the first time...... I'm still working.

Retired from the military. Still serving veterans. I can sleep easy at night knowing I am doing good work.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:07   #753
RussP

Has anyone found any information about planned lawsuits against law enforcement, local elected government, state government, or federal agencies over the searches related to the Boston bombings?

Tags
arrogance of ignorance, brownshirts, jbterrific, no court needed, statists, the usual suspects