Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 22:13   #1
DSLAM
Member
 
DSLAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 32
Any pics of Glocks with foreign scripts engraved?

I was thinking about having one of my Glocks have some engraving work done on the slide. I'm wondering what some foreign, non-Roman alphabet based, stuff looks like.
Any body have pictures of slides with Chinese or Arabic or some other lettering?
__________________
"The reason you wouldn't want to burn the flag, is because you can." --Me
"The Law is Reason free from Passion" --Aristotle
DSLAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 23:09   #2
NCHeel
Senior Member
 
NCHeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlotte N.C.
Posts: 460
PRISM is that you?
__________________
Gen4 G17, G19, G26. Love the Gen4's.

Glock and S&W M&P Certified Armorer
NRA certified RSO
NRA Instructor for pistol, rifle, shotgun & PPIH and PPOH
NCHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 23:50   #3
Inebriated
Senior Member
 
Inebriated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLAM View Post
I was thinking about having one of my Glocks have some engraving work done on the slide. I'm wondering what some foreign, non-Roman alphabet based, stuff looks like.
Any body have pictures of slides with Chinese or Arabic or some other lettering?
No, but I could probably photoshop one for you.

Quick job.
General Glocking
__________________
Kalashnikov Klub Member #870
Black Rifle Club Member #2L8
The 21 Club Member #19691

Last edited by Inebriated; 06-13-2013 at 01:22..
Inebriated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:56   #4
DSLAM
Member
 
DSLAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
No, but I could probably photoshop one for you.

Quick job.
That looks pretty cool. I thought "Glock" in Chinese 格洛克 would look good too.
__________________
"The reason you wouldn't want to burn the flag, is because you can." --Me
"The Law is Reason free from Passion" --Aristotle
DSLAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:26   #5
Inebriated
Senior Member
 
Inebriated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,058
I personally like the Arabic, but I've always liked the way Arabic writing looks. (see sig lol)

General Glocking
__________________
Kalashnikov Klub Member #870
Black Rifle Club Member #2L8
The 21 Club Member #19691
Inebriated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:29   #6
WayneJessie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLAM View Post
I was thinking about having one of my Glocks have some engraving work done on the slide. I'm wondering what some foreign, non-Roman alphabet based, stuff looks like.
Any body have pictures of slides with Chinese or Arabic or some other lettering?
Are you planning on having it re-finished afterwards?
__________________
I'd own a Glock; were it not for Glock owners.
WayneJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:03   #7
DSLAM
Member
 
DSLAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
I personally like the Arabic, but I've always liked the way Arabic writing looks. (see sig lol)
Haha "glockanese" that's cool. I'm saving that picture, thanks. Yeah Arabic is a very pretty script as well.
__________________
"The reason you wouldn't want to burn the flag, is because you can." --Me
"The Law is Reason free from Passion" --Aristotle
DSLAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:04   #8
DSLAM
Member
 
DSLAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneJessie View Post
Are you planning on having it re-finished afterwards?
Yes, I suppose I would. I'm trying to figure what that would entail, how much it would cost and see if it's worth the trouble.
__________________
"The reason you wouldn't want to burn the flag, is because you can." --Me
"The Law is Reason free from Passion" --Aristotle
DSLAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:31   #9
Inebriated
Senior Member
 
Inebriated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLAM View Post
Haha "glockanese" that's cool. I'm saving that picture, thanks. Yeah Arabic is a very pretty script as well.
I thought it was a nice, subtle touch lol.
__________________
Kalashnikov Klub Member #870
Black Rifle Club Member #2L8
The 21 Club Member #19691
Inebriated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:31   #10
mongo356
Senior Member
 
mongo356's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: IL
Posts: 877
I would like one with some of the writing from the "Transformers" movie, & maybe add a backplate with a Autobots symbol......


Sorry some of my inner Geek was showing.....it's better now.

Last edited by mongo356; 06-13-2013 at 12:33..
mongo356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 14:28   #11
DSLAM
Member
 
DSLAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo356 View Post
I would like one with some of the writing from the "Transformers" movie, & maybe add a backplate with a Autobots symbol......


Sorry some of my inner Geek was showing.....it's better now.
Cybertronian writing, that would be cool too.
__________________
"The reason you wouldn't want to burn the flag, is because you can." --Me
"The Law is Reason free from Passion" --Aristotle
DSLAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 14:36   #12
WayneJessie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLAM View Post
Yes, I suppose I would. I'm trying to figure what that would entail, how much it would cost and see if it's worth the trouble.
I spoke with one of the best in the business when it comes to deep laser engraving and he said rust would be a major problem if my Glock was not refinished after the engraving. I tend to agree since the slide's protection would be compromised. I'm still considering having it done but have not settled on the nickel/boron plating yet.
__________________
I'd own a Glock; were it not for Glock owners.
WayneJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 14:44   #13
DSLAM
Member
 
DSLAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneJessie View Post
I spoke with one of the best in the business when it comes to deep laser engraving and he said rust would be a major problem if my Glock was not refinished after the engraving. I tend to agree since the slide's protection would be compromised. I'm still considering having it done but have not settled on the nickel/boron plating yet.
How much does he charge for the engraving?
And where would you get it refinished afterwards?
__________________
"The reason you wouldn't want to burn the flag, is because you can." --Me
"The Law is Reason free from Passion" --Aristotle
DSLAM is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply


Tags
engraving, foreign
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:07.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 655
221 Members
434 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31