SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-10-2013, 18:41   #26
og23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyparson View Post
You know what's funny. I was just reading a thread on m4carbine forum and a lot of guys were saying the same thing about Spikes. All Manufactures have some type of problems somewhere down the road with their parts.
from the few threads I have read on m4carbine it looks like they hate spikes as a company, not their products. maybe I havent read enough, but they sure do hate them some spikes over there.
og23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 20:18   #27
glock031

Quote:
You know what's funny. I was just reading a thread on m4carbine forum and a lot of guys were saying the same thing about Spikes. All Manufactures have some type of problems somewhere down the road with their parts.
M4carbine is owned by BCM and Grant (talk about conflict of interest). Of course they hate Spikes cause they are doing the exact same thing as BCM is doing- reverse engineering Colt.. They are the competition. Then PSA came along doing the exact same thing at a lower cost. They really hate PSA and been trying to ruin them ever since they started. IMO the only difference between BCM, Spikes and PSA is price and logos.. But BCM has more fanboys here and on M4C and a network spread out like a mod and photographer over at ar15..

Last edited by glock031; 06-10-2013 at 20:24..
glock031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 20:33   #28
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Never have cared for Spikes much.
BCM is great quality and outstanding customer service.
I can not see how the heJJ you can even THINK PSA is an equal to BCM.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 20:34   #29
larson1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock031 View Post
IMO the only difference between BCM, Spikes and PSA is price and logos..
Uhhh....no. Customer service alone puts BCM light years ahead of PSA. And before you call me a fanboy, I own two PSA rifles and zero BCMs.
larson1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 20:38   #30
og23

From what I have seen here there are a lot of BCM supporters on GT as well. M4 being owned by BCM is comical though.

I bought in and got a BCM barrel for about 50$ more than a few similar ones out there. I am sure I won't be disappointed, but I'm also not sure I will ever know the difference.

I did not however, spring an extra 100$ for a BCM BCG. If my spikes ever ****s the bed then I will have learned my lesson.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Black Rifle Club #119
og23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 21:11   #31
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
M4carbine is owned by BCM and Grant (talk about conflict of interest). Of course they hate Spikes cause they are doing the exact same thing as BCM is doing- reverse engineering Colt.. They are the competition. Then PSA came along doing the exact same thing at a lower cost. They really hate PSA and been trying to ruin them ever since they started. IMO the only difference between BCM, Spikes and PSA is price and logos.. But BCM has more fanboys here and on M4C and a network spread out like a mod and photographer over at ar15..
PSA has done a pretty good job of ruining themselves with their less than stellar quality control and customer service.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:01   #32
bullittmcqueen
Gunfighter

Quote:
I would love to know where you came up with this fantasy from.
bullittmcqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:15   #33
sigman69

I have bought several items from them, no bolts or bolt carriers though, and there shipping times were good but that was before all the insanity hit. Never had a problem with their lower parts kits either...now DPMS..well lets say I would never own a thing from them again.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:54   #34
glock031

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullittmcqueen View Post
I would love to know where you came up with this fantasy from.
Just cause your not in the know doesn't make it a fantasy. Keep following.........

Originally posted by ar15 site staff

"If you mean M4carbine it's owned by GandR Tactical (Grant Timberlake) and Bravo Company (Paul Buffoni) and run by Grant 'kicked off arfkom" Timberlake and Paul 'I got kicked off Arfkom too" Hotaling. Grant obviously is a Bravo Co dealer and Paul works for Alias Training and Security, which I think is owned by Bravo Company."
Old 06-11-2013, 10:13   #35
mvician
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Just cause your not in the know doesn't make it a fantasy. Keep following.........

"If you mean M4carbine it's owned by GandR Tactical (Grant Timberlake) and Bravo Company (Paul Buffoni) and run by Grant 'kicked off arfkom" Timberlake and Paul 'I got kicked off Arfkom too" Hotaling. Grant obviously is a Bravo Co dealer and Paul works for Alias Training and Security, which I think is owned by Bravo Company."

and some where after the Aimless penguin posted that, he admitted to have been drinking....so how accurate is his statement/information?

and

Who really cares and what difference does it make if Grant and possibly Paul are the owners of M4C ???

other dealers sell BCM stuff....are they part of the secret society of M4C owners too?

Black Rifle Forum

Last edited by mvician; 06-11-2013 at 10:18..
mvician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:19   #36
bmoore

I don't care who owns M4carbine, G and R tactical, Palmetto state armory or anything else. I own a Palmetto rifle and a BCM. Both of my rifles are solid. I think you get more for your money with BCM not to mention their company is a pleasure to work with and thier workmanship is high end. Thats why I like doing business with them. I guess I am a fanboy, I like a quality product shipped to my door in 5-6 days after I lay down 550 bucks for it.

I used to wonder what all the fuss was about and kind of giggle when people recommended nothing but BCM. I ordered one and found out for myself what the hub bub was all about, they are rock solid rifles. I am not saying that PSA is complete junk, they certainly are not. Just one guys opinion.

Last edited by bmoore; 06-11-2013 at 10:25..
bmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:20   #37
Clusterfrack

Jeez. BCM doesn't need M4C to demonstrate that they provide top quality, battle grade gear for a reasonable price. I've seen it first hand.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:26   #38
TedG
Infidel USA

Decisions, decisions, decisions.......

Black Rifle Forum

Become an Organ Donor today: http://donatelife.net/register-now/ Save as many as 50 lives. Thanks.
TedG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:39   #39
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Old 06-11-2013, 17:47   #40
rockapede

Quote:

Well then, that settles it. This evidence is irrisputable.

-Edward Conlon
rockapede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 19:49   #41
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:

Barf com isn't exactly viewed as a "reputable" place to get all your information

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 20:49   #42
glock031

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
Barf com isn't exactly viewed as a "reputable" place to get all your information
It's public info. For those that care (not the regulars here) can easily varify the info to see its correct.
Old 06-11-2013, 21:50   #43
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

Quote:
I like Spikes always have. But every AR parts maker have bad parts every now and them. I also like 5.11 pants and plan on buying me a pair or two in about 20 years when I turn 60. Maybe I'll even buy a 5.11 vest. Lol!!
Most of them buy their parts from the same suppliers including Colt and BCM...

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 23:15   #44
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
It's public info. For those that care (not the regulars here) can easily varify the info to see its correct.

I wasn't talking about who owns what.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:32   #45
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post

Old 06-12-2013, 08:21   #46
Rick O'Shay

I've got a PSA M4 that runs slick as a whistle. One thing they do that most manufacturers do not, is to replace (without question) parts that the customer screwed up. They did that for me, while I waited in the store. So in my opinion, the customer service is superior.

They have sold ammo at "just above" pre-panic prices routinely. I make it a habit to plan my trips into Columbia around opening time at PSA, so I can grab some ammo at reasonable prices.

I certainly wouldn't toss them out on their ear just because they sold some BCG's from another manufacturer, which turned out to be out-of-spec. If we abandoned every company that made a business error, who would we be buying from?
Rick O'Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:37   #47
NickC50310

Send a message via AIM to NickC50310
Rick everyone knows that if you want to be the most elite ccw spec ops jsop seal beret operator you must only use bcm or colt! Everyone else is poo poo and the first time you fire any other ar it will blow up! Lmao!

Ps- I'm not knocking bcm or colt. Just making a joke.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
NickC50310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:24   #48
glock031

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC50310 View Post
Rick everyone knows that if you want to be the most elite ccw spec ops jsop seal beret operator you must only use bcm or colt! Everyone else is poo poo and the first time you fire any other ar it will blow up! Lmao!

Ps- I'm not knocking bcm or colt. Just making a joke.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
How true!

Post a question about what ar15 to buy for hunting coyotes. Reply buy a BCM middy. Post a question about a PSA product. Reply buy a BCM middy. Question about dedicated 22lr upper. Reply buy a BCM middy...
Old 06-12-2013, 09:32   #49
mvician
Lifetime Membership

someone asks "who owns M4C?".....quote a drunk penguin

Last edited by mvician; 06-12-2013 at 09:33..
mvician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:33   #50
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay View Post
I certainly wouldn't toss them out on their ear just because they sold some BCG's from another manufacturer, which turned out to be out-of-spec. If we abandoned every company that made a business error, who would we be buying from?
The misleading lies were the thing that turned me off. Do some research.
Damned if I will send my hard earned dollars to a company that denies
the materials of their products, then eventually claims that the parts are from a vendor.

Be a man, take ownership of the eF up and own up to it! They did not do that.