Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:47   #1
Liquid Sword

Remember

I attempted to post this in what I think is the "correct" area, but the subject is of a timely nature, and if the thread could be moved to "politics," that would be fantastic. For whatever reason (I have over 20 posts), I cannot access certain areas.

69 years and about ten hours ago, thousands of men stormed a beach in northern France. Some of them parachuted in behind enemy lines to take out high-risk targets like artillery so that they could not be used to pummel the main force. The main force faced obstacles designed to wreck boats at high tide, so they landed at low tide, creating another 100 yards of machine-gun littered sand they had to cross before there could be any semblance of safety for them. Many died before they left their boats, but all of them knew that this task was beyond a shadow of doubt, just, good, and necessary.

Now, the military honors its servicemen by fragging, framing, and lying to the families of veterans while the Commander-in-Chief receives peace prizes. They are put on "suspect" lists. They are sent away to die not to rid the world of tyranny, but to spread it everywhere, so that many more generations both domestic and foreign must die, lose loved ones, and exist in a general living hell, all so that certain people in high positions in government/business (synonymous terms) can profit. They stage false-flag operations, cover up scandals, stifle freedom of the press, and more. I learned not to speak for anyone, but my $0.02 says that my grandfathers who helped to liberate the world from true evil would be absolutely disgusted at what's being done in the name of the country they fought, killed, and were shot for.

This D-Day, I encourage anyone who is ill-informed of our beloved United States' current policies to wake UP! To change things, one must know what needs to be changed. Remember the sacrifice of D-Day.
Liquid Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 13:08   #2
FullClip
CLM Number 171
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Sword View Post
...........................................................................I learned not to speak for anyone, but my $0.02 says that my grandfathers who helped to liberate the world from true evil would be absolutely disgusted at what's being done in the name of the country they fought, killed, and were shot for.
.[/B]

Guess you're a young feller...it was my father's generation who braved the beeches (my father was on the other side of the world in the Philippines at the time)

But yes....think a few hundred years from now that this will be a small section in the history books, noted along with the Spartans of ancient Greece and called the high point of American history.

I can't imagine the bravery of those jumping down from the landing craft into freezing water of unknown depth and then charging up the beech into enemy fire.

Think we peaked about as a civilization about 66 years and 12 hours ago. Including my own chicken-****e type. I admire the courage they had, but I think I would fail to reproduce it, and fail miserably.

God Bless those men who gave everything, and God Bless those who were ready to give everything and did nor flinch in the face of death for our freedom.

Tags
freedom, liberty, truth