SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:45   #21
LEOson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocktalk1723 View Post
Stlsailor, How does the 26 handle? I have the 17 and the 23. 23 fits my hand like a GLOVE! Its awesome. I have not got a chance to shoot a 26 or 27 yet though.
The 26/27 line are fantastic little guns. They are every bit as good as the compacts and full size guns. Great conceal carry guns. I've got a Pierce grip extension on mine and I shoot it every bit as well, if not better than my dads full size glocks.

Last edited by LEOson; 04-11-2013 at 10:45..
LEOson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:47   #22
LEOson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlbrian View Post
In a word "Empty" Stock is pretty light.

Top Gun in Arnold has 1/2 empty cases, no target handgun ammo to take ( they have some to sell you if you are shooting in their range). They do have some self defense ammo, but the pickings are slim. Denny Dennis had a pretty decent selection of ammo when I was there ( they actually had .38 target ammo....), but maybe 10 handguns in their case. Cabela's did not have a single pistol round, self defense or target, in stock when I was there 2 weeks ago,but had a pretty good selection of handguns. Mid America arms is hit or miss on ammo, but has a much better selection of handguns.

Most places around here have not been raising their prices on handguns. When I have seen Glocks they have been high 500 low 600 range which has been pretty typical for retail around here.

Gun shows around here are basically a joke. 20-25 per 50 for 9mm is the norm, which is a travesty. I saw .40 for as high as 35 per 50 recently, and laughed at the guy. Most of the guns at the shows are equally overpriced, but every once in a while you can find someone who is willing to deal. My buddy picked up a used gen 4 g21 with all 3 magazines for 475, the guy had it marked at 599.....

I have had better luck finding ammo online, at sites like gunbot, or ammoseek. Waiting for the craze to pass before I think about another new pistol......
Cabela's is really hit or miss with their ammo. I snagged some PMC 40 this morning. It's all about timing. Found 100 rounds of Winchester white box 40 at bass pro two or three weeks ago for 35

Last edited by LEOson; 04-11-2013 at 10:48..
Old 06-02-2013, 15:25   #23
Hej Hej

St. Louis area here..........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

G19 Gen4; Llama .22LR; Astra .380 ACP
Hej Hej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 15:26   #24
Hej Hej

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOson View Post
Florissant for me. Any Hazelwood GTers here? Hazelwood got hammered with a tornado last night. Drove by this morning and its bad. There's homes that are just completely destroyed.
Do you ever make it out to Ultimate Defense in St. Peters???

Old 06-02-2013, 15:41   #25
F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocktalk1723 View Post
I guess glocks don't fit everyone's hands lol. I'm about an hour and a half south of STL. I've been up there quite a bit though. Been too a few gun shops up there that seemed reasonably priced, but I have not been up there since the craze hit. How are the shops up there now?
I spent about 10 years in the Cape Girardeau area, had 100 acres on top of the ridge between Delta and Advance.
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 16:52   #26
LEOson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hej Hej View Post
Do you ever make it out to Ultimate Defense in St. Peters???
I haven't yet. I probably will at some point. One of my buddies says it's pretty expensive. I usually stick to the conservation ranges.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:40   #27
ihcfarm
NRA Member

Southwest Missouri here.
G26 Gen3
G27 Gen 3
ihcfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 20:08   #28
moglk47

In Piedmont,about 2 hours south of St.Louis.
moglk47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 22:03   #29
BillyGlock

Jcmo

Mid-MO
Jeff City

USC

"Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol." - TLJ
BillyGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 19:48   #30
johnv56

O'Fallon/Dardenne Prairie here. Usually shoot at Ultimate Defense in St. Peters. Proud owner of a G22 and G27 fde.
johnv56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 19:59   #31
Hej Hej

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnv56 View Post
O'Fallon/Dardenne Prairie here. Usually shoot at Ultimate Defense in St. Peters. Proud owner of a G22 and G27 fde.
Great!!! We are neighbors.....I frequent UD too. Hope to spend more time when they get my G19 in.....just received my coupon through the GSSF. Maybe we can meet up some time....

Old 07-07-2013, 19:34   #32
MoCop

St. Charles area here.
Old 07-07-2013, 19:50   #33
Hej Hej

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoCop View Post
St. Charles area here.
Nice!!! I work in Wentzville and my son's family lives in O'Fallon.

Old 07-07-2013, 19:52   #34
Hej Hej

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnv56 View Post
Great place....we should start a Glock Club
here in town....

Old 07-10-2013, 16:39   #35
mnotlyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Faux King View Post
Kansas City, Missouri here. Usually shoot at the Show-Me Shooters indoor range. Of course just like y'all I can't find any ammo either. Can't ever time the shipments right at Wal-Mart or Sports Authority... Always a day late and a dollar short!
I'm just north of Kansas City. I buy most of my guns at Show Me Shooters. I've shot at the range there a few times, but mostly shoot in my back yard.
mnotlyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 16:45   #36
Webley Green

South KC here, I agree, Show-me-shooters usually has a good supply of glocks. Nice shooting range there as well. Good folks, reasonable to deal with. There is pin-shooting on Thursday evening.
Webley Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 16:50   #37
LEOson

Question for the guys and gals that go to Ultimate Defense. How are their prices for range time?
Old 07-21-2013, 17:59   #38
Hej Hej

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOson View Post
Question for the guys and gals that go to Ultimate Defense. How are their prices for range time?
They have different levels of participation. Anyone can go for $20.00/hour. You should check it out! (A new range is being built in Wentzville on the south service road.....)

www.udrange.com

Last edited by Hej Hej; 07-21-2013 at 18:01..
Old 07-21-2013, 22:27   #39
Kcolg

SW Missouri.
Old 08-11-2013, 19:26   #40
Jarhead247
Bitter & Clingy

Kansas City, Clay County. Show Me Shooters is where I usually shoot indoors, a buddies farm for out door & rifle shooting.
Jarhead247 is offline   Reply With Quote