GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 23:22   #226
The Fist Of Goodness
Senior Member
 
The Fist Of Goodness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Falling into Crime's Dinner Party.
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
They make more money that way.

If a few simple sentences could have preserved evidence or witnesses and kept you out of jail how is he going to bill more hours trying to undo the damage?
Why CAcop! These attorneys are Officers of the Court!!!!

Bastions of integrity!

Oh the humanity! How could you say it is simply about money?

Next you'll tell us that defense attorneys plead out their clients after the retainer is gone.
The Fist Of Goodness is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 23:27   #227
CAcop
Senior Member
 
CAcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 21,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
And *again*, because some people are (intentionally?) misrepresenting things, no one is suggesting that you you write a book. "That guy there tried to ____ me with that _____ over there. His partner ran that way. Those guys saw it."
This is pretty much what I need to hear to begin to think of someone as being a victim rather than a suspect.

Remember your attacker may very well be alive and talking. He may be giving a completely different account. You may be lucky and have witnesses come forward. You may be lucky in that the suspect is obviously a suspect. You may be lucky in that the suspect didn't ditch the gun/knife/whatever while fleeing because he claims you were trying to kill him.

There are times where it might be very easy to hand the first officer on scene a card from your wallet and it would cause you any problems.

At our department we call it a "public safety statement." realistically we should call it an "officer and public safety statement."

A big thing to remember is that the vast majority of murders occur where the victim knows the suspect. Someone pointed out a few scenarios earlier in the thread. I knew a guy who got hit in the head with a tire iron by his girlfriend's ex. Had he shot the suspect, if still talking, could have said he was defending himself when the new BF pulled a gun on him for no reason.

Your life. Do what you want. Just don't post your tale of woe should things not turn out for you like you though it would. I am perfectly happy telling people "I told you so" when I told them so.
__________________
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 23:54   #228
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka
 
Sharky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
I find the fact that some LEOs here seem to think that invoking one's right to counsel is somehow confirming culpability truly worrisome. All the more reason to say as little as possible until counsel arrives.

And just a side note, my father who is a retired LEO with five OISs during his career uses the same law firm and carries the same "laminated card" that I do.
Read ray9898's posts from the previous page regarding justified homicide.
Sharky7 is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 23:55   #229
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka
 
Sharky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,097
Quite a few guys who came in late, posting before reading. A thread worth posting in is a thread worth reading first.
Sharky7 is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 23:57   #230
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka
 
Sharky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
The Okie Corral
I made the real life gesture and cracked a smile when I saw you posted this.

Next time I smell alcohol, I must be a human breathalyzer.
Sharky7 is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 00:47   #231
DanaT
Pharaoh
 
DanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CO & Baden –Württemberg
Posts: 15,822
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
If you have a gram of weed under your seat I can probably smell it. Now I have probably clause.
What a bafoon. You now think you have a nose like a dog?

Basic math principles apply here one GRAM is 1/28th of an ounce. And then you claim you can smell it from 4 to 8 feet away.

If anything what you are smelling if what ever you were smoking right before you made such a statement.

Right on super trooper. You wear a big red "s" on your t-shirt?
__________________
Quote:
Twice a week? 14 times a month?
Quote:
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 01:09   #232
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,569
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
What a bafoon. You now think you have a nose like a dog?

Basic math principles apply here one GRAM is 1/28th of an ounce. And then you claim you can smell it from 4 to 8 feet away.

If anything what you are smelling if what ever you were smoking right before you made such a statement.

Right on super trooper. You wear a big red "s" on your t-shirt?
The Okie Corral

Keep talking out of your south side.

A person with real intellect would be more than embarrassed by now.
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 01:35   #233
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
What a bafoon. You now think you have a nose like a dog?

Basic math principles apply here one GRAM is 1/28th of an ounce. And then you claim you can smell it from 4 to 8 feet away.

If anything what you are smelling if what ever you were smoking right before you made such a statement.

Right on super trooper. You wear a big red "s" on your t-shirt?

It makes it even more humorous when you know you don't know what you're talking about but you say it anyway...anything to go after me personally, right?

It was in the driver's jeans pocket and it was about .4 of a gram.

The last one I had the guy had 2 or so grams in the breast pocket of his jacket. It stunk up the whole security room of a large department store.


I fail to see how basic math applies to my olfactory senses, but I digress.

Once again, the courts have agreed with me: plain smell. Very simple report too; upon making contact with the driver/pedestrian/arrestee I detected the distinct odor of raw/burnt marijuana and a subsequent probable cause search revealed.....

It's just weed, man...

Your move.
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Ohio Copper; 05-31-2013 at 01:37..
Ohio Copper is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 01:44   #234
DanaT
Pharaoh
 
DanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CO & Baden –Württemberg
Posts: 15,822
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
The Okie Corral

Keep talking out of your south side.

A person with real intellect would be more than embarrassed by now.
Again, you aren't smelling that from 8 feet away under a seat. Moreover, it's probably in a bag. Most people who smoke weed don't just have it loose and spread out.

1 gram will be between 1 and 2 ccs of volume depending on moisture content.

And no matter what kind of a scale you want to show it is still 1/28 of an ounce.
__________________
Quote:
Twice a week? 14 times a month?
Quote:
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 01:46   #235
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
Again, you aren't smelling that from 8 feet away under a seat. Moreover, it's probably in a bag. Most people who smoke weed don't just have it loose and spread out.

1 gram will be between 1 and 2 ccs of volume depending on moisture content.

And no matter what kind of a scale you want to show it is still 1/28 of an ounce.


__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Ohio Copper is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 01:58   #236
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,569
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
Again, you aren't smelling that from 8 feet away under a seat. Moreover, it's probably in a bag. Most people who smoke weed don't just have it loose and spread out.

1 gram will be between 1 and 2 ccs of volume depending on moisture content.

And no matter what kind of a scale you want to show it is still 1/28 of an ounce.
An instance of honesty would go a long way.
Admit for once you don't really know what you are talking about.
Knowing the weight of an item has nothing to do with the odor of an item..

Real world experience vs. agenda based posting fueled by the arrogance of ignorance.


Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 02:02   #237
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
An instance of honesty would go a long way.
Admit for once you don't really know what you are talking about.
Knowing the weight of an item has nothing to do with the odor of an item..

Real world experience vs. agenda based posting fueled by the arrogance of ignorance.


Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Next post will probably be that we likely can smell it but it is 'wrong' that we conduct a search based on such.....
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Ohio Copper; 05-31-2013 at 02:02..
Ohio Copper is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 03:36   #238
DanaT
Pharaoh
 
DanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CO & Baden –Württemberg
Posts: 15,822
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
An instance of honesty would go a long way.
Admit for once you don't really know what you are talking about.
Knowing the weight of an item has nothing to do with the odor of an item..

Real world experience vs. agenda based posting fueled by the arrogance of ignorance.


Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
You have about the biggest agenda of anyone. It is clear as day.

$100 that I can put one gram of acetic acid out (which has a mush much much stronger smell than MJ..and we wouldnt want to use an illegal substance) where in an 400 square foot area that is hidden under something and you can only walk around and use your sniffer to find it and do so within 60 seconds. You cant do it, but prove me wrong and take my money.

If your sniffers are truly that good, you can find it no problem.
__________________
Quote:
Twice a week? 14 times a month?
Quote:
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 03:38   #239
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
You have about the biggest agenda of anyone. It is clear as day.

$100 that I can put one gram of acetic acid out (which has a mush much much stronger smell than MJ..and we wouldnt want to use an illegal substance) where in an 400 square foot area that is hidden under something and you can only walk around and use your sniffer to find it and do so within 60 seconds. You cant do it, but prove me wrong and take my money.

If your sniffers are truly that good, you can find it no problem.



Predictable.
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Ohio Copper is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 04:07   #240
glock1911revolver
Vice-Emperor
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: State
Posts: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
Quite a few guys who came in late, posting before reading. A thread worth posting in is a thread worth reading first.

Sig line material.
__________________
I POOPED TODAY.
glock1911revolver is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 04:17   #241
glock1911revolver
Vice-Emperor
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: State
Posts: 464
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post in this thread, because I'm not a cop, but I'm not here to cop-bash either.

I want to tell you LEOs who are contributing to this thread that you have articulated your points just fine. Please remember that just because the cop-bashers are the loudest, it doesn't mean they are the majority.
__________________
I POOPED TODAY.
glock1911revolver is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 04:33   #242
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!
 
wprebeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In a swamp, if I'm lucky
Posts: 8,438
Isn't it cute when someone tries to play expert on a subject they know nothing about? Stick to bragging about Switzerland, your vast car collection, and your wealth - those would be your themes on various fora.

You know ****-all about drugs ....
wprebeck is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 04:34   #243
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!
 
wprebeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In a swamp, if I'm lucky
Posts: 8,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock1911revolver View Post
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post in this thread, because I'm not a cop, but I'm not here to cop-bash either.

I want to tell you LEOs who are contributing to this thread that you have articulated your points just fine. Please remember that just because the cop-bashers are the loudest, it doesn't mean they are the majority.
That's nice of you to say. Thanks.
wprebeck is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 04:38   #244
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!
 
wprebeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In a swamp, if I'm lucky
Posts: 8,438
For all you legal experts out there - what does it take for you to be released from jail? I'm not talking about interviewed at the police station, or some such nonsense. I'm talking jail - you're locked up.

I wanna know what the experts who think they'll spent a "night"in jail have to say...then, I'll post what really happens.
wprebeck is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 04:39   #245
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
For all you legal experts out there - what does it take for you to be released from jail? I'm not talking about interviewed at the police station, or some such nonsense. I'm talking jail - you're locked up.

I wanna know what the experts who think they'll spent a "night"in jail have to say...then, I'll post what really happens.



I've seen a lot of Law and Order nonsense on here..
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Ohio Copper is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 04:42   #246
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
What a bafoon. You now think you have a nose like a dog?

Basic math principles apply here one GRAM is 1/28th of an ounce. And then you claim you can smell it from 4 to 8 feet away.

If anything what you are smelling if what ever you were smoking right before you made such a statement.

Right on super trooper. You wear a big red "s" on your t-shirt?
Could buffoon be the word you were thinking of? Basic spelling principles apply here.

Irony must have a ferrous metal content, I find myself suddenly magnetically attracted to this thread, I may have to read this from the beginning.

Randy



posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
steveksux is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 05:36   #247
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,337


Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
They make more money that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Q. Does your lawyer stand to make more, or make less if you are arrested?
That's not how this program works. It's a flat retainer that completely covers my legal defense in the event of a self defense shooting. They make their money by collecting their retainer from many clients knowing that most will never need their services.

So, there is no profit motive for them in me getting arrested.
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is online now  
Old 05-31-2013, 05:44   #248
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,337


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
Read ray9898's posts from the previous page regarding justified homicide.
Why should I take the advice of someone on the internet over the advice of my attorney and the advice of my father who is a retired LEO with five officer involved shootings during his career?

My advice for everyone here that has a CHL, stop playing internet lawyer and go talk to a real defense attorney. Prearrange your legal defense so you aren't scrambling to figure out what to do during one of the most difficult times of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
I've seen a lot of Law and Order nonsense on here..
On both sides.
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."

Last edited by Geko45; 05-31-2013 at 07:15..
Geko45 is online now  
Old 05-31-2013, 07:16   #249
Baba Louie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 3,210
Quote:
My advice for everyone here that has a CHL, stop playing internet lawyer and go talk to a real defense attorney. Prearrange your legal defense so you aren't scrambling to figure out what to do during one of the most difficult times of your life.
Geko, this nonsense you post... total thread killer, ya know?
These are always interesting threads to read.

Ride wid da law, not agin it. Keep your mouth closed for the most part. Listen to your attorney and his/her advice... beforehand. Listen to the coppers and their advice... beforehand.

Pray to the Good Lord, you never have to "go there".
__________________
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Baba Louie is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 07:24   #250
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!
 
wprebeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In a swamp, if I'm lucky
Posts: 8,438
Geno - try sticking to things you have firsthand knowledge of. Eve think that we, the folks who do this for a living, might know more than you - the folks who don't? I know that conventional wisdom in GNG holds otherwise, but really...
wprebeck is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 15:53.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,222
394 Members
828 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42