SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2013, 14:54   #1
Airborne Infantryman
Hated .GOV Goon

Picked up a new suppressor host today......

Finally home on leave from Korea, and you know what that means...........time to buy myself a new toy.

I found a Walther PPX SD at my local shop for $499. Needless to say, I was skeptical at first, as the reviews I read said it feels top-heavy. They're somewhat right.......but beings I have suppressors, I have no intentions of firing this without my can.

My Silencerco 45 Osprey balances out the PPX SD almost PERFECTLY, and the slide of the PPX matches the lines of the Osprey almost like they were made for each other. The lo-profile sights are flush with the top of the suppressor, which means no need to get suppressor sights, as Walthers require a 6 o'clock hold if I remember correctly.

The PPX is a hammer-fired gun, however, you'd never think that; the trigger feels lighter than my Glock 19, and is smooth, with just a tad bit of take-up. Think of it as being very similar to H&K's LEM trigger.

Speaking of H&K.......the PPX looks like it'd be uncomfortable in the hand, however, it feels VERY similar to the P30S that I used to have. It feels great, and I have medium sized hands.

The PPX SD came with a thread protector for its threaded barrel, and two 16-round mags, which is nice being's Sig (my other choice before I saw the PPX SD) is only shipping guns with one mag as of late.

I plan on taking it to the range this coming weekend, and should be able to give you guys more in-depth impressions. Until then, I like what I see so far.

Of course, this thread would be worthless without pics-

The Walther PPX SD comes standard with a 1/2x28 threaded barrel, which is awesome, beings that thread pattern is most common for 9mm pistols in the U.S.

General Firearms Forum

The lines of the slide very closely match the lines and contours of the PPX; almost as if they're made for each other.

General Firearms Forum

Photo from another angle; sitting on top of my Oakley "Tool Pouch"

General Firearms Forum

At first, I was concerned I might have to get Silencerco's 1/2x28 XL Piston, however, the Osprey clears the frame with room to spare......about 1/4 of an inch.

General Firearms Forum
Airborne Infantryman is offline   Reply With Quote