Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:19   #1
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Do you believe in the "magic bullet theory"

So I was bored, and was watching "JFK" (a movie I've always enjoyed)...

While I don't agree w/ everything in the movie, and I don't even think they portrayed the "magic bullet" accurately. I still think the "single bullet" theory is absolutely ridiculous and there was more than 1 shooter out there (thus, a conspiracy)

Thoughts?

IGF
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:38   #2
faceplant

Why do you think it is ridiculous that a bullet can pass through two humans?
faceplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:44   #3
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

can't find, but watch penn and teller on it.

They did a great job on explaining why his head flew back, and the position JFK was sitting in, which no conspiracy theorist seems to mention.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:46   #4
Atlas
transmogrifier

My thoughts:

This is GT...
There are no conspiracies.. Ever. Anywhere.

If you believe in even the mere possibility of any conspiracy anywhere, on any scale, from the White House to your local PTA, then you are a paranoid nut who wears hats and underwear made of aluminum foil and you probably live in your parents' basement.

It has been carefully explained here many times that there are no secrets anywhere within the government, ever, anywhere, as proven by the fact that Bill Clinton was caught with his pants down in collusion with a certain White House intern.

Everything is exactly as it seems.
Move along, go about your business... nothing to see here..

(notice, I'm speaking in general, not pertaining specifically to the assassination of JFK, about which I have no opinion )

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY

Last edited by Atlas; 05-02-2013 at 07:06..
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:51   #5
686Owner
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
My thoughts:

This is GT...

If you believe in even the mere possibility of any conspiracy anywhere, on any scale, from the White House to your local PTA, then you are a paranoid nut who wears hats made of aluminum foil and you probably live in your parents' basement.

Weird. I see/hear more conspiracy theories here than anywhere in real life.

The Okie Corral
Old 05-02-2013, 06:52   #6
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by faceplant View Post
Why do you think it is ridiculous that a bullet can pass through two humans?
I don't think it's ridiculous that a bullet can pass through two people. If you watch the Zapruder film closely, you see that when Kennedy is holding hi neck (which is supposedly the magic bullet)... Connelly has clearly not been hit. That is one aspect of the film I agree with.

IGF
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:53   #7
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 686Owner View Post
Weird. I see/hear more conspiracy theories here than anywhere in real life.

The Okie Corral

NO! it couldn't have happened like that!

All the conspiracy nuts tell me people sit up straight and looking forward ONLY 100% of the time when they're in vehicles..... It was the magic boolet I tell you!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:54   #8
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
I don't think it's ridiculous that a bullet can pass through two people. If you watch the Zapruder film closely, you see that when Kennedy is holding hi neck (which is supposedly the magic bullet)... Connelly has clearly not been hit. That is one aspect of the film I agree with.

IGF

How can you tell if he had not been hit? You should know different people react differently to GSWs
Old 05-02-2013, 06:59   #9
Brucev

Bullets do odd things after leaving the muzzle and hitting a target. The track of a bullet can often be very surprising. The MBT is lauded by conspiracy theorists who for various reasons are unable to accept the idea that Oswald fired three shots killing JFK and wounding Connally. Their arguments are not persuasive.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:03   #10
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

I believe JFK was shot.
I believe Oswald shot him.
I believe the rest is up to the law enforcement agencies and all the other hot air and gum flapping about it is about as relevant as the price of tea in China.
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:06   #11
MtBaldy
Obie Wan, RIP

There was no "magic" bullet. When all factors are taken into account the bullet merely followed the laws of physics. As all bullets do.

Edit to add:

At one time I tried to believe in a multiple shooter conspiracy the more I learned the more it became obvious Lee Harvey Oswald was the single shooter firing from the sixth floor of the Book Depository. You can still try and create a conspiracy to put him in that place, at that time, to commit the act he did but there's little room to dispute what he did. I still have UFOs and Bigfoot though.

Last edited by MtBaldy; 05-04-2013 at 20:58..
MtBaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:16   #12
kiole

The magic bullet wasn't very magic when you take into account the seating arrangements. The jump seat in front of JFK was slightly inward and lower then the position JFK was at. Then also connally was sitting twisted in order to look out the door.

The problem is the magic bullet theorist don't take into account the actual jump seat location which makes the magic bullet in actuality act like a normal bullet.

I was convinced it was a conspiracy until I actually got into firearms and realized it wasnt a difficult shot. Also Natgeo reconstructed the shooting and replicated it almost exactly with the same rifle and ammo Oswald used.

Could there have been more people involved? Absolutely. Was the shot which hit JFK and Connally impossible? No, not when you take into account the actual seating locations.
kiole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:17   #13
byf43
NRA Life Member

I am of the opinion that there was more than one shooter.

I am also of the opinion that the 'magic bullet' was placed where it was found.
There is NO 'magic bullet'. "Ain't no magic to it."

Also, I was just a kid (9 years old) when President Kennedy was killed.

Also, I am of the opinion that J. Edgar Hoover knew what was happening BEFORE it happened.

"Live Free. Practice democracy. Make a difference. Love your family and your country." H.N.K. (My Dad) 09/02/1924 - 05/11/2012
byf43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:18   #14
G26S239
NRA Patron

The very best way to carry out secret conspiracies and keep the details secret is to get several hundreds or thousands of people involved. This is true whether you wish to plant millions of microspheres in the WTC buildings, fake a moon landing, have space aliens do anal probes or kill a sitting President.

Last edited by G26S239; 05-02-2013 at 07:19..
G26S239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:21   #15
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by byf43 View Post

Also, I am of the opinion that J. Edgar Hoover knew what was happening BEFORE it happened.

Do you have any facts to back up this opinion?
Old 05-02-2013, 07:22   #16
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by G26S239 View Post
The very best way to carry out secret conspiracies and keep the details secret is to get several hundreds or thousands of people involved. This is true whether you wish to plant millions of microspheres in the WTC buildings, fake a moon landing, have space aliens do anal probes or kill a sitting President.
Exactly.

Something the conspiracy theorists will never understand.... 2 people have a hard time keeping a secret, but 10, 20, or even hundreds or people!?
Old 05-02-2013, 07:34   #17
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

I just get a kick out of anyone who thinks the Fed Gov can keep a secret of any sort for more than a day or two. Holy cow, people would be tripping all over themselves to get on 60 minutes to talk about corruption if most of the conspiracies actually happened.
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:41   #18
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
My thoughts:

This is GT...

If you believe in even the mere possibility of any conspiracy anywhere, on any scale, from the White House to your local PTA, then you are a paranoid nut who wears hats and underwear made of aluminum foil and you probably live in your parents' basement.

It has been carefully explained here many times that there are no secrets anywhere within the government, ever, anywhere, as proven by the fact that Bill Clinton was caught with his pants down in collusion with a certain White House intern.

Everything is exactly as it seems.
Move along, go about your business... nothing to see here..

(notice, I'm speaking in general, not pertaining specifically to the assassination of JFK, about which I have no opinion )

Does your employer pay for your work clothes????

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrGlock View Post
I just get a kick out of anyone who thinks the Fed Gov can keep a secret of any sort for more than a day or two. Holy cow, people would be tripping all over themselves to get on 60 minutes to talk about corruption if most of the conspiracies actually happened.
Yup. Although the odd thing about this one, and the Boston bombing, and others - is the coincidence of capture. Why did Oswald kill the police officer 45 min later? And then caught in a theater acting "suspiciously." How did we ever find these two Chechens based on some bizarre 7/11 footage??? Why did they shoot at police, kill and maim spectators but let the SUV driver live????

Strange stuff indeed. Not a conspiracy, but the coincidence of capture is fascinating to me.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:44   #19
Atlas
transmogrifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis in ma View Post
does your employer pay for your work clothes????

???

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:46   #20
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
???

Reference to Dana stating uniform codes and people boxing him in on LE versus ANY job having a paid-for uniform yesterday. You were very specific not to mention JFK but ALL conspiracies. LOL
Old 05-02-2013, 08:11   #21
ysr_racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byf43 View Post

You know what they say, opinions are like buttholes...
ysr_racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:16   #22
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
NO! it couldn't have happened like that!

All the conspiracy nuts tell me people sit up straight and looking forward ONLY 100% of the time when they're in vehicles..... It was the magic boolet I tell you!
The Texas governor was seated juxtaposed more to the right (~outside) of JFK's position. Serious cartoon fail.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:16   #23
byf43
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
You know what they say, opinions are like buttholes...
Absolutely!!!!

Most of 'em stink, too!
(As my dear old Dad would say, "I never promised you a rose garden.")

"Live Free. Practice democracy. Make a difference. Love your family and your country." H.N.K. (My Dad) 09/02/1924 - 05/11/2012
byf43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:22   #24
G-34

i heard on the radio once that the files on his assassination were sealed till 2039 and if it were to leak out during that time period or now it would totally DESTROY the government,

i dont know how true the bold part is, just what i heard

and if it is true, that means the government was in on it the entire time and dont want anyone to know,

what kind of secret about this could be so massive that it would destroy the government? (if it is true, again i dont know if it is)

"There is nothing so terrible as ignorance in motion.."
-Skyhook

Last edited by G-34; 05-02-2013 at 08:24..
G-34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:23   #25
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
The Texas governor was seated juxtaposed more to the right (~outside) of JFK's position. Serious cartoon fail.

Bring up the actual video/photos. They were not sitting the way conspiracy theorists make it out to be.