SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-06-2013, 21:40   #26
Vinz Clortho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omologato View Post
Here are my babies before I had real babies. My first car was that blue Pontiac GTO (thus my username), which then through a series of unforseeable events led to the rise of my 2008 Mitsubishi Evolution. Fastest time I ran in the 1320 in my goat was a 13.2 @ 103 and the evo bested it at 13.1 @ 105, before I started to add the goodies seen in the picture.
I love my cars, all of them. American, Asian, European, and of course, Australian.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
Congrats on that Evo X, I own the IX MR and I don't think I'd trade it for the world.
Vinz Clortho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:41   #27
essixx

My 2009 370Z

Car Forum
essixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 13:05   #28
Omologato

Beautiful. What suspension are you sitting on right now? Where did you find it and how much?

Omologato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 14:54   #29
BierGut

I've owned this since June 2011 -- by far the most fun car I've owned.
Safari Club International

Last edited by BierGut; 05-22-2013 at 16:30..
BierGut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 15:27   #30
6-b-kwik

here is my summer toy!!! owned it well over 10yrs

Car Forum
G20 gen 3 NS and 6inch GB and 9x25 dillion 6inch
G29 OD compensated 9x25 dillion
6-b-kwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 16:31   #31
jtull7
CLM Number 289
Pistolero

Car Forum

Every day I face Ogden, Utah, and pray that God might bless John Moses Browning.

Outpost Member #69 I collect and shoot many fine firearms. CCW: NM, CT, and NH. N5JHT. WFR. Former LEO. SAR. Bilateral trans-tibial amputee. Survivor of bubonic plague. Tough sum-*****.
jtull7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 16:46   #32
Vinz Clortho

Here's my baby, my 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR. I love this car.

Car Forum

Car Forum

Car Forum

Car Forum

Car Forum
Vinz Clortho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 00:18   #33
essixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omologato View Post
Beautiful. What suspension are you sitting on right now? Where did you find it and how much?

This is completely stock in this picture. Sport Touring model with the 19" RAYS rims.
I picked it up almost 2 years to the month. Wife and I flew from Des Moines Iowa to Milwaukee Wisconsin to get it. We purchased a one way ticket and prayed I liked it when we got there!! I had never even seen one in person, other than the internet. Only time I had driven one was the test drive before I paid for it.
Great drive home!!
Old 01-24-2013, 15:12   #34
JLB768
Silver Membership
Old & Grumpy

Vette #4. 2013 GS

Car Forum
Black Rifle Club Member #768
JLB768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 19:46   #35
LM55

Back to the 60's

I may be out of place a little, but how about an original American "Hot Rod" ?
Attached Thumbnails
Car Forum - Click for larger version  
Old 02-12-2013, 23:53   #36
essixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM55 View Post
I may be out of place a little, but how about an original American "Hot Rod" ?
Sweet!!! Lots of chrome! What engine tranny and rear end?
Old 02-12-2013, 23:54   #37
essixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB768 View Post
Vette #4. 2013 GS

Car Forum
Love the Vette.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:17   #38
JLB768
Silver Membership
Old & Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by essixx View Post
Love the Vette.
Thank you.
Black Rifle Club Member #768
JLB768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 20:45   #39
LM55

Block is from a 1969 chevy 350 with a TH350 tranny. The rear end from a 57 chevy with 308 gears. Tall gears, but at 1750 pounds, it will still pull away from a stop pretty good. Rides like a dump truck, but it is fun for short jumps.
Old 02-23-2013, 17:23   #40
Daniel r

May be a wagon but quick, also have an old Mercedes 500 SEL that make my Elcamino look slow.
Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Car Forum - Click for larger version  
Daniel r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 18:38   #41
ChallengerSRT

My first true go fast car was a '06 Mustang GT 'vert in torch red with red leather interior that was a lot of fun, but at over 116,000 miles, was replaced by this '10 Plum Crazy Pearl Challenger R/T Classic. When the 392 hemi came out, I picked up the '11 Green With Envy SRT8.
There was such a difference in overall performance between between these two, the R/T was replaced with a '11 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit.
The Challenger will be coming out with a 6.2 liter supercharged engine and if/when it's available in Sublime Green, that will be my next muscle car. I love subtle colors!

Last edited by ChallengerSRT; 05-27-2013 at 19:34..
ChallengerSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 23:22   #42
Littlescroll
NRA Member

Keep posting up any shots of your vehicles. I love to see them all. Here's a few more recent photos. I've installed a few new parts including a bigger top-mount intercooler:
Car Forum

Car Forum

Car Forum

Badge delete cleaned up the back a bit:
Car Forum

Car Forum

Last edited by Littlescroll; 04-30-2013 at 23:23..
Littlescroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:12   #43
wct097

Here's mine. Previous owner put a Dinan exhaust on it and had Dinan software upgraded. I actually don't like loud exhausts, and it's borderline on being too loud for my taste..... but I do like the rumble it has when I start it up in the garage in the morning.

Car Forum

Since it's a CS model (Competition Package), it came with a special button on the steering wheel to put the traction control system in "track mode". The addition of this button meant that they deleted the steering wheel controls for the stereo (big deal) and cruise control (sucks for trips).

Having done the "modding" thing in the past, I know now that I have zero desire to modify a daily driver for performance purposes. I appreciate well done cars, but it's just not for me. Factory fast makes me happy now. I'm happy just to do my own maintenance without screwing around with other stuff.

With that said, I did have to mod the car.... found a pretty slick write-up on doing a factory cruise retrofit. I needed to replace the clockspring anyway, so I did it all at once. I removed the steering wheel to replace the clockspring. While that was out, I replaced the washer stalk with one from a different model that had an additional button on it for intensive wash. Then I rewired the Track Mode to be activated by the button on the washer stalk and installed a cruise retrofit panel to the top of the steering wheel (gives me all of the steering wheel controls back). Now I have the CS model Track Mode and the non-CS model cruise control.

Car Forum
The green icon on the right is the cruise control symbol and the orange arrow on the left is the track mode indicator.

Love the power, handling, and braking. Love the factory drilled rotors... hate the price to replace them (over $200 each). Love the wide, sticky tires... hate the price to replace them every 15-20k miles ($1000-1500 a set). Love the wheels... hate cleaning them.

Last edited by wct097; 05-01-2013 at 07:15..
wct097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:44   #44
Glock30Eric
.45 ACP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wct097 View Post
Here's mine. Previous owner put a Dinan exhaust on it and had Dinan software upgraded. I actually don't like loud exhausts, and it's borderline on being too loud for my taste..... but I do like the rumble it has when I start it up in the garage in the morning.

Car Forum

Since it's a CS model (Competition Package), it came with a special button on the steering wheel to put the traction control system in "track mode". The addition of this button meant that they deleted the steering wheel controls for the stereo (big deal) and cruise control (sucks for trips).

Having done the "modding" thing in the past, I know now that I have zero desire to modify a daily driver for performance purposes. I appreciate well done cars, but it's just not for me. Factory fast makes me happy now. I'm happy just to do my own maintenance without screwing around with other stuff.

With that said, I did have to mod the car.... found a pretty slick write-up on doing a factory cruise retrofit. I needed to replace the clockspring anyway, so I did it all at once. I removed the steering wheel to replace the clockspring. While that was out, I replaced the washer stalk with one from a different model that had an additional button on it for intensive wash. Then I rewired the Track Mode to be activated by the button on the washer stalk and installed a cruise retrofit panel to the top of the steering wheel (gives me all of the steering wheel controls back). Now I have the CS model Track Mode and the non-CS model cruise control.

Car Forum
The green icon on the right is the cruise control symbol and the orange arrow on the left is the track mode indicator.

Love the power, handling, and braking. Love the factory drilled rotors... hate the price to replace them (over $200 each). Love the wide, sticky tires... hate the price to replace them every 15-20k miles ($1000-1500 a set). Love the wheels... hate cleaning them.

NICE!!!!
Really do you have to replace the tire set for every 15k to 20k? Do you like to spin the tires?
Glock30Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:51   #45
wct097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock30Eric View Post
NICE!!!!
Really do you have to replace the tire set for every 15k to 20k? Do you like to spin the tires?
I'm not going to say that I never turned traction control off, but spinning tires was absolutely not a regular event for me. They're staggered in size front to rear, so you can't rotate them. They're also soft compound "summer" tires. I think 10k or 15k is the best tread wear warranty I've seen for staggered performance tires.

I bought the car with ~53k miles. Owner claimed the Toyo Proxis tires had 10k on them. Replaced the rears at 63.5k miles with Hankook V12s. I expect it'll be much like my motorcycle where I only change the front every two times that I change the rear. I want to use Michelin tires for the next full change. I think that's about $1400 for the set.

edit: The Hankooks I bought have no treadlife warranty:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

The Pilots that I would like to use have a 20k mile warranty for the fronts and 10k for the rears since they're a different size.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

Last edited by wct097; 05-01-2013 at 07:57..
wct097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:01   #46
Glock30Eric
.45 ACP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wct097 View Post
I'm not going to say that I never turned traction control off, but spinning tires was absolutely not a regular event for me. They're staggered in size front to rear, so you can't rotate them. They're also soft compound "summer" tires. I think 10k or 15k is the best tread wear warranty I've seen for staggered performance tires.

I bought the car with ~53k miles. Owner claimed the Toyo Proxis tires had 10k on them. Replaced the rears at 63.5k miles with Hankook V12s. I expect it'll be much like my motorcycle where I only change the front every two times that I change the rear. I want to use Michelin tires for the next full change. I think that's about $1400 for the set.
It made sense.

I am still mudding with the decision to buy an used M3 either E36 or E46. Both cars have it own unquie characterisitcs that I like.

How is the maintenace on your E46? It seems that you like to work on your own car as I do. The maintenance thing is the factor with my decision to buy an E36 and E46. I know it will be expensive but I don't want to spend lots of my time to maintenance it.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:29   #47
wct097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock30Eric View Post
It made sense.

I am still mudding with the decision to buy an used M3 either E36 or E46. Both cars have it own unquie characterisitcs that I like.

How is the maintenace on your E46? It seems that you like to work on your own car as I do. The maintenance thing is the factor with my decision to buy an E36 and E46. I know it will be expensive but I don't want to spend lots of my time to maintenance it.
As someone who maintains their own vehicles, I would be very unlikely to own a BMW newer than 2006 as they are extremely maintenance unfriendly with a dealer computer system almost required for any substantial repairs.... or even just changing the battery.

Mine is a 2005, so maintenance is still reasonable for a guy that works on his own stuff. I did have to purchase a new jack that was low enough to fit under the car. I should have bought a better jack years ago anyway.

Honestly, I think these cars were very well engineered to be worked on. There are a lot more things to break or screw up, but they're still easy to work on. In my case, I don't have a FSM, so I'm working purely based on knowledge from working on vehicles my entire life and from what I can glean from the internet.

Aside from the low profile jack, I've had to purchase one specialty tool to diagnose and reset the airbag light when the clockspring was bad. It cost $30:

I've only put about 10k miles on it, so my efforts have been somewhat limited. I've replaced the clockspring, retrofitted cruise control while maintaining track mode, changed the oil, and removed the rear brakes for inspection. After inspecting the brakes it became apparent that they still had some wear left. As such, I've got a new set of pads and rotors, and a wear sensor in my garage for when the time comes to replace them.

The e46 does require a special, dealer only, oil, but the price really isn't much higher than I've been paying for Mobil 1 10w30 for my Jeep for the last decade. It's actually less when you consider the 15k mile change interval (previous owner changed at 7500 miles and I'm doing that as well).
Old 05-01-2013, 09:31   #48
wct097

Oh yea... I also replaced the spring on my gas door. I think the dealer sold it to me (using my brother's shop discount) for $0.39.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:44   #49
Glock30Eric
.45 ACP

Awesome and thank you for the comment. It made me feel more comfortable to lean on the decision with 2002-2005 E46 M3.

U-Boat
Old 05-01-2013, 12:11   #50
PVolk

I'm a turbo 4-cylinder guy. This is my compound turbocharged 2.0L Eclipse. Runs on gasoline and makes 550 ft/lbs torque at the wheels. Hooks good too with AWD, so it's a riot on the street.

Car Forum