Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-27-2013, 00:58   #1
glockman66

Ammunition Management for More Obtainability Act, or AMMO act

An Oklahoma State Senator and Representative are doing something "RIGHT"!!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...with-ammo-act/
Government
GOP Lawmakers Hope to Combat Ammunition Stockpiling by Gov’t Agencies With AMMO Act
Apr. 25, 2013 8:00pm Jason Howerton

ALSO:

http://freebeacon.com/gop-bill-seeks...mmo-purchases/
GOP Bill Seeks to Cut Back Government Ammo Purchases
AMMO Act would limit ammo buying, storing for non-Pentagon departments and agencies
BY: Adam Kredo
April 25, 2013 7:03 pm

Last edited by glockman66; 04-27-2013 at 01:10..
glockman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:42   #2
Spiffums
I.C.P.

You just watch and see if it's not picked up by the "other side" and they try to limit us to 50 rds of stored ammo.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:33   #3
M2 Carbine

Bad idea.

If something like that is enacted, step two will be to limit sales to private citizens.

"Hey, if the government doesn't need all that ammunition, joe blow surely doesn't need more that a box of bullets a month".
M2 Carbine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:33   #4
Ragnar

Not seeing a need for this law. The ammo "shortage" was not related to DHS purchases. A law such as this one is not only unnecessary but subject to abuse.

Last edited by Ragnar; 04-27-2013 at 06:34..
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:25   #5
frank4570
Feral human

Misguided. And possibly a trojan horse.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:41   #6
Bruce M

If this is good legislation, what other kinds of problems can we "solve" legislatively?
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:48   #7
Bruce M

I guess if one really believes that the reason that there is no ammunition on the shelves at Walmart is because of what DHS has bought then perhaps one would support this legislation. http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1483764
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:29   #8
sierrafast
Coleccionista

I agree with M2, this is clearly a bad idea.
sierrafast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:39   #9
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

NO MORE NEW LAWS! Almost always a step in the wrong direction. Lets repeal a few tens of thousands, first.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:39   #10
kahrcarrier
FAHRENHEIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrafast View Post
I agree with M2, this is clearly a bad idea.
Absolutely.
kahrcarrier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:41   #11
Jim85IROC

I see no chance of this law even coming to a vote. It's nothing more than a statement.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:03   #12
oldman11

Actually it sounds good to me. I'll admit I do see a possibility of a Trojan horse. Oh boy, here is another one of those 50/50 things.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:15   #13
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Only a year ago there was PLENTY of ammo in every caliber.

After, Sandy Hook did amo fly off the shelves.

With gun control dying in Congress, it will get better.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:39   #14
ray9898

How cute...both sides aren't afraid of a little political grandstanding which play on the stupidity of their electorate.

Anyone with common sense and basic math skills knows this is BS legislation.

Last edited by ray9898; 04-27-2013 at 10:41..
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:49   #15
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 Carbine View Post
Bad idea.

If something like that is enacted, step two will be to limit sales to private citizens.

"Hey, if the government doesn't need all that ammunition, joe blow surely doesn't need more that a box of bullets a month".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Not seeing a need for this law. The ammo "shortage" was not related to DHS purchases. A law such as this one is not only unnecessary but subject to abuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
Misguided. And possibly a trojan horse.
What these guys said...

NO MORE LAWS UNLESS THEY WILL ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING!!! IF WE PUSH STUPID LAWS THAT WILL DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, WE ARE NO BETTER THAN OUR OPPONENTS!
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 13:15   #16
cowboy1964

Won't have any effect for multiple reasons, among them, the "stockpiling" by the feds is spread over years and only amounts to a tiny fraction of the overall ammo market. Not to mention that the feds are only buying from, what, one manufacturer, and only specific types of ammo.

Meanwhile the debt-to-GDP hit 105%. But hey, keep wasting time on BS, Congress.
cowboy1964 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 13:27   #17
silentpoet

Lets make a law that says hot chicks have to go out with guys like me. Pretty much the same thing.
silentpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 14:34   #18
railfancwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpoet View Post
Lets make a law that says hot chicks have to go out with guys like me. Pretty much the same thing.
Think this will work? If so, I will propose an amendment...

At Lowes this afternoon, checking out, and a young female cashier had to squat down to scan a bar code. Reminded me of a 1960s folk song. Her jeans went "...so low they revealed a new cleavage." Maybe I'm not as old as I thought.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 04-27-2013, 14:50   #19
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Won't have any effect for multiple reasons, among them, the "stockpiling" by the feds is spread over years and only amounts to a tiny fraction of the overall ammo market. Not to mention that the feds are only buying from, what, one manufacturer, and only specific types of ammo.

Meanwhile the debt-to-GDP hit 105%. But hey, keep wasting time on BS, Congress.
Really? This looks like a LOT of specifics.
https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&m...=core&_cview=1
What does DHS need with thousands of rounds of .30 carbine and .45 Long Colt?
Old 04-27-2013, 14:53   #20
G19Tony
CLM Number 3
Sneet

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpoet View Post
I like this law.

I don't like the other law. It's bad legislation.

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten it.

"What's the point of living the majority of your life preparing for that last little bit?"

G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 15:01   #21
Bruce M

Among the reasons that come to mind are that someone in DHS may be testing the effectiveness of body armor (or vehicle armor or armored shields) against various types of ammunition and that someone might be doing some testing with other guns for potential approval. It would not shock me that some agency still has some M1 carbines in stock somewhere.
Old 04-28-2013, 16:33   #22
glockman66

IMHO, Sen Inhofes' and Rep. Lucas' integrity would preclude this act as being any attempt at creating a Trojan Horse. And after the enduring/surviving the past term and the beginning of the next term of Obama, IMHO his "integrity" and "transparency" is nonexistent(exists only in the minds of the sheeple/Kool-Aid drinkers--especially in the lib MSM). I would be willing to compare the integrity of Inhofe and Lucas at any time against the integrity of the Obama adminstration. That being said, I would not put it past the Obama administration to grab at any straw(limiting ammo purchases of law abiding citizens) and bend it/shape it to make it work to expand and enlarge their control & power grab agendas--especially in matters of gun control and the elimination of the 2nd Amendment.

Last edited by glockman66; 04-28-2013 at 16:45..
glockman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 17:42   #23
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
But I don't think Homoland inSecurity shouldn't have as much as they're getting either. They are a dept. that shouldn't exist anyway.

I don't support the bill because I don't think govt has any business interferring with the free-market supply and demand of a legal product.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 18:10   #24
ray9898

I guess people would feel better if the Border Patrol, ICE, Secret Service, Coast Guard and dozen or so other agencies ordered their ammo individually. This is no different than the DOD ordering bulk supplies for the branches of the military.
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 18:12   #25
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman66 View Post
IMHO, Sen Inhofes' and Rep. Lucas' integrity would preclude this act as being any attempt at creating a Trojan Horse..
While that may not be their intent, it doesn't mean someone can't reinvent the english language so that the bill suits their agenda...

You know, how liberals take:
"A well organized militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"...

as talking about the National Guard.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote