SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-24-2013, 18:13   #41
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
My policy manual expressly prohibits that as well as .44 mag.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
To paraphrase Harry Callahan,

"A good department knows its limitations....."

countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 18:22   #42
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
Given the relative cost of the ammo and training, any idea why they don't cave and "upgrade" the remaining dinosaurs or set a drop dead date on the guns? My off the cuff guess is that it's to avoid setting the precedent within the agency.

Any idea how many revolvers are left?
As for setting a drop dead date, no idea why nothing like this was done. As for enticement to "upgrade" to a semiauto, the agency provided free semiautos to everyone willing to convert. The individual LEO just had to purchase holster and mag pouch. And all who converted got to keep their wheelguns.

Have no idea how many revolvers are left but I know getting a free box or two of Speer .38 ammo out of the range guys is getting harder and harder. So they must be keeping a closer eye on .38 ammo inventory and hoping they don't have to re-order (or re-order as much) anymore.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.

Last edited by Patchman; 04-24-2013 at 18:32..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 21:38   #43
Annhl8rX

My agency just recently started to allow the carry of personally owned weapons. Prior to that, everybody had to carry the issues HK USP. Firearms instructors could approve a P2000 for those with smaller hands.

You can still carry the HK if you want, which I do. You are also allowed a Glock 22 or 23, M&P, XD or XDm, Beretta 96, or some Sig variant. Since it is so new, the list is still being formed. I believe the specific requirements are that it must be a .40, capable of double action fire, with at least a 4" barrel and 6" sight radius.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:08   #44
nitesite10mm
Dog Lover

I'm issued a G22 and 180-gr HST. It is okay but I prefer other sidearms as a first choice.

So it is always either a 1911 or a G34 but every now and then I have rocked with a Smiff and Western Model 28 Highway Patrolman.

Yep. In 2013 I've carried a blued N-Frame 4" Smiff revolver chambered in a straight walled magnum cartridge.

I was recently at a pursuit training seminar wearing a Model 28 and all it took was the short timespan of waiting for the first restroom/coffee break from class for me to be outside with a small crowd around me wanting to talk about it. By lunch there were guys wondering why they had never appreciated a revolver until then.

I just wish it was a Model 58 fixed sight 4" .41 Remington Magnum instead of a .357 maggie.
in no particular order.........

Last edited by nitesite10mm; 04-26-2013 at 12:09..
nitesite10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 13:58   #45
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitesite10mm View Post
I'm issued a G22 and 180-gr HST. It is okay but I prefer other sidearms as a first choice.

So it is always either a 1911 or a G34 but every now and then I have rocked with a Smiff and Western Model 28 Highway Patrolman.

Yep. In 2013 I've carried a blued N-Frame 4" Smiff revolver chambered in a straight walled magnum cartridge.

I was recently at a pursuit training seminar wearing a Model 28 and all it took was the short timespan of waiting for the first restroom/coffee break from class for me to be outside with a small crowd around me wanting to talk about it. By lunch there were guys wondering why they had never appreciated a revolver until then.

I just wish it was a Model 58 fixed sight 4" .41 Remington Magnum instead of a .357 maggie.
I have both and it is difficult to chose the 28 (as great as it is) when the 58 is an option.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 18:52   #46
pgg00

We carry our own firearms. 9mm, .40 & .45 are authorized (.380 and .38 can be used for BUGs). Has to be a quality brand. Rifles have to be of an AR 5.56 variant. The fish cop guys can use a .308 if they choose. Shotguns must be 12 gauge and fit in the racks.

I tried to get them to let me carry my 10mm. Everyone approved until it got to the chief who nixed it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

WiskyT :whistling:
There's nothing like the fact that you can take educated professionals with everything on the line and add a little booze and they act like juniors in HS.
pgg00 is offline   Reply With Quote