GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 05:58   #126
rustytxrx
Senior Member
 
rustytxrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,068
God has two aspects. 1. God is all. 2. The perception of god in the human brain. You will have a very hard time proving me wrong
__________________
Rusty
Texas, I luv u
rustytxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:28   #127
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,223


Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone538 View Post
Well those 4 holes are all inclusive, and atheists don't have a belief system.




If gnostic were irrelevant then obviously agnostic would have to be irrelevant also.




Or not believe, anyway...

This is only your opinion. I happen to agree, but if there is a god, I think it likely that there are people that know it.
Where does a middle of the road agnostic fit? Maybe at the intersection of the two lines? But it doesn't fit into either if the 4 described pigeon holes.

Just my way of thinking, but I believe the single line is more descriptive.

On both sides, there is faith.
Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:30   #128
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytxrx View Post
God has two aspects. 1. God is all. 2. The perception of god in the human brain. You will have a very hard time proving me wrong
1. God is nothing. 2. God is an invention of man to explain the aspects of his environment he doesn't understand.

This as of now is a fact of reality. How so? Because we know nothing of a God(s).
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:44   #129
Guss
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 2,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Where does a middle of the road agnostic fit?...
What is the level of knowledge of god possessed by a middle of the road agnostic?
What is the basis for his belief level?
Guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:17   #130
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,223


Quote:
Originally Posted by Guss View Post
What is the level of knowledge of god possessed by a middle of the road agnostic?
What is the basis for his belief level?
That it is roughly equal probability that a god has exited, and that none has ever existed. It's simply a mystery.
Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:28   #131
English
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London
Posts: 5,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytxrx View Post
To a believer you are on thin ice here. When the threshold of believe is opened the substance of proof changes to the believer. To the person having the hallucinations during detox the spiders, snakes, etc are real.

When the neural pathways are set up god is as real as love or hate. I know there is a God because God is all. The very fact that this conversation is possible is because ALL is the substance of God. How much more can you know God

The atheist can not say that the believer does not know God. The only thing the atheist can say in fact is they can't proof god exists. You can't prove love or hate exists except for observations of the actions of the person in question and analysis of brain scans. Just because god exists in the human brain is a problem with the atheists but ask them if they love some one and they confess they do (usually).

The problem here is not the existence of god but a lack of true understanding of god
Of course I am on thin ice with a believer, but that is everything to do with the fact that he is a believer and nothing to do with the real world.

Everything you say is about the believer's perception and mental state. You even bring up the spiders and snakes many are sure are real during detox or delirium tremens. The fact that the victim believes them to be absolutely real makes no difference to the fact that they do not exist anywhere other than in the mind of the victim. You should consider the fact that your religious belief and certainty in that belief is effectively the same phenomenon. The difference in your case, and that of many believers, is that you are believing what you want to believe.

In earlier posts you have talked of a complex mental hole of a specific shape like a hormone (an enzyme would probably be a better choice since a hormone is just a sub class of the enzymes) which you have spent years building the hormone to fit. That is a lot of effort to put into what would seem to be a kind of mental defect, but once having put in that effort you would be very hard to argue away from your belief.

You seem to have a profound lack of understanding of the nature of knowledge and belief. To be fair, you share this lack with the enormous majority of other people and even the English language leads us into this error of understanding.

Knowledge, where it exists, is absolute and reflects the real world or a precisely defined subset of it. Because the real world is hugely complex, our knowledge of it is necessarily incomplete. In order to interact with this complexity we develop ideas, hypotheses, theories and so on which allow us to make predictions about related phenomena. We test these predictive explanations with observable facts and when a fact is contrary to the idea we reject the idea as false. Unfortunately for knowledge, that is no more than negative knowledge. By rejecting a false idea we have reduced our mental universe of uncertainty but come no closer to positive knowledge.

We might find very large numbers of facts, both from simple observation of the natural world and from experiment, which are consistent with the predictions coming from some particular idea, but that does not mean that the idea is true. The size of the complexity of the universe is the reason for that, because it means we can have no guarantee that someone will not find a contrary fact at some future time - later today, next week, in a hundred or a hundred thousand years.

This means that we cannot have positive knowledge of the real universe. Regardless of this, we have to continue to interact with reality and attempt to simplify its phenomena to a predictable level. We do this with beliefs. As an idea gains more and more supporting evidence and no contrary evidence is found, our belief in the truth of the idea grows. When that belief becomes strong enough we act a though the idea is true, even though, if we understand epistemology, we know that we can have such an assurance.

All of this applies to phenomena of the real world. But for some things we can specify a subset of what we might hope to be the real world, or might accept to be no more than an interesting fantasy, where complexity is limited to a level where it can be handled. Mathematics is an example. Here we can set the conditions so that we can not only prove ideas within that framework to be false, but also prove them to be true. In many case this has useful applications to ideas about the real world, but once we move those mathematical ideas over to the real world we take them into the realm of uncertainty once again.

It should be clear from the paragraph above that the common usage of the terms "proof" or "prove" are fallacious. In a properly set up system of jurisprudence, the jury is asked to "prove beyond a reasonable doubt" that the charge is valid. It is understood that they can never prove the charge to be valid in an absolute sense because there is always the possibility that two big boys came along and did it, if they were clever enough to manipulate the evidence.

We can be almost certain that some of the ideas we believe to be true are actually true, but we can't know which they are. It is the nature of most of mankind to believe that they know things of a positive nature. It seems to be a psychological drive of great power. We can see it in arguments about many practical things. In some of those things it is hard to gather clear evidence and so the arguments are never ending. We all can think of many examples. In others the application of a little logic or mathematics can make it clear beyond reasonable doubt that some views are false and others are most probably correct, but in spite of this the arguers will continue to support their false ideas with considerable passion. Since we are all able to observe this in our everyday lives, we should be able to agree that it is a characteristic endemic in many people. They are people who feel the need to know how the world works.

To a greater or lesser extent, that need applies to all of us. We need to be able to anticipate and react to changing circumstances before the change occurs. We react to the expectation of winter by storing food from the productivity of summer and autumn. We used to protect ourselves from floods by building or raised ground. We used to build houses in areas prone to avalanche on places where experience had shown the avalanches went past rather than through. And so on and on. Some things are obviously harder to predict than the coming of winter and some, like earthquakes, eclipses of the Sun and meteor showers are much harder to predict.

This leads a situation where strange, frightening or even actively dangerous natural phenomena could not be predicted by primitive people. But those people still wanted to feel that they had an explanation. This is then one basis for the creation of religion. Why is God so often angry in most religions? Religion cannot stop bad things from happening. It cannot explain their occurrence with rational explanation. So what it is driven back to in its public relations exercise is saying that it is punishment by god angry at wrong doing. If people don't remember doing wrong they must have been thinking the wrong thoughts. Fortunately their wrong doing or thinking was not bad enough or the bad things would have been even worse. This same paradigm could be seen in Communist countries such as the USSR and China.

Once the religious system has been built on this foundation, peer pressure comes into play. When bad things happen the non- believers would tend to be killed by mobs or sacrificed by priests. The result would be that larger and larger proportions of the population would descend from those with a capacity for excessive and uncritical belief. When really exceptionally bad things happen year after year the people eventually kill the priests, but they are a small minority and make little difference to the gene pool. Some other group then arises to fill the religion shaped hole in the heads of the people.

The result of that is that we have people like you who spend years trying to fill in the strangely shaped hole in their mental space and believing that they have gained absolute knowledge of the nature of a non existent entity in the process. Then they deny that anyone can prove their belief to be false without apparent realization that they have created or adopted a belief which is outside the realm of real world proof or even rational conjecture because it is outside the real world.

In short, you are talking nonsense in the precise meaning of that word.

English

Last edited by English; 04-24-2013 at 08:29..
English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:37   #132
rustytxrx
Senior Member
 
rustytxrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
1. God is nothing. 2. God is an invention of man to explain the aspects of his environment he doesn't understand.

This as of now is a fact of reality. How so? Because we know nothing of a God(s).
YOU know nothing of God. It is not true of all. The assumption that if you don't know it is not true is very limiting for you.

A mind that is petrified by lack of spirituality will not know many things. There are many facets of life that will not be known by such a person.

I can say without a doubt that I understand you least of all the posters. Such a fixed mind that so aggressively drives such a narrow view is unusual. If anything you are predictable.
__________________
Rusty
Texas, I luv u
rustytxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:07   #133
rustytxrx
Senior Member
 
rustytxrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,068
@English. Wow thanks for the post. Yes I put the snakes and spiders there just for that purpose. It is necessary to understand all the possibilities before you can believe. It could be a delusion and must be weighed carefully against reality. When the possibilities are weighed that leaves us with either your view of it is nonsense or my view it is real.

I am surprised that you used the word nonsense. That is a belittling choice of words. The ideology I used is almost straight from Buddhism. I believe that the Buddhist ideology fits reality. The "subtle impermanence " is a key to existence in Buddhism.

I am not trying to sale anyone a bill of goods. What the world understands of my believes is of no matter to me. The pathway to where I am has indeed been a long path.

Nonsense to you, enlightenment to me. That is a fair trade to me
__________________
Rusty
Texas, I luv u
rustytxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:08   #134
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,223


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
1. God is nothing. 2. God is an invention of man to explain the aspects of his environment he doesn't understand.

This as of now is a fact of reality. How so? Because we know nothing of a God(s).
Let's assume you are correct and there is no knowledge of a god, assuming what you mean is that there is no current evidence if one or more.

Why not stop right there?

Assuming that means there isn't one is a leap of faith, not much different than assuming ther is or was one.

Granted, not all of the different assumptions that there is a god can be right either, as many are contradictory.

The evidence does not support belief in a particular deity, nor does it support belief that there is no deity.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 04-24-2013 at 09:09..
Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:13   #135
Syclone538
Senior Member
 
Syclone538's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Where does a middle of the road agnostic fit?
...
Can this person honestly make the statement "I believe there is a god"?

Yes = agnostic theist
No = agnostic atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
...
Maybe at the intersection of the two lines?
...
What lines?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
...
But it doesn't fit into either if the 4 described pigeon holes.
...
It's 2 true/false questions with 4 possible answers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
...
Just my way of thinking, but I believe the single line is more descriptive.

On both sides, there is faith.

quan lot nam sieu mong do ngu nu dep do dung cao cap cho me ao so mi cong so ban buon quan ao cac loai cho thue trang phuc hoa trang
What does an atheist have faith in?
__________________
Some people want freedom, even for those they disagree with, and some don't.
Do lot Do so sinh Ban buon quan ao Chup anh cho be
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
...
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
...

Last edited by Syclone538; 05-15-2013 at 05:57..
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:20   #136
Syclone538
Senior Member
 
Syclone538's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by English View Post
No. They don't know there is a god. They just believe they know there is a god.

English
If they are wrong and there is no god, then yeah they only believe. If they are right and there is a god, specifically the god that they believe in, then it's hard to say they don't know.
quan lot nam dep do ngu cao cap do dung cho me vay lien cong so quan ao ban buon cho thue trang phuc
This get into the whole conversation of how do we know what we know and can anything really be known. I've always tried to avoid that conversation, because I don't lean strongly one way or the other, and couldn't back up my position if I did.
__________________
Some people want freedom, even for those they disagree with, and some don't.
Do lot Do so sinh Ban buon quan ao Chup anh cho be
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
...
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
...

Last edited by Syclone538; 05-15-2013 at 05:57..
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:23   #137
Smacktard
Senior Member
 
Smacktard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,151


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
My scale just goes to 100% surety, in both directions. Not infinity.

100% is infinity.


...
__________________
Did I mention there are at least 7 billion opinions on earth, of which yours is only one?

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."
- Joseph Goebbels, Minister of Propaganda in Nazi Germany.
Smacktard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:40   #138
English
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London
Posts: 5,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytxrx View Post
@English. Wow thanks for the post. Yes I put the snakes and spiders there just for that purpose. It is necessary to understand all the possibilities before you can believe. It could be a delusion and must be weighed carefully against reality. When the possibilities are weighed that leaves us with either your view of it is nonsense or my view it is real.

I am surprised that you used the word nonsense. That is a belittling choice of words. The ideology I used is almost straight from Buddhism. I believe that the Buddhist ideology fits reality. The "subtle impermanence " is a key to existence in Buddhism.

I am not trying to sale anyone a bill of goods. What the world understands of my believes is of no matter to me. The pathway to where I am has indeed been a long path.

Nonsense to you, enlightenment to me. That is a fair trade to me
I used nonsense in the meaning of not being consistent with sense if sense is used to operate within and to predict the events of the real world. Religion specifically sets itself apart from the real world with concepts like heaven, hell, reincarnation and the wheel of existence. I don't see that Buddhism is any different in this respect and so "nonsense" is descriptive rather than pejorative.

English
English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:47   #139
English
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London
Posts: 5,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone538 View Post
If they are wrong and there is no god, then yeah they only believe. If they are right and there is a god, specifically the god that they believe in, then it's hard to say they don't know.
Even if they are right they cannot know that they are right in any objective sense - they would just be lucky. And so the only reasonable explanation is that they believe they know.

Quote:
This get into the whole conversation of how do we know what we know and can anything really be known. I've always tried to avoid that conversation, because I don't lean strongly one way or the other, and couldn't back up my position if I did.
I tried to cover this in my post 131. Epistemology tells us, with reason, why we can't have positive knowledge of the real world.

English
English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:53   #140
void *
Dereference Me!
 
void *'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: #define NULL ((void *)0)
Posts: 10,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by English View Post
I tried to cover this in my post 131. Epistemology tells us, with reason, why we can't have positive knowledge of the real world.
And post 131 is, colloquialized in the language of a fat kid from a small town in Colorado:

__________________
"The human mind is seldom satisfied, and is not justifiable by any natural process whatsoever, as regards geometry, our universe differs only slightly from a long-term, bi-directional, single trait selection experiment." -- Maxwell/Einstein/Johansson
void * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:01   #141
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytxrx View Post
YOU know nothing of God. It is not true of all.
Yes it is. Things we know we can evidence. You've nothing of the sort for god.

Quote:
The assumption that if you don't know it is not true is very limiting for you.
If god could be known... it would be able to be evidenced. It is not. The assumption sits with you... that you interpret existence to be proof of god. This is not knowledge. This is belief. Something of fact can be proven.

Quote:
A mind that is petrified by lack of spirituality will not know many things. There are many facets of life that will not be known by such a person.
Spirituality clouds the mind with gray areas, assumptions, and conjecture. It causes you to give more meaning to things than they actually have. It dulls the intellect and confuses the senses. Reality is sharp and cold... it isn't the soft hazy dreamscape you'd choose to make of it.

Quote:
I can say without a doubt that I understand you least of all the posters. Such a fixed mind that so aggressively drives such a narrow view is unusual. If anything you are predictable.
I am realistic and grounded to actual reality. There isn't much magic in the real world. You claim to know God... but he/she/it/they are your invention. They are how you explain that which you cannot explain. Nothing more.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:06   #142
rustytxrx
Senior Member
 
rustytxrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Yes it is. Things we know we can evidence. You've nothing of the sort for god.



If god could be known... it would be able to be evidenced. It is not. The assumption sits with you... that you interpret existence to be proof of god. This is not knowledge. This is belief. Something of fact can be proven.



Spirituality clouds the mind with gray areas, assumptions, and conjecture. It causes you to give more meaning to things than they actually have. It dulls the intellect and confuses the senses. Reality is sharp and cold... it isn't the soft hazy dreamscape you'd choose to make of it.



I am realistic and grounded to actual reality. There isn't much magic in the real world. You claim to know God... but he/she/it/they are your invention. They are how you explain that which you cannot explain. Nothing more.
I got it. The world according to Glock36shooter
__________________
Rusty
Texas, I luv u
rustytxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:17   #143
ezthumper
Registered User
 
ezthumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Spirituality clouds the mind with gray areas, assumptions, and conjecture. It causes you to give more meaning to things than they actually have. It dulls the intellect and confuses the senses. Reality is sharp and cold... it isn't the soft hazy dreamscape you'd choose to make of it.
Reality is sharp and cold only because your attitude dictates that it is to be so. So, your attitude is clouding your mind, dulling your senses focusing on cold, sharp "reality.
ezthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:18   #144
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytxrx View Post
I got it. The world according to Glock36shooter
The world according to reality and evidence. You're free to believe whatever you like. But it's just a belief. Something you've drummed up in your head. That's all.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:21   #145
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezthumper View Post
Reality is sharp and cold only because your attitude dictates that it is to be so. So, your attitude is clouding your mind, dulling your senses focusing on cold, sharp "reality.
No, go out into the wilderness with no clothes, tools, food, or provisions. You will see how spiritual life is. Nature will steam roll you and the scavengers will pick at your remains and nothing will change. The world will keep right on moving as if you never existed. Your comfortable lifestyle is what affords you the extra time to consider that maybe the universe is made of candy and nuts.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:24   #146
rustytxrx
Senior Member
 
rustytxrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by English View Post
I used nonsense in the meaning of not being consistent with sense if sense is used to operate within and to predict the events of the real world. Religion specifically sets itself apart from the real world with concepts like heaven, hell, reincarnation and the wheel of existence. I don't see that Buddhism is any different in this respect and so "nonsense" is descriptive rather than pejorative.

English

Thanks. I enjoy your posts
__________________
Rusty
Texas, I luv u
rustytxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:46   #147
rustytxrx
Senior Member
 
rustytxrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
No, go out into the wilderness with no clothes, tools, food, or provisions. You will see how spiritual life is. Nature will steam roll you and the scavengers will pick at your remains and nothing will change. The world will keep right on moving as if you never existed. Your comfortable lifestyle is what affords you the extra time to consider that maybe the universe is made of candy and nuts.

The universe makes the earth look indeed like heaven on earth.

Alas I think there is a nice balance I can have between spirituality and Glock36shooter's reality. While I don't go off unprepared into the wilderness, I do paddle my canoe for great enough distances that we have to supplement our food from nature.

You know being spiritual does not mean you wax poetical over nature and talk glowing about the wonders of god. I am likely one of the very few if anyone on this forum that has killed another person not in the line of duty but out of pure rage. I think I can ride the river and still have space in my brain for god and spiritualism. In fact it think it is a better fit for survival.
__________________
Rusty
Texas, I luv u

Last edited by rustytxrx; 04-24-2013 at 10:47..
rustytxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:47   #148
ezthumper
Registered User
 
ezthumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
No, go out into the wilderness with no clothes, tools, food, or provisions. You will see how spiritual life is. Nature will steam roll you and the scavengers will pick at your remains and nothing will change.
SERE Trained Fairchild AFB.
"COOL SCHOOL" EIELSON AIR FORCE BASE

And other real world experiences that put the above training to use.

So yeah I get it, first hand thanks.

I have a reality of my own...Thanks again for your assumption.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
The world will keep right on moving as if you never existed. Your comfortable lifestyle is what affords you the extra time to consider that maybe the universe is made of candy and nuts.
My reality is different from yours, experience defines a persons reality, it is not a cookie cutter type of event where everyone's reality is the same.

My comfy candy nut laden life style is fantastic, I worked hard to re-build my attitude to allow me to get things done.

And for the record, God had nothing to do with what I went through, the losses, the wins, failures and sucesses.

Last edited by ezthumper; 04-24-2013 at 10:49..
ezthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:41   #149
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytxrx View Post
Alas I think there is a nice balance I can have between spirituality and Glock36shooter's reality. While I don't go off unprepared into the wilderness, I do paddle my canoe for great enough distances that we have to supplement our food from nature.
Sure we all like the outdoors. I didn't say anything about canoeing and hunting for food with your canoe that was probably built in a factory with a rifle or bow that was as well. I'm talking about thrusting yourself into the wild with only what this god fella gave you. Like our ancestors. And staying there. You will find reality has little concern for your feelings or ideas. In fact the things that wanna eat you hope you'll sit still for a while and think about what is the meaning of life. It will make meal time easier for them.

Quote:
You know being spiritual does not mean you wax poetical over nature and talk glowing about the wonders of god. I am likely one of the very few if anyone on this forum that has killed another person not in the line of duty but out of pure rage. I think I can ride the river and still have space in my brain for god and spiritualism. In fact it think it is a better fit for survival.
Craziest post ever.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:53   #150
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezthumper View Post
SERE Trained Fairchild AFB.
"COOL SCHOOL" EIELSON AIR FORCE BASE

And other real world experiences that put the above training to use.

So yeah I get it, first hand thanks.

I have a reality of my own...Thanks again for your assumption.
I'm not talking about a 2 week field problem. I'm talking about living in the wild for the rest of your days and going in with only what god gave ya. I grew up in the woods of Georgia. I'm pretty comfortable with a knife and maybe a liquid container for a long period of time. But that's not what I'm getting at. Remove all your man made comforts that allow you leisure to drift into wonderland and see how the world treats ya.


Quote:
My reality is different from yours, experience defines a persons reality, it is not a cookie cutter type of event where everyone's reality is the same.
That's the thing... reality is reality whether you like it or not. It is what it is and you don't get a say in it. It doesn't become different because you want to see it different. It is what it is. Your situation is different from mine. Your actions can change the situation. But that it is reality is firm regardless of how you choose to view it.

Quote:
My comfy candy nut laden life style is fantastic, I worked hard to re-build my attitude to allow me to get things done.
Good for you.

Quote:
And for the record, God had nothing to do with what I went through, the losses, the wins, failures and sucesses.
Of that I am sure.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 15:49.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,186
369 Members
817 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42