GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:19   #21
wct097

I like BCM. They're a great company to buy from and I've had zero complaints with the products I've purchased from them. I eagerly look forward to buying from them again.

That said, given the chance to replace the unknown (assume RRA) BCG in my RRA upper from Adco on my first build from 2002, I decided to just keep running the BCG that was in the gun rather than using one of the BCMs that I had in my safe.

In my experience maintaining vehicles over the years, parts that are perceived to be "high end" will wear out just as the "low end" parts will. When I find sub-standard parts that wear out too quickly (water pumps for my Jeep from Advance Auto Parts), I take note and avoid them in the future.

To date, I've yet to wear out any gun parts, so I remain unconvinced that "high end" stuff is worth the money. The sole exception was the buffer spring in my AR after it survived a house fire. Maybe I'm just not shooting enough, or maybe half of my guns have barrels that are shot out and I'm just not a good enough shot to notice.

I built a "high end" SBR to see what the fuss was about. While I like BCM's BCGs and will likely continue to use them in new builds, I'd have no concerns with using any milspec FA BCG. Had one from FN that was only slightly cheaper than the BCM that I'd have used in a heart beat. The only reason I used the BCM instead was the fact that the finish was smoother and seemed like it would be easier to clean.

Last edited by wct097; 04-24-2013 at 06:23..
wct097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:14   #22
fuzzy03cls

I need one, but I'm not being forced to donate. Until they take that crap off they can keep it.
fuzzy03cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:34   #23
wct097

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy03cls View Post
I need one, but I'm not being forced to donate. Until they take that crap off they can keep it.
Complaining about that is pointless, ill-informed, or just plain closed minded, IMO. Would you buy their BCG for $225 if they weren't claiming that part of it was a NRA donation? I'm thinking most would as no-name non-HP/MP BCGs are still selling for around $180-200.

Economics 101. When demand increases and supply doesn't, prices will rise. I applaud BCM for making the statement that their price increase is going directly to fund the NRA in fighting for our Second Amendment rights rather than simply pocketing the difference. I can't fault them either way. People are paying upwards of $300 for their BCGs on the auction sites and they're selling out in under 45 minutes when they show up for $225. Obviously the current value of their BCGs is in excess of their 2012 price of $159 or even their current list price of $189.

The $189 + NRA donation is just their way of saying "hey, this is what the price should be if the liberals in the federal government weren't hell bent on trashing the Second Amendment".
Old 04-24-2013, 07:51   #24
GSSF17
...2 of 'em

Yep- donation does not bother me a bit. I just seems they only get a few in stock at a time and the email notification is pretty much worthless
-Rimfire Club#1097 -Florida Glockers Club#1097 -Black Rifle Club #1097 -Certified Glock Armorer

RIP John Noveske- 1976 - 2013
GSSF17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:05   #25
wct097

As an IT geek, it makes me wonder about their notification system. Obviously the demand is high, so sending out tens of thousands of emails in under 30 minutes isn't the same as sending out 10-20 emails. Obviously the system doesn't just send all of the messages at once as it would probably get them blacklisted for spam. I'm sure it's throttled. I wonder if the system sends messages on a FIFO basis or if it just does them alphabetically or something.

Would be interesting to see if an email address like aaaaaaa@a.com would get the message before an address like zzzzzzzz@z.com.
Old 04-24-2013, 23:39   #26
mvician
Lifetime Membership

Ordered mine Tuesday morning, arrived Wednesday afternoon.

As far as PSA saying they get their BCG's next door - there is more "next door" to PSA than FN.
mvician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:05   #27
kahrguy

Bcg

In stock

http://www.sbdgear.com/ProductDetail...artsfinder.com
Old 04-25-2013, 07:26   #28
fuzzy03cls

Quote:
Would you buy their BCG for $225 if they weren't claiming that part of it was a NRA donation?
Yes. Having MY choices made for me by a company is bad business IMHO. Do what
you guys want, it's not about the nra or supporting anything it's about MY choice being taken away. MY choice to donate to XYZ. BCM parts are great & I use their gear. I just don't agree with the donation thing & have to question why it's only on BCG's? You don't see these nra donation things on uppers? They have way more uppers come into stock then BCG's.
fuzzy03cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:51   #29
Jim85IROC

I agree. I don't like being told what to do, or how I have to spend my money. The government already does more than enough of that. I'd much prefer to see Bravo Company do something similar to the Midway NRA-Roundup, which I think is a phenomenal idea.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote