SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-23-2013, 23:17   #21
NMG26

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
You think if people can't bother to read the stickies and don't get the rules they should be catered to because they have so much to offer?

Mnnnnn...NO. If their comprehension skills, or respect for the rules, are so low I'd rather not read their drivel. I applaud management for not lowering the bar so the functionally illiterate, or those who want to use another forum incorrectly to get attention for a thread to be moved aren't coddled.
People learn as they go. If my thread was moved once or twice I would catch on. Not to be condescending.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
NMG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 23:37   #22
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG26 View Post
Is it that hard to move a thread?

Why not move them instead of locking them. Folks would get the message that way.

It depends on the forum. Off-topic threads in General Glocking will be closed. Eric states that in the Announcement: DO NOT Post Off-Topic Threads Here - Please Read at the top of the forum page...
Quote:
Quote:
Folks, this forum is here for the discussion of Glock pistols, Glock parts and accessories and other things DIRECTLY related to Glock pistols. Unlike most other forums on this site, this forum needs to stay on-topic. Please do not make off-topic posts here. If you do, they will be closed and you will be warned. If you do so repeatedly, you will no longer be allowed to post here.
Thanks. Eric
In other forums, closing or moving may be determined by what is perceived to be the poster's intent.

Honestly, some people do not get the message.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 23:45   #23
NMG26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
It depends on the forum. Off-topic threads in General Glocking will be closed. Eric states that in the Announcement: DO NOT Post Off-Topic Threads Here - Please Read at the top of the forum page...In other forums, closing or moving may be determined by what is perceived to be the poster's intent.

Honestly, some people do not get the message.
You know I did not see that sticky until someone mentioned it in a thread. I have a habit of going strait to "new posts" after logging in. I hardly ever go to a particular forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
NMG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 23:53   #24
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
There is something to what G19G20 is saying. This forum is almost seems like the dirty backroom in a bookstore. I would actually prefer reading about civil liberties in GNG because you get more diverse opinions. Civil Liberties is the same old boring libertarians vs. police.
Have you communicated those thoughts to Eric?

So you and others do not participate back here because of the libertarians posting here?

But it would be okay for the exact same topic about LE to be discussed in GNG with the same libertarians participating there?
Quote:
If you're looking at it from a business standpoint, then don't be so controlling. The best forums let the dynamics unfold. I never see any closed threads in libertarian forums. The cussing eventually gets sickening, so people cut it out. Even those big government, controlling pansies at DU allow profanity.
You might want to review
Quote:
XVII. Posting Guidelines - GlockTalk Community Guidelines.
Quote:
2. No foul language. We are trying to maintain a familt environment and such language is not appropriate or necessary.
Your business plan and Eric's business plan do not seem to match. But, again, have you communicated your desire to remove Rule #2?
Quote:
And hit-and-run propaganda? LOL. Instead of being conspiracy theorists, how about acting like businessmen? The simple psychology of human behavior and younger generations with shorter attention spans means thread interest dramatically falls off very quickly. Look also at simple things like website design. The fact that your display options defaults to last 10 days only means that people will come to Civil Liberties, see three threads, and never dig any deeper. They assume nothing is happening because your promotion was lacking and made activity invisible.
Again, have you communicated this directly to Eric, or is there a purpose to placing these ideas back here where nobody comes?

Old 04-24-2013, 00:00   #25
RussP

Quote:
Oh boy, what are you going to do, give him a virtual disorderly conduct?
Oh, no, that would have absolutely no effect on *ASH*.
Quote:
The financial life of GT is going to be pretty miserable unless you adopt a business model over your obsession model. Discussion forums are a dime-a-dozen. ARF.com is burying you guys the way Asian countries are burying the U.S., yet you continue to do chest thumping just like doofus Americans.
I have a feeling that you have not communicated your thoughts to Eric. Would you like for me to pass them on?

Old 04-24-2013, 00:15   #26
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
and when was the last time i posted any topic in GNG about leo ... A LONGGGGGGGG TIME AGO
How about February 5th and February 6th, 2013. Do you remember back that far? Remember what happened?
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
i follow the rules here and will continue .

See you around...

Old 04-24-2013, 00:19   #27
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG26 View Post
People learn as they go. If my thread was moved once or twice I would catch on. Not to be condescending.

As I said before, some people do not get the hint.

There are others that honestly post a thread knowing it will be locked. They consider locked threads some sort of internet street cred.

Old 04-24-2013, 00:31   #28
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
If it's a thread worthy of input, I imagine most people don't care what forum it's in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool64 View Post
That's the way I see it.
Yeah, me too, but there are many members who only post in a very limited number of forums.

Some will not post in Political Issues, but will participate in a politically oriented thread in GNG.

Some people will not participate in Religious Issues, but will discuss religion in other areas

There are other example...

A lot of the time, members like to post where they know they have like minded GTers to support them, no matter what, and they will not post anywhere they feel they'll have to defend themselves by themselves.

Old 04-24-2013, 00:40   #29
OldSchool64
Platinum Membership

Quote:
... A lot of the time, members like to post where they know they have like minded GTers to support them, no matter what, and they will not post anywhere they feel they'll have to defend themselves by themselves.
Don't know what to say and/or think about that,
except maybe they should read my signature...
OldSchool64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 23:34   #30
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

My answers in blue.

Quote:
No. What incentive do you offer for this?

Your business plan and Eric's business plan do not seem to match. We are trying to maintain a family environment...
Oh, come on now. Run your site the way you see fit, but family atmosphere? Either this website is owned by Dan Quayle or you must think your members are from the crochet club.

NorthCarolinaLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 23:36   #31
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

Quote:
Yeah, me too, but there are many members who only post in a very limited number of forums.

Some will not post in Political Issues, but will participate in a politically oriented thread in GNG.

Some people will not participate in Religious Issues, but will discuss religion in other areas

There are other example...

A lot of the time, members like to post where they know they have like minded GTers to support them, no matter what, and they will not post anywhere they feel they'll have to defend themselves by themselves.
Or, perhaps more likely, many members post in a limited number of forums as a built-in way to manage their time.
NorthCarolinaLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:17   #32
RussP

Quote:
Or, perhaps more likely, many members post in a limited number of forums as a built-in way to manage their time.
Thanks, I knew I forgot one...

Old 04-25-2013, 05:46   #33
RussP

Quote:
My answers in blue.Originally Posted by RussP
No. What incentive do you offer for this?

Your business plan and Eric's business plan do not seem to match. We are trying to maintain a family environment...
Oh, come on now. Run your site the way you see fit, but family atmosphere? Either this website is owned by Dan Quayle or you must think your members are from the crochet club.
Incentive? Atmosphere? Let's ask Eric.