Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:33   #26
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

I can be a very articulate person. I have friends that call me when they have political questions, or seek me out to put an end to a political argument between them and another. However, in that case I think a well placed "GFY" would have been called for.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:44   #27
Glock30Eric
.45 ACP

Does she lives in Texas? That is so wrong!
Glock30Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:45   #28
mtnglide

As they say, you can pick your friends but not your family.
mtnglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:49   #29
Quigley
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUAdman View Post
No, it was at my brother's house. It's his step-mother. She's usually not this crazy, so I dont know what sent her off the edge. They have guns in her house, and my nephew was running around with a little toy rifle as we were talking.

She did, before going to the bedroom, confront some of my liberal cousins - who are avid hunters and fishers. They dont have kids so I guess it's okay for them in her mind.
That's something that you dont hear to often in the same sentence. I know of plenty of Fudds that hunt, the I dont have any use for an Assault Weapon type, but even most of them are progun/ conservative.

GREEN IS THE NEW RED
Quigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:53   #30
KalashniKEV

I did the same with a frothy mouthed lib recently, just for my own amusement.

My favorite quote was:

Quote:
"You're just hiding behind the Second Amendment!! Tell that to the parents of those little kids!!!1!"
Yup. That's me. Hiding behind my constitutionally protected freedoms.

Call me when the Obamunist reign of terror is over and it's safe to come out.

Last edited by KalashniKEV; 04-22-2013 at 12:54..
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:57   #31
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
I know of plenty of Fudds that hunt, the I dont have any use for an Assault Weapon type, but even most of them are progun/ conservative.
Your part of Virginia must not be anywhere near mine.

Plenty of "True Sportsman" gentleman types up here.
Old 04-22-2013, 13:00   #32
Batesmotel

My wife was still in the hospital, just having had our first child. I was back at home setting up the last of the babies room when my wife's mother, grandmother and sisters all come over.

They came over with the pretense of setting up the babies room and cleaning the house for me. Everything was already finished except bringing them home in the morning.

Then the real reason they were there came out.

They wanted to take my dog and guns before my daughter got there. They were going to use cleaning the house as a ruse to find the guns and take my cocker spaniel to the pound.

The best thing is I now have many more guns, another dog, birds more kids and because her family hates animals and guns they never come over!

I Win!
Old 04-22-2013, 13:01   #33
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUAdman View Post
Take also that this is a 60 year old woman who's never had a child.
Thank the lord!

stolenphot0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 13:03   #34
LSUAdman
Pew Pew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock30Eric View Post
Does she lives in Texas? That is so wrong!
They did for about 40 years, but now they live in Florida. They do fly over for holidays. Like I said, normally she doesnt act this way. I have NO idea what caused that.

I'd say it was the alcohol, but I dont think I've ever seen her sober!
Old 04-22-2013, 13:04   #35
Pawcatch@aol.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batesmotel View Post
My wife was still in the hospital, just having had our first child. I was back at home setting up the last of the babies room when my wife's mother, grandmother and sisters all come over.

They came over with the pretense of setting up the babies room and cleaning the house for me. Everything was already finished except bringing them home in the morning.

They wanted to take my dog and guns before my daughter got there. They were going to use cleaning the house as a ruse to find the guns and take my cocker spaniel to the pound.

The best thing is I now have many more guns, another dog, birds more kids and because her family hates animals and guns they never come over!

I Win!
Did they know that taking your guns would have been a felony?
Pawcatch@aol.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 13:06   #36
LSUAdman
Pew Pew

Quote:
That's something that you dont hear to often in the same sentence. I know of plenty of Fudds that hunt, the I dont have any use for an Assault Weapon type, but even most of them are progun/ conservative.
They're from Louisiana. Growing up it wasnt unusual to have you're hunting rifle hanging over your bed. I dont talk guns much with these cousins, but I did hear him tell her they had three or so shotguns for duck hunting.

He's a principle and his wife is a school teacher...So they dont have kids, but they do take care of them! She gave them an ear full too, but I had already move to the kitchen by that time.

I spent my hour arguing. I was done!
Old 04-22-2013, 13:09   #37
LSUAdman
Pew Pew

Quote:

I Win!
That is just...insane. I don't know what I would have done if seeing that. Having my mother in law live with us for three weeks was enough torture when my kiddo was born...if she moved my guns or manhandled my pets...

Ironically, and I might have posted this earlier - the week before my son was born I went to a gunshow. I saw this little, non-functioning cap and ball derringer. Guy said he wanted $20 for it. We were doing a "nautical" theme for his room, so I got it for him.

It sits above his changing table, and is lovingly called "dah auld gun." Even at this age he knows not to touch the trigger. You gotta start early, and often. Just like the alphabet and anything else worth learning.
Old 04-22-2013, 13:15   #38
Pwhfirefighter

Well, does that mean I am a bad parent for introducing my 12 y/o to an AR-15 yesterday?

Seeing his face, after he burned through 30 rounds rather quickly, and him turning around and saying "AWESOME" was PRICELESS!

OP, you handled that very well, sounds like.
Pwhfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 13:17   #39
Batesmotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawcatch@aol.co View Post
Did they know that taking your guns would have been a felony?
Don't think so and they didn't care. In their eyes I am only the father. What say do I have in raising my kids?
Old 04-22-2013, 13:22   #40
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude

Quote:

I Win!
I'm sorry lol. Thats pretty bad. Glad you kept the high ground!
BicycleDay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 13:39   #41
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
If you really want to hear some hatred being spewed, bring an AK to bench-rest day at our range. Pelosi could learn a thing or two from those guys. One of these guys came over to the open range side just to berate our "kid-killing punk guns" HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 14:22   #42
Glocksanity

I just sit in amusement at irrationality.

Have not emotional attachment to their insanity and enjoy the madness!

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!
Glocksanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 14:32   #43
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:

I Win!
Are these the same three who tried to kidnap your wife on your wedding day? HH

Old 04-22-2013, 14:35   #44
Quigley
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
Your part of Virginia must not be anywhere near mine.

Plenty of "True Sportsman" gentleman types up here.
I'm in Chesapeake. Down here if you hunt you're conservative. I don't know any that aren't and I know a lot of hunters. The liberals down here are city liberals and hate the redneckery of the rest of us.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

GREEN IS THE NEW RED
Old 04-22-2013, 14:41   #45
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
One of these guys came over to the open range side just to berate our "kid-killing punk guns" HH
One time I was all packed up and retrieving my target from downrange ~150m when a Fudd (in Fudd costume, even!) showed up at the an unstaffed public range.

I was wearing an orange reflector vest, neatly dressed, and gave a wave to let him see I was walking back with an E-type silhouette under my arm.

I said hello to him in passing and he had this totally pissed off look on his face.

"That's a funny looking deer!"

I must have had the most incredulous look on my face as I replied, "I don't hunt."

This seemed to make him even more mad, and I was even more confused standing in front of him now scratching my head... then I understood, and I'm like, "OHHHH! Hahahahahaha!!!"

By now he was clearly about to blow his lid because I was making fun of him, so I just got the heck out of there as fast as I could!

Luckily I don't have to go to those types of places anymore...
Old 04-22-2013, 14:44   #46
KalashniKEV

Quote:
I'm in Chesapeake. Down here if you hunt you're conservative. I don't know any that aren't and I know a lot of hunters.
The Okie Corral

...and further north on Long Island, I don't know very many hunters who are conservative.
Old 04-22-2013, 14:44   #47
Batesmotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Are these the same three who tried to kidnap your wife on your wedding day? HH
Yep.

They had an up and coming attorney all picked out for her to marry. They never let me forget I married up.

If we ever meet, just ask my wife about it. She can go on for hours about crap her family has pulled.

Mine were no better. In some cases worse, but I can't stand most of my relatives so I just broke contact with them.

Last edited by Batesmotel; 04-22-2013 at 14:47..
Batesmotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 14:51   #48
ustate
NRA Member

Sounds like my sister in law. When our first daughter made her debut she tried to pulling that "get the guns out" crap. Now that she has a kid (and another on the way) she and her husband won't celebrate Christmas/Easter or any other holiday due to the Christian/religious overtones and she and my wife have decided to agree that they don't approve how the other raises their kids and they leave it all alone.
Old 04-22-2013, 15:01   #49
Quigley
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
The Okie Corral

...and further north on Long Island, I don't know very many hunters who are conservative.
Here if you hunt you're probably a redneck and I've never met a liberal redneck. Now white trash is a different story, plenty of govt check white trash liberals too but they don't hunt.

Hunters here drive big trucks flooded with, NRA, confederate flag, browning, NASCAR, and every other redneck bumper sticker you can think of. Just figured it was that way everywhere

GREEN IS THE NEW RED
Old 04-22-2013, 15:08   #50
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:

Hunters here drive big trucks flooded with, NRA, confederate flag, browning, NASCAR, and every other redneck bumper sticker you can think of. Just figured it was that way everywhere

You can't even swing a dead cat at the trailheads here on opening day without hitting Subarus. HH