Old 04-22-2013, 08:14   #1
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Missouri House of Reps Passes Powerful Nullification of Federal Gun Grab

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...deral-gun-grab

-er- WOW.

Quote:
(1) All federal acts, laws, orders, rules, and regulations, whether past, present, or future, which infringe on the people's right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and Article I, Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution shall be invalid in this state, shall not be recognized by this state, shall be specifically rejected by this state, and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in this state.

(2) Such federal acts, laws, orders, rules, and regulations include, but are not limited to:

(a) The provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1934;

(b) The provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1968;

(c) Any tax, levy, fee, or stamp imposed on firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition not common to all other goods and services which could have a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;

(d) Any registering or tracking of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition which could have a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;

(e) Any registering or tracking of the owners of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition which could have a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;

(f) Any act forbidding the possession, ownership, or use or transfer of any type of firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition by law-abiding citizens; and

(g) Any act ordering the confiscation of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition from law-abiding citizens.
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:44   #2
Doc McGlock

Double WOW! Way to go Missouri!
Doc McGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:49   #3
USMCsilver
I Like Monkeys

Send a message via AIM to USMCsilver Send a message via Yahoo to USMCsilver
I sure hope other states have the balls to follow.

"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat! I'm goin' out to sea..." (Jimmy Buffett covering Lovett)
USMCsilver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:58   #4
MaxxAction

Looks like missouri is at war with itself...

just a couple of weeks ago the State police released records of gun ownership and concealed carry to the feds. This is going to get interesting.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:07   #5
Mass10mm
Armed Yankee

As audacious as this legislation appears to be, it is merely legislative self-pleasuring. It is without legal effect. The US Attorney General will enforce Federal laws within Missouri as he sees fit, and this legislation has no effect on Federal law.

If you think that state laws trump Federal laws, consider the effects of Federal desegregation laws as applied in Mississippi in 1965. When local authorities tried to stop school desegregation, the Federal government sent in troops to enforce the law.

Last edited by Mass10mm; 04-22-2013 at 10:07..
Mass10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:08   #6
Jim85IROC

Amazing. It's one thing to pass a bill denouncing future gun grabs, but to denounce the NFA is very surprising. Let's see if this bill will actually go anywhere though.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:12   #7
JMarch
♩. ♪ ♫ ♪ ♬♩

That would be nice to see everywhere...
JMarch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:09   #8
LEOson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxAction View Post
Looks like missouri is at war with itself...

just a couple of weeks ago the State police released records of gun ownership and concealed carry to the feds. This is going to get interesting.
To be fair, the concealed carry thing didn't go through the house. That was through the DoR and our lying, kniving governor.
LEOson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:12   #9
M2 Carbine

Go Missouri.
M2 Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:15   #10
kensb2
pistol n00b

They forgot aboUt '86....would this mean you could turn your ar-15 into a full auto and not be arrested for not having a tax stamp if it never left the state? Would the state go to bat for someone arrested by the Feds? This is interesting...

Last edited by kensb2; 04-22-2013 at 11:24.. Reason: SP
kensb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:22   #11
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

Gotta make it thru the senate and get signed by the Governor still

Click HERE
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:23   #12
John Rambo
Raven

Yeah, they're getting their highway funding cut.
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:24   #13
mnglocker
Rope Czar

Send a message via AIM to mnglocker

██████ ██ ████ ██ ████ ██████████ ██!?!?!?!?

This comment has been found in violation of H.R. 624, #CISPA and has been removed.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:48   #14
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick

We had our annual Rally Day at the Capitol that day. It was good to see it get passed on the same day we had the rally in the Capitol. The House tried to tie it to the visit. There were about 40 House/Senate members who stopped to briefly speak.

As for enforcing...we'll see what happens in the senate. The MO House and Senate are majority, veto proof, Republicans. The Governor is a Democrat; so is the Attorney General. However, they are both enthralled in the scanning of documents and releasing the CCW list to the SSA. So it will be interesting. This appears to have some serious political damage to both.

I hope the Senate passes this this year.

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:58   #15
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
I sure hope other states have the balls to follow.
Sadly there are a couple that won't...
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:10   #16
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Did MO repeal any of its own laws which mirror federal ones?

Or are there still prohibited persons, required permits and gun free zones?
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:17   #17
Tiro Fijo

All this is is just chest pounding for if the Feds cut off the gravy any state would be on its knees. No state, I repeat, NO STATE can make it without Federal monies. Period. We have become totally dependent on Federal aid. He who controls the purse strings calls the shots.
Tiro Fijo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:23   #18
HiddenEyes
It can be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass10mm View Post
As audacious as this legislation appears to be, it is merely legislative self-pleasuring. It is without legal effect. The US Attorney General will enforce Federal laws within Missouri as he sees fit, and this legislation has no effect on Federal law.

If you think that state laws trump Federal laws, consider the effects of Federal desegregation laws as applied in Mississippi in 1965. When local authorities tried to stop school desegregation, the Federal government sent in troops to enforce the law.

"...deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed..."

Sooner or later states will stand up and say what is legal and what is not. Not just 2A stuff either. There are so many areas where the feds are out of touch with reality and getting in the way of economic properity that states are getting pretty upset. Not just right leaning states either, there are some pretty leftist states that are starting to question why they send so much money to DC to see almost no practical return.

It is my hope that over the next couple of decades this will sort itself out peacefully through the legislative process. Many congress critters know what their states want and are working to find some middle ground that balances everything out, the need for a national government, while letting states prosper and grow.

Bills like this are a way for a state to express their disapproval and dismissing it as meaningless is shortsighted and uninformed. It also shows a lack of historical knowledge.

Mr. HE

Moi Нет sprechen español
HiddenEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:29   #19
Bruce M

I would be far happier if a state passed a law similar to this but aimed at at federal income and social security tax.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 17:28   #20
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Yep... Well show ya.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 17:40   #21
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

So, no more 4473's?
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 18:08   #22
Kevinr20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnglocker View Post
██████ ██ ████ ██ ████ ██████████ ██!?!?!?!?

This comment has been found in violation of H.R. 624, #CISPA and has been removed.
What's with seeing this all over the web today?

Sent from my DROID RAZR
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams, August 20, 1789
Kevinr20 is online now   Reply With Quote