Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:58   #1
VonHoffmann

My First Pocket Gun - LCP

Picked up my first pocket gun this week and am very pleasantly surprised.

I live in Ft. Worth Texas where we wear shorts 6 months out of the year and 4 of those months are very very hot. I have always found myself not carrying as much during the hot months due to the heat and the ability to conceal becoming more difficult. Here in Texas it is a big No No if you print so the option of concealing my glock 26 under a t-shirt can be difficult. Plus with the heat wearing a cover garment, like a hawaiian shirt or 5.11 button down, becomes to much for someone who is naturally prone to sweat.

As a result I decided to pick up a pocket gun and had decided on the Ruger LCP due to it's great reviews, reliability and while I would like to own a Sig 238 I don't want to pay the price tag for it (i have both a son and a wife in college and i am the single wage earner).

I picket up an extra mag and the DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster to go with my "starter package." I have been very excited about how easy it is to conceal in my front pocket of both shorts and jeans (and i don't wear baggy jeans). In addition to the son in college I also have a 3 year old son and a 5 year old girl (starting over General Firearms Forum). I love the fact that i can be carrying this pistol and not think twice about picking one of my kids up to hold in public for fear of printing.

I do miss carrying a larger caliber/higher capacity weapon but I now have no excuse not to carry 7 days a week even at home!

I will never again be a sheep!

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum
VonHoffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:12   #2
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy

Congrats on a fantastic firearm!! Mine is in my front pocket as we speak.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:20   #3
Pier23

The pocket mouseguns are the perfect thing to have with you ALL the time, no excuses!

Mine is the KelTec P3AT, and the KT fanbois claim that Ruger just wholesale ripped off the P3 design due to poor patent filings. No idea if that has any truth, but it makes for a good reason for the P3 folks to peer down their working man's noses at those who choose press popularity over everyday functionality <gggggg>

I have played with the LCP, you will really enjoy it. congrats!
Pier23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:07   #4
TxYankee

I like you am in TX with an infant son. I also picked up a pocket gun yesterday. A S&W Bodyguard. My question is do you like your nemesis? Also, I am a lefty and was wondering if its ambidextrous? Enjoy your new purchase this summer. I know I will
TxYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:39   #5
TexasPOff
"Dump The Hump"

I have two of them and they are outstanding for their intended purpose. I pocket carry mine as well even when I am carrying my 19 off duty. FWIW, I actually ran our standard LE qualification course with mine including the 25 yard shots. I put everything in the 8, 9, and 10 with both of them. For a pocket pistol, they are almost unbelievably accurate. I have never had an issue with either of them. I carry one, a hard chromed version and my wife carries the other, standard black. She is a lefty and has no issues qualifying with them either.

TXPO
Certainly, Certifiable

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
"DUMP THE HUMP"

Last edited by TexasPOff; 04-21-2013 at 12:42..
TexasPOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:43   #6
porschedog

My Elsie is perfect for warm-weather carry
I added a font sight that I can actually see and the accuracy -in my hands-is fine out to 15 yards
I have no complaints.

NRA Life Member / Creepy-Ass Cracker
Florida Glockers #172126
porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 14:23   #7
C.O.

Congrats. While maybe not the best caliber, they are just about perfect as a CCW. Mine sits in my pocket as I type this.
C.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 14:25   #8
bac1023

Very nice

Congrats!

bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 14:25   #9
vettely

I use the exact same set up as yours (and a LCR).
Old 04-21-2013, 14:58   #10
Cole125
Silver Membership

Congrats, a .380 in the front pocket beats a .45 left at home any day.

I have a Kahr P380 which is about the same size as the LCP and it goes with me everyday even if I am carrying a bigger gun.

Also look into getting a Crimson Trace laser for your LCP, I have one on my P380 and it really improves my accuracy.
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 17:46   #11
DrRobert

I have an lcp and just bought some federal hydra shok HP for it. I'm having a lot of problems getting it to chamber a round reliably. Shoots fmj fine.
DrRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 17:55   #12
DanRoid

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1366588500.138144.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	232864

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 04-21-2013, 17:55   #13
VonHoffmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxYankee View Post
I like you am in TX with an infant son. I also picked up a pocket gun yesterday. A S&W Bodyguard. My question is do you like your nemesis? Also, I am a lefty and was wondering if its ambidextrous? Enjoy your new purchase this summer. I know I will
So far the nemesis seems just fine. I have only had it since Thursday but it fits both cargo shorts and levi 501 front pockts just fine. It also does not seem to come out with the gun during my practice draw drills.

At this point i don't see the need for any other holster.

It is ambidextrous. The picture of the holster above is actually the back side of the holster and the front side is exactly the same.

See you around town brother!
Old 04-21-2013, 17:58   #14
DanRoid

I bought this DiamondBack 9mm (DB9) after I sold my LCP. I liked the LCP, but I like the 9mm round better. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1366588702.679698.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	232865

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 04-21-2013, 18:26   #15
mikegun

Congrats, great little gun, I have an lcp w laser on same,i hate to say it but I think u will find eventually the nemesis will print, you should think about a leather back poc wallet, flap, holster. NO PRINT EVER IN FRONT OR BACK POCKET..
Old 04-21-2013, 19:36   #16
VonHoffmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegun View Post
Congrats, great little gun, I have an lcp w laser on same,i hate to say it but I think u will find eventually the nemesis will print, you should think about a leather back poc wallet, flap, holster. NO PRINT EVER IN FRONT OR BACK POCKET..
Thanks for the insight! Do you have a recomendation and link for a good leather back pocket wallet?

Last edited by VonHoffmann; 04-21-2013 at 19:38..
Old 04-23-2013, 10:13   #17
mikegun

yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonHoffmann View Post
Thanks for the insight! Do you have a recomendation and link for a good leather back pocket wallet?
Sure TALON TRAINING GROOP makes an excellent leather back pocket holster, also POCKETHOLSTERS>COM, about the same, also STONER HOLSTERS makes a good one, with STONER being the cheapest...let me know what y think, I have had all three at one time or another.. BTW TALON has a few demos on u tube if you want to see them and how they work, STONER has one or 2 as well..

Last edited by mikegun; 04-23-2013 at 10:17..
mikegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:16   #18
donmor53

Nice weapon...nice choice!

To me the Nemesis is the best pocket holster around for a small pocket auto. Not only is it a good product...it's extremely reasonably priced for it's funtion.
donmor53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:29   #19
wjv

Regarding printing.

I went to a local craft store and bought a 8.5"x11" sheet of 1/4 inch heavy art foam for a couple bucks. I cut out a small rectangle, maybe 2"x4-5" and I slip that in front of my holster. It breaks up any printing, and since it's only 2" tall, it doesn't interfere with the holster or the drawing of the gun.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 14:03   #20
rednoved
NRA Member

Congrats on your choice. I love how easy my LCP conceals. I use the DeSantis Nemesis for my LCP most of time. I use the Ruger magazine finger extension and the Hogue LCP grip on mine. I have pretty good sized hands so that combo makes this gun a lot easier to get a good grip and shoot comfortably.
General Firearms Forum

What kind of ammo do you carry, or plan to carry?

BTW. I really haven't had an issue with printing. There are days there is obviously something in my pocket, but most people would think it's just another large smartphone.
rednoved is offline   Reply With Quote