SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2013, 09:58   #1
VonHoffmann

My First Pocket Gun - LCP

Picked up my first pocket gun this week and am very pleasantly surprised.

I live in Ft. Worth Texas where we wear shorts 6 months out of the year and 4 of those months are very very hot. I have always found myself not carrying as much during the hot months due to the heat and the ability to conceal becoming more difficult. Here in Texas it is a big No No if you print so the option of concealing my glock 26 under a t-shirt can be difficult. Plus with the heat wearing a cover garment, like a hawaiian shirt or 5.11 button down, becomes to much for someone who is naturally prone to sweat.

As a result I decided to pick up a pocket gun and had decided on the Ruger LCP due to it's great reviews, reliability and while I would like to own a Sig 238 I don't want to pay the price tag for it (i have both a son and a wife in college and i am the single wage earner).

I picket up an extra mag and the DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster to go with my "starter package." I have been very excited about how easy it is to conceal in my front pocket of both shorts and jeans (and i don't wear baggy jeans). In addition to the son in college I also have a 3 year old son and a 5 year old girl (starting over General Firearms Forum). I love the fact that i can be carrying this pistol and not think twice about picking one of my kids up to hold in public for fear of printing.

I do miss carrying a larger caliber/higher capacity weapon but I now have no excuse not to carry 7 days a week even at home!

I will never again be a sheep!

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum
VonHoffmann is offline   Reply With Quote