GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-21-2012, 14:54   #21
ZO6Vettever

Almost everything I read is BAD. KelTec started out that same way and has got better but I myself would steer clear.

Remember, we're all on the same side!

Army Vet Dec 1965 - Dec 1971
ZO6Vettever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 15:36   #22
Bruce M

While I do not believe everything I hear, I have heard enough bad to avoid the Diamondback.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 15:48   #23
wjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by md2lgyk View Post
I know they're relatively new on the market, but does anyone own one or have any experience with one? Their 9mm seems too small to be true.
One of the few times when "You're better off buying a Taurus", is good advice!

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 21:08   #24
RYT 2BER

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjv View Post
One of the few times when "You're better off buying a Taurus", is good advice!
This......
Old 09-21-2012, 22:49   #25
rickbaales

I was wondering when there was going to be another diamondback bashing thread. It's been almost a week! That proves DB's quality control is improving.

Really, I agree with wk9 and I would be worried about using a DB in a defensive situation.
rickbaales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 22:58   #26
CDR_Glock

They're actually not too bad, unless you want one to shoot.

My YouTube Channel:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
CDR_Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:50   #27
RYT 2BER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickbaales View Post
I was wondering when there was going to be another diamondback bashing thread. It's been almost a week! That proves DB's quality control is improving.

Really, I agree with wk9 and I would be worried about using a DB in a defensive situation.
Here is the scary part. With posts at a ratio of 25 bad: 1 good (all over the Internet), people STILL go out and buy them.

Amazing what they could have done as a company if they didn't blow it out of the gate.

Last edited by RYT 2BER; 09-22-2012 at 06:50..
RYT 2BER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:50   #28
Broiler Monster

I have a DB9 that I like a lot. It is reliable with 115 gr ammo. I carry the Critical Defense 9mm load. Guess what.......It's not a Glock 26. But it is less than half the size and less than half the weight. I like mine. I bought it lightly used for less than 300 from a guy that found it to be too small and light for him. I think mine is a good gun for the money. It makes a good ankle gun.
Old 09-22-2012, 20:51   #29
Myke_Hart
Handloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wk9k View Post
I hope your not using those for your personal/family protection. But just something to mess around with at the range or for a paperweight. I am totally done with db and it didnt take me long to realize they suck at making pistols and go the cheap route. Unlike some people that just doesnt get it in their heads that they are junk and to just stop wasting their time sending their guns back just to have to send it back a few more times...like I said their critical parts are MIM and since this is a really small 9mm, the parts are really small. Now those MIM parts have a greater chance of breaking. They should have used machined bar stock steel and beef them up. For $400 you'de think they would use better materials. Just saying.
I have been around firearms all my life and ALL new firearms companies go thru a teething phase. Some make it thru it and some don't. I can name quite a few that went thru the same issues. Look at the history of the Bren Ten and I am still looking for one.

I think DB has a solid idea and they have made some major changes to the guns design and parts. They also have a lifetime warranty so your not really risking anything other than your time. IMO, They are helping to innovate the mouse gun industry.

As for using them to protect my family, of course. If a gun can run flawless for as many rounds as I have put thru it. It's good enough to carry. This is why I am not carrying my DB9 yet... I don't have enough rounds thru it. I did the same with my Naa Guardian, my keltec p3at, DB380, and working with the DB9. After that I will add and work with the Kahr Pm/Cm9 to see how it functions. My mouse gun collection grows each year.

As for MIM, you will find that if done properly the MIM parts are just as durable than their machined counter parts. MIM parts usually have tighter tolerances, produce less waste, and can be made faster. Hence the part can be made cheaper. Like anything done improperly, parts can and will fail, machined or otherwise. Read about MIM here http://www.flomet.com/capabilities_metal_injection.php

My dream goal for a company... any company... to be motivated to produce the smallest, most powerful (cal), lightest, most reliable mouse gun possible.

I will support any gun company that says "I think I can do it better!" or "ABC company refuses to make it, so we will!"

Just my thoughts..

Got Guns? Does she know about it?

Last edited by Myke_Hart; 09-22-2012 at 20:57..
Myke_Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 22:52   #30
wk9k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke_Hart View Post
I have been around firearms all my life and ALL new firearms companies go thru a teething phase. Some make it thru it and some don't. I can name quite a few that went thru the same issues. Look at the history of the Bren Ten and I am still looking for one.

I think DB has a solid idea and they have made some major changes to the guns design and parts. They also have a lifetime warranty so your not really risking anything other than your time. IMO, They are helping to innovate the mouse gun industry.

As for using them to protect my family, of course. If a gun can run flawless for as many rounds as I have put thru it. It's good enough to carry. This is why I am not carrying my DB9 yet... I don't have enough rounds thru it. I did the same with my Naa Guardian, my keltec p3at, DB380, and working with the DB9. After that I will add and work with the Kahr Pm/Cm9 to see how it functions. My mouse gun collection grows each year.

As for MIM, you will find that if done properly the MIM parts are just as durable than their machined counter parts. MIM parts usually have tighter tolerances, produce less waste, and can be made faster. Hence the part can be made cheaper. Like anything done improperly, parts can and will fail, machined or otherwise. Read about MIM here http://www.flomet.com/capabilities_metal_injection.php

My dream goal for a company... any company... to be motivated to produce the smallest, most powerful (cal), lightest, most reliable mouse gun possible.

I will support any gun company that says "I think I can do it better!" or "ABC company refuses to make it, so we will!"

Just my thoughts..
Here is my thread on diamondback forum..my db9 i had..trigger literally broke in pieces after 250~rds normal 115g ball ammo.

http://www.diamondbacktalk.com/forum...t=wk9k&start=0

Yes its good that they are the first to actually make a 9mm of this size and weight. I really like pocket pistols especially in 9mm and I understand about the MIM, yes if done correctly it will hold up..but for how long. Eventually yours will break. Eventually. And so what they are made in the USA. Thats good but wheres the quality. And then scott perrin from db said they were coming up with a fix for the trigger breaking so everyone was told on the forum a while ago..a "trigger axis pin"...come to find out all it was was just a pin made for easier removal of the trigger assembly. im done.
wk9k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:51   #31
raggededge

I own two Glock 27's and one #22 and dearly love them BUT for pocket carry even the 27 are too large. I bought the Diamondback .380 from Just Glocks in a nearby town in Texas. Love the way it has copied many of the functions of my Glocks and this was my daily carry along with the CrimsonTrace laser. When some trouble developed I was able to talk directly to the gunsmith who sent me a tag to return it. A few weeks later back in the fold fully repaired. My new daily carry is the Diamondback DB9 carried daily in my front pocket in a holster with an extra magazine. When I say carry I'm in dress slacks dressed as though going to church. No one has noticed that I'm carrying. Still have the DB.380 for my wife. The recoil even from the 9mm is very controllable and I love the fact that service if needed it they treat you right. Some others may have different opinions but for me am very pleased.
raggededge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:17   #32
mike g35

DB's are crap. I owned one for a while, after 200 rounds it failed in just about every way you could imagine. I've had people tell me theirs shoot great, but i have yet to SEE one do so. I firmly believe a carry gun should run flawlessly, that's why I carry a G26. (Sometimes a M11-A1, if the situation permits) Buy a M&P Shield, Sig P938, or an XDs if you wanna go small. You'll thank me later.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by mike g35; 04-17-2013 at 08:18..
mike g35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:12   #33
ashecht

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
I've neither of owned nor shot one, but the one I looked at at Academy a couple of days ago was spitting metal shavings out the magwell when I racked the slide.

Not only that, but I've read dozens, if not hundreds, of horror stories about them for every single good (or even neutral) report.
Holy *****, that CAN'T BE GOOD!
Ruger SR1911 Commander
Colt LE6920
ashecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 14:45   #34
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

THIS ... is a real Diamondback .....

General Firearms Forum

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 20:22   #35
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircarver View Post
THIS ... is a real Diamondback .....
Fixed it for ya.....

General Firearms Forum

"I was part of a 10-person team at the human genome project that weaponized diseases to fight weaponized diseases. Pathogenic microorganisms with pathogenic microorganisms. Fire with fire. Interdepartmental drinks were had, relationships made..."
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 20:24   #36
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote