Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-17-2013, 15:43   #1
Bill Bloggins

A Ray of Light on primers

My local Sportsman's Warehouse in PDX had a not bad selection of primers in stock today: a few bricks of small pistol and same again for small pistol magnum, and a few boxes of match small pistol, and some rifle also. I bought a couple of bricks- my first luck in weeks. And this was around noon- normally it seems any stock is long gone by this time of day.

Along with the couple of bricks of large pistol magnum primers I ordered online from Midway (wanted regular large pistol but in these times of scarcity will take the magnums gladly), a ray of light in my search for primers has shone. Maybe the time of no primers is passing... maybe the end of day preppers finally feel they have enough of a hoard and feel armageddon is a little farther off... maybe Obama is not coming for their guns after all (and of course never was).
Bill Bloggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 15:51   #2
shotgunred
reloading nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bloggins View Post
maybe the end of day preppers finally feel they have enough of a hoard and feel armageddon is a little farther off... maybe Obama is not coming for their guns after all (and of course never was).
How cute you believe in fairy tails.
and motivated by pride and vanity.
shotgunred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 16:17   #3
Ceapea

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunred View Post
Yeah, seven whole posts...wonder what this guy is up to?
Troll...maybe
Ceapea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 16:47   #4
glockrod
NRA-Endow. Life

Bill, quit smoking crack and posting

As far as primers, I have a local place that got a shipment in recently. Even though they are limiting to one box per day, I have managed 4k SPP.
I am not a hoarder, nor are they ever going to be for sale. I am simply trying to make sure I never run into the same problem everyone has recently. I legitimately have the components to load. Finding the time to load it and shoot it seems to be tougher lately, but I plan on one whale of a good time when I do make it out to my range without being afraid of depleting my ammo.

Last edited by glockrod; 04-17-2013 at 16:47..
glockrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 16:57   #5
KSUGLocker

My favorite LGS has primers. Pretty much every type except SRP. I haven't bought any because I'm resistant to $50/k. How much did you get them for?
Old 04-17-2013, 16:59   #6
KSUGLocker

Obama IS coming for our guns, the GOP in the Senate stopped him....for now.
Old 04-17-2013, 17:08   #7
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunred View Post
Seriously? You walk into a shop & they have a couple 1000 diff primer sizes in stock & you think that is turning the corner? You were just lucky & got there before the guy that needs 5K to shoot over the next 2m did. No boys & girls, this isn't getting better anytime soon. When the online guys are showing stock on something, anything for more than a day, then I will believe the crisis is over.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 17:45   #8
Bill Bloggins

Yeah, so I had a look at a few of your posts... so, when I get 300 more chuntering observations in the bag I'll have cred like you? Call me out on shortcomings on what I have written if you have a counterpoint, but take a higher road than name calling. From what I have seen so far in response to my post I have been classified as a delusional, crack smoking, non-primer accounting, and non-posting troll. Booyah to ya!
Old 04-17-2013, 18:18   #9
Colorado4Wheel

to be fair. Unless the stock survives more then a couple hours it don't mean a thing.
Old 04-17-2013, 19:14   #10
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Yeah, so I had a look at a few of your posts... so, when I get 300 more chuntering observations in the bag I'll have cred like you? Call me out on shortcomings on what I have written if you have a counterpoint, but take a higher road than name calling. From what I have seen so far in response to my post I have been classified as a delusional, crack smoking, non-primer accounting, and non-posting troll. Booyah to ya!
Reloading

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 19:39   #11
bush pilot

Come on you guys, give the OP a break, he's from Oregon. Not just Oregon, western Oregon. If you can look past that part of his resume he's probably an OK guy. At least he isn't from California

Send me your wheel weights, do it for the children.
bush pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 20:19   #12
bballer182

Quote:
Originally Posted by bush pilot View Post
Come on you guys, give the OP a break, he's from Oregon. Not just Oregon, western Oregon. If you can look past that part of his resume he's probably an OK guy. At least he isn't from California
Sometimes I'm ashamed to say I'm from Oregon too. :o Only difference is I live in the sticks on a 30 acre farm 45 miles from Portland. And I ain't no fudge packing, granola crouching, REI shopping, democratic, liberal, ass clown. I love my guns!

Too bad for the rest of the beautiful state of Oregon that 2 counties rule the popular vote and make the rest of us look like liberal ass ******s to the rest of the country.
Old 04-17-2013, 20:25   #13
Rick from Kali

that's not funny BP...i'm from Kalifornia...
Rick
Rick from Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 20:47   #14
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Portland is bluer than blue. Here is the problem with a lot of Portlanders: they culturally cannot fathom supporting conservatives - even if it is in their own interests to do so. So they support losers like Obama because primarily he is not a Republican. Portlanders, for the most part, cannot stand conservatives. It is not because they know much about conservative positions (they don't), it is because it is a mono-culturally engrained and closed-minded point of view.

That is how you get a gun-owning Glock talker talking about primer shortages, and then defending the president and his 2A positions. He defends his dear leader no matter what blatantly obvious evidence is presented. That evidence is clear. The president does not think we should have guns. If he had sufficient political capital he would make it so. This guy is in denial because, of course, BO is a "D", and therefore not an "R" so must be defended at all costs against right-wing extremists.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 20:50   #15
Bill Bloggins

In all deference to the wit of your response WiskyT, I humbly offer you this timeless advice:
Attached Thumbnails
Reloading - Click for larger version  
Old 04-17-2013, 20:53   #16
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
When you're on the Internet... you need to take a left on Whacko Ave. About 2 pages down, there will be DemocraticUnderground.. you'll fit well there.

If you really think Obama was not coming after our guns, as you indicated in your original post... then I don't care if you have 50k posts. All that shows is that you have absolutely no idea what the left is attempting to do to our rights.
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 20:53   #17
Clusterfrack

Are there any left? I've got to get my ass over to Sportsmans ASAP.
Old 04-17-2013, 21:15   #18
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by bush pilot View Post
There are a few of us "normal" people left in Kalif, acutally, more than a few. We are just out numbered by the liberal loons.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 04-17-2013 at 21:16..
Old 04-17-2013, 21:19   #19
fredj338

Quote:
maybe Obama is not coming for their guns after all (and of course never was).
If you truely believe that, then a primer shortage is not your problem. Have you NOT been paying attention to all the antigun legislation being pushed By PBO & the rest of te Libs in the last 3m? He & all liberals have always wanted gun control, to the point of confiscation. To deny that is denying reality. Time for your meds.

Last edited by fredj338; 04-17-2013 at 21:20..
Old 04-17-2013, 21:19   #20
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

I don't know how many they had, but the local Sportsman's Warehouse had primers when they opened on Monday and when I call 2 hours after opening all they had were large rifle.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote