Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-12-2013, 23:10   #1
packeagle

MI Glock Site Tools

I thought it may be cool to compile a list of members in MI with a tool who were willing to meet up with other members to install sights. You bought the pricy tool, might as well put it to use.

I realize this may get some flack (buy your own tool cheapskate!), but the concept would be cool if anyone was willing.

Last edited by packeagle; 04-13-2013 at 14:00..
packeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 18:42   #2
douglasd
CLM Number 164
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by packeagle View Post

I realize this may get some flack (buy your own tool cheapskate!), but the concept would be cool if anyone was willing.
My GLOCK sight tool cost about $50 7 years ago, and I can see why some one wouldn't want to spend that money if they just need one or two sights put on, or just one every two or three years. It really comes in handy, though, if you have several GLOCKs like I do, and you like night sights on most of them. Most gun shops charge way too much for the amount of time it actually takes.

That being said, I would be willing to meet anyone who needs sights installed in the greater Lansing area. It's a 5-10 minute job with the proper tools, and I would not want any money for it.

Just email or PM me and we can set up a time/date!

Although, looking at the date of the OP, I'm not sure there's a big demand for it...
Doug - The necessary consequence of man’s right to life is his right to self-defense. In a civilized society, force may be used only in retaliation and only against those who initiate its use. All the reasons which make the initiation of physical force an evil, make the retaliatory use of physical force a moral imperative. | Ayn Rand - “The Nature of Government,” The Virtue of Selfishness, 108

"When seconds count, the police are just minutes away."

Last edited by douglasd; 08-03-2013 at 18:45..
douglasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 18:59   #3
Boot Stomper

Here is the tool. I do not have one.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/884...ght-tool-glock

Watch for sales, I seen this tool sell for $79.00
Boot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 19:09   #4
douglasd
CLM Number 164
Charter Lifetime Member

That looks about like mine, but I know I didn't pay that much. Just like everything else, the price has apparently gone up...a lot!
Doug - The necessary consequence of man’s right to life is his right to self-defense. In a civilized society, force may be used only in retaliation and only against those who initiate its use. All the reasons which make the initiation of physical force an evil, make the retaliatory use of physical force a moral imperative. | Ayn Rand - “The Nature of Government,” The Virtue of Selfishness, 108

Old 08-03-2013, 19:14   #5
douglasd
CLM Number 164
Charter Lifetime Member

You also need a 3/16" nut driver with thin walls for the front sight for most brands of sights. I had one that I ground down the walls to make it thinner so it fits in the indentation in the slide around the sight screw.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:50   #6
Hunters21w

I had somebody installed Trijicon Night Sights to mine. If I remember correctly, he didn't screw the front sight back on, he glued it. Any idea how you might remove that without breaking it off? Maybe deactivator or heat?
Hunters21w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 19:07   #7
douglasd
CLM Number 164
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters21w View Post
I had somebody installed Trijicon Night Sights to mine. If I remember correctly, he didn't screw the front sight back on, he glued it. Any idea how you might remove that without breaking it off? Maybe deactivator or heat?
Did he use superglue? If so, acetone or nail polish remover should do it.