Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-31-2013, 17:45   #841
nickcarr

First AK!

Just picked up my first AK on Friday! Here she is...

The Kalashnikov Klub
nickcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 17:47   #842
nickcarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv4driver View Post
Romy G build with a lot of Tapco parts and Duracoat FDE.
The Kalashnikov Klub
That came out really good. Did you have to do anything special prep for the Duracoat process?

I like the contrast of the FDE/Black components...
nickcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:55   #843
Firefightermdc

Brothers from other mothers
The Kalashnikov Klub

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-08-2013, 08:51   #844
gr8scott72

My Romanian SAR-1 I got around October.

The Kalashnikov Klub
gr8scott72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 19:56   #845
.38 super
Observer

I finally got a new grip that I like, after trying few...
Here is my new " Mission First Tactical Engage AK-47 Pistol Grip with 3 Sets of Interchangeable Front And Back Strap, Black" that I got from Amazon for $26.76 and free shipping...

I like it a lot, very solid grip and finally allows me to get my hand as close to the receiver as I can...

Content of the package, note the neat detail - they have a rubber separator that will secure 2 AA batteries or 2 123 ! Love it, Rubber cap is really tide, I'm sure no water or moisture will get in. :
The Kalashnikov Klub

This is the inserts that fits me the best, further on I'll may change the backstrap with the medium curve, but for now I love it !
The Kalashnikov Klub
Florida Glockers Club #1964
Калашников Клуб №1000
.38 super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 22:42   #846
.38 super
Observer

Gentlemen, I tried to locate one in this thread but couldn't do it so I'll ask for little help:
Show me Please a picture of ACE skeletonized stock, folded on the right site of the gun...
I need to see if it covers the trigger and how much room I got to operate the charging handle in such configuration...
My dilemma is that I cannot decide which way to order my stock - with left or right swing... I would say - left, but than I have no idea how I'll deal with the sling and also with fast opening of the stock...
Anyway, I'd appreciate a lot if someone post a picture with ACE folded on the right side, TIA.
Калашников Клуб №1000
Old 05-21-2013, 01:28   #847
SGT HATRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by .38 super View Post
Gentlemen, I tried to locate one in this thread but couldn't do it so I'll ask for little help:
Show me Please a picture of ACE skeletonized stock, folded on the right site of the gun...
I need to see if it covers the trigger and how much room I got to operate the charging handle in such configuration...
My dilemma is that I cannot decide which way to order my stock - with left or right swing... I would say - left, but than I have no idea how I'll deal with the sling and also with fast opening of the stock...
Anyway, I'd appreciate a lot if someone post a picture with ACE folded on the right side, TIA.
I do have an ace folder, but I found that for it to fold to the right, you have to mount it all the way down and it just doesn't look right...
Old 05-21-2013, 06:15   #848
.38 super
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT HATRED View Post
I do have an ace folder, but I found that for it to fold to the right, you have to mount it all the way down and it just doesn't look right...
Got it. My concern with left option would be the sling mount and how to operate the stock, I'm right handed, I cannot picture exactly how can I open it fast, take the safety down and rack the handle without switching hands a lot... Will figure it out, I see russians are mounting theirs on the left side and it make sense to me, but a friend of mine over there said that right hand folding stock will be operated faster... I don't know, I'll fugue it out...
Here is a picture of a 5.56 Bulgarian Arsenal version of AK, this is their stock, I'm wondering how hard is to get one of those - it will keep the left side clean for easy carying on your back and for the sling, and it doesn't stay on the way of the trigger and charging handle because of the slight pitch...
The Kalashnikov Klub
Probably I'll put it on left side just as you did and will get one of those neat sling points that a mounted between the grip and the receiver...
Thanks for your input Sir!
Калашников Клуб №1000
Old 06-01-2013, 10:23   #849
Ballistic
Glock Holiday

The Kalashnikov Klub
The Kalashnikov Klub

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I'm your huckleberry

Last edited by Ballistic; 06-01-2013 at 10:24..
Ballistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 15:11   #850
ColdBlooded

The Kalashnikov Klub
Old 07-11-2013, 22:10   #851
.38 super
Observer

Well, as it should be, I installed my long waited ACE stock and MI guard, in my garage, on the floor, by the tractor...

The Kalashnikov Klub

ACE supplied few useless screws that I replaced with Allens that I shortened on the grinder, MI's gas-tube guard did not get close to the block that holds the barrel, but I don't really care about it...
The stock is solid as a rock, I absolutely love it, later I'll se if I can get rid of the "extension" block but for now it's fine, I'm happy that both points for the sling are on the left side, I was actually able to use the front plate that locks the OEM guards to the barrel, with the strap ring, I'm happy with the way I can operate the safety from the left side of the receiver and there is plenty of room for my trigger finger. The only disappointment so far is the fact that with the stock folded I cannot work the charging handle, but I see room for adjusting the stock to get little bit down in the butt end and will free up the handle...
The Kalashnikov Klub

The Kalashnikov Klub
Калашников Клуб №1000
Old 07-14-2013, 11:30   #852
Jackalo626

Quote:
Originally Posted by .38 super View Post
Well, as it should be, I installed my long waited ACE stock and MI guard, in my garage, on the floor, by the tractor...

The Kalashnikov Klub

ACE supplied few useless screws that I replaced with Allens that I shortened on the grinder, MI's gas-tube guard did not get close to the block that holds the barrel, but I don't really care about it...
The stock is solid as a rock, I absolutely love it, later I'll se if I can get rid of the "extension" block but for now it's fine, I'm happy that both points for the sling are on the left side, I was actually able to use the front plate that locks the OEM guards to the barrel, with the strap ring, I'm happy with the way I can operate the safety from the left side of the receiver and there is plenty of room for my trigger finger. The only disappointment so far is the fact that with the stock folded I cannot work the charging handle, but I see room for adjusting the stock to get little bit down in the butt end and will free up the handle...
The Kalashnikov Klub

The Kalashnikov Klub
If you can't work the charging handle because the stock is in the way then the charging handle will hit the stock since it is reciprocating. That is the way the picture looks in the photo (interfering) with the charging handle but maybe it just clears it and you mean it is hard for you to charge but still possible. Just looking out for you so it doesn't ruin your new buttstock firing it folded.
Jackalo626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 13:29   #853
.38 super
Observer

Yes Sir, you are absolutely correct about the stock... It is set on the lowest possible position but I think that with little tweaking it will go lower and will clear the bolt handle...
Currently I cannot use it with stock folded... For me,personally, I don't really care because I'm used to from my army years to a certain routine and it is to take the rifle from the showlder, to bring it up front with my left arm, to charge the weapon with my right hand (or open the stock and charge it in my case) and than shoulder it, so it is not a big deal, but if the gun is set for folding stock, of course it is nice to be able to use it like this...
I'll keep you guys posted, I have some little things to report about the MI fore-grip and ACE stock, not necessarily bad, but it might be helpful for guys that will customize a Polish Tantals as mine...
BTW, here is a fore-grip with flashlight holder made by Mission First tactical, that I ordered to try...
The Kalashnikov Klub
It is very solid, the button have some little flaws but it's workable, it is extremely comfortable to work with it, at least for me, anyway, I removed it because I find it some how clumsy and installed simple 4" CAA handle marketed for KRISS, I still don't have pictures with it...
Калашников Клуб №1000
Old 08-04-2013, 11:17   #854
rifle

My night job,long time ago,really screwed up them litt[URL=http://s685.photobucket.com/user/rifle1/media/anightsworkahead.jpg.html]The Kalashnikov Klub[/URL]le bastards...
rifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 19:31   #855
susperia666

Hello,
first.. Awesome nice pictures here, i loved the AK design

Here are my small collection.

From top:

Tula AKM 1963
Ischmasch AKM 1968
Tula AKM 1970
Chinese AK 56-1
Yunker 2

The first 4 AK's are from the Kosovo battlefield, all have names scratched in, more pics later. All guns are demilled by german weapon law.

The last one is an Yunker CO2 airgun made with real steal parts by Izmash.

Best regards, David
Attached Thumbnails
The Kalashnikov Klub - Click for larger version  
susperia666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 23:46   #856
Thomasc18
NRA Life Member

Subscribe.
Thomasc18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:33   #857
caviteno_loco
Armed_Nurse

My AK Pistol...

Stock Pic
The Kalashnikov Klub

After
The Kalashnikov Klub
The Kalashnikov Klub
Old 09-06-2013, 02:41   #858
Dalton Wayne
CLM Number 239
Epic mustache

Send a message via MSN to Dalton Wayne Send a message via Skype™ to Dalton Wayne
The Kalashnikov KlubThe Kalashnikov Klub
Dalton Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:41   #859
caviteno_loco
Armed_Nurse

My Saiga 308...

The Kalashnikov Klub
Old 09-07-2013, 21:36   #860
tat2guy
Silver Membership
NRA Life Member

I posted pix of my AK here a long time ago... here's a couple more recent pics... I went wild boar hunting with my brother and father. I used the AK specifically so that next time some shrill jackass says, "no one needs an AK47 for hunting!" I can say, "I do."

The Kalashnikov Klub

The Kalashnikov Klub

My dad's 870 12 gauge, brother's 1100 20 gauge, and my AK... and a lot of pig guts in the background...

The Kalashnikov Klub

One shot, one kill:
The Kalashnikov Klub

Originally Posted by bjman
Mark my words...there will be NO Assault weapons ban introduced under Obama.
tat2guy is offline   Reply With Quote