Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-04-2013, 22:56   #1
Allegra

Grease Gun!

Short but sweet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iooEF...ature=youtu.be
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver

Last edited by Allegra; 04-04-2013 at 22:57..
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 00:07   #2
jimbullet

The Rate of fire is slower than your modern 9 submachine gun due to obvious reasons but that sure packs a punch...
BOG#125
PNZ#15130
PAASS Badge#3104
jimbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:47   #3
adenine

Send a message via Yahoo to adenine
i had one with 7 mags last year. a bit bulky and heavy, but very reliable and an accurate shooter, plus in full auto! later sold it for a G17 project.
adenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:34   #4
Allegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by adenine View Post
i had one with 7 mags last year. a bit bulky and heavy, but very reliable and an accurate shooter, plus in full auto! later sold it for a G17 project.

magkano mo binenta pards?
I'm also thinking of selling mine
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Old 04-06-2013, 10:58   #5
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Thanks for the video. Things I didn't know about that weapon.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 17:21   #6
Allegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
Thanks for the video. Things I didn't know about that weapon.

it's one of the easiest weapon to shoot
Single shots in full auto are a breeze
- the Camel Driver
Old 04-06-2013, 21:20   #7
edtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
magkano mo binenta pards?
I'm also thinking of selling mine
PM on how much you are willing to sell it.
edtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 00:03   #8
isuzu

The Philippine Marines have a modified version of the Grease Gun. From YouTube:

Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:18   #9
Punisher_nbi45
R we der yet?

Send a message via Yahoo to Punisher_nbi45
My M3 Grease Gun Review

Bumping a not-so-old thread, just wanted to share my experiences.

Got my U.S. M3 .45 Acp Submachine Gun from a very good friend. It came with six mags. It's been used, but not abused, and I want to take this time and give a shout out to my buddy for letting me have it.

Fit, Form, and Finish:

Okay, the phrase "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" applies here. To some, the grease gun is a funky piece of *****. I have to admit, the welds do make it stand out, and it just looks like it was built in a day by a child just learning to put together blocks and legos and stuff. But for me, that's the beauty of it, it's kinda like an industrial-deco kind of thing. Some people may not appreciate the flavor of a utilitarian appearance, but the unit itself denotes a sturdiness reminiscent of the AK-47. Despite its rough appearance, all the major assemblies and sub-assemblies (crank, trigger guard, etc). fit together like hand-in-glove. A credit to George Hyde, everything is where it should be and nothing is really extraneous and out of place.

Being an old gun (dating back to the 40's), it shows its age, but it shows it well. No pits, no cracks, and again, everything is solidly put in place. The tubular receiver does lend itself to the nickname, but it doesn't make it any less deadly. In fact, it's simplicity, for lack of a description, "grows on you". That being said, I never intended for my unit to be a safe queen, so as soon as I can bear to part with it, I'm sending it off to have it cerakoated. How does flamboyant pink sound???

Everything else

I've had several opportunities to bring my "greasy" out to the range and shoot it. Even my wifey got to shoot it.

Let me digress here for a bit. Guys, if you haven't heard/known/realized this before, please, for the survival of the male species: NEVER, EVER TEACH YOUR WIVES TO SHOOT. HOWEVER, IF THEY DO HAVE TO SHOOT, NEVER, EVER TELL THEM WHERE TO SHOOT GUYS LIKE US!!!!

Seriously, though, at 450 rpm, the greasy was an absolute joy to shoot - negligible / no recoil, no muzzle rise, easy to keep rounds on target. Wifey was firing from about 10 yds, and being a 1st time shooter, she was able to keep most of 20 rounds in the center mass of the target, creating one big hole (only about 3 or 4 were outside center mass).

Because of its weight and slow cyclic rate, plus how the trigger is linked up to the sear, you can pretty much trigger off single and double shots all day long. It's actually more fun doing so than letting off long bursts. Speaking of long bursts, they're just fine with the greasy. You can probably write your name on the target board with a little practice.

Some interesting notes: even with its 8-inch barrel, the M3 smg is rated to be effective out to 100 yards. For CQB and short distance shooting, that's more than good enough. Although there may be concerns about modularity, you can probably put accessories on the M3 as long as you're smart about where and how you place rails on it.

And the best feature: you can easily suppress an M3, even if you go for a local can to do it. In fact, if you need armorer-level maintenance, any competent gunsmith can easily repair / refurbish the M3 because it screams simplicity, inside and out. As far as its perceived weaknesses (charging handle, magazines), these can easily overcome by training. In fact, the manual-of-arms for an M3 is so similar to the AK manual-of-arms that you can easily manipulate an M3 without having to resort to brain-sucking intensive training. It's that simple and efficient (much of the aforementioned shortcomings of the M3 can probably attributed to user-abuse rather than any actual deficiencies with the system).

Long and Short of The Matter

Bottom Line: I would take the M3 Submachine Gun over any submachine gun in production right now. For me, it is the epitome of a fighting tool, just like the 1911. It has enough tools to make a competent shooter even better, but it's not so high-tech that it overwhelms the shooter. Just like the 1911, it fires the potent .45acp round, and it was designed from the get-go as a war implement, not a politically-correct expedient.

Another interesting fact: out of all the available weapons to them during the Vietnam War, legendary MACV-SOG operator "Mad Dog" Shriver almost always carried an M3 with him during his ops. That should say a lot about the gun and the people who carry them.

I'll try to post pics and videos later about the M3 when I can. Take care, folks!
Old 08-08-2013, 03:04   #10
Allegra

pwede pa ba sya ibenta under the new guidelines?
I'm thinking of selling mine
It's a great gun and i've spent a lot of time figuring out how it works
Kaso it's now just sitting around my house, staring at me
sayang lang kung hindi ipuputok
- the Camel Driver
Old 08-08-2013, 04:09   #11
Punisher_nbi45
R we der yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
pwede pa ba sya ibenta under the new guidelines?
I'm thinking of selling mine
It's a great gun and i've spent a lot of time figuring out how it works
Kaso it's now just sitting around my house, staring at me
sayang lang kung hindi ipuputok
Pwede naman, but why would you?

I say keep it as you're SHTF gun, back-up gun, or give it to your partner. Easily transportable, easy to find ammo, etc.

But if you are bent on selling it, can I get first crack sa magazines???
Old 08-08-2013, 05:26   #12
Allegra

2 mags lang kasama pards
Sa gun show meron mags kaso 7k!

di ba bawal ang automatic weapons ibenta? or di na pwede itransfer?
- the Camel Driver
Old 08-09-2013, 06:42   #13
Punisher_nbi45
R we der yet?

I'm not familiar with the new law, but i do know that there are exceptions with regards to sales. I. Any case, just keep it. It will only appreciate more down the road.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:25   #14
isuzu

From what I understand, it's the new firearms that can't have the happy switch. Firearms that have been previously licensed have a grandfather clause. P;ease correct me if I'm wrong.

Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 16:51   #15
Allegra

took it out of the closet to oil it ( nakapanuod kasi ng first episode ng SB season4 )
talagang designed for long days in the field sya
My oil reservoir sa ilalim, and the stock doubles as barrel wrench and cleaner

Pagmahirap pa din ptt, I'm gonna sell it
- the Camel Driver
Old 08-10-2013, 18:03   #16
horge
Lifetime Membership
-=-=-=-=-

Allegra, PM me when you decide to sell
-BoG Hog #12
-Model 1911 Club member #111
horge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 19:19   #17
Allegra

fafa jorge, mejo mahaba na ang pila ng gusto bumili
but i have to find out kung pwede pa nga ba ibenta muna

Nakakapanghinayang kasi baka kalawangin lang sakin
If Punisher didnt post this, nakalimutan ko na sya hehe
- the Camel Driver
Old 08-11-2013, 01:12   #18
Punisher_nbi45
R we der yet?

Bro, if i may make a small request, if ever u decide to (or even think of) selling it, pop off a few rounds. Jus so ur sure dat ur mind is made up.

I've had an m4 for the longest time, but wen it came time to sell it? I didn't hesitate. With the greasy, i'm also not gonna hesitate keeping it! I jus think it's the perfect, all-around SHTF subgun for our setting.

Anyway, jus enjoy it while u still have it, bro.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:04   #19
Allegra

hehe thanks pards , I tend to act on impulse a lot so hindi nako nagsisisi on anything I do

btw, looking at the Yaeger video above, I noticed mas mabilis yata cyclic rate ng GG ko
but slower than a cz scorpion or a thompson
o baka imagination ko lang
Here's a 5 round burst from my gg
- the Camel Driver
Old 08-14-2013, 01:34   #20
Punisher_nbi45
R we der yet?

You're cyclic rate seems fine to me, about as fast as mine is. I understand you can increase the cyclic by adding a buffer, but any increase in rpm also increases recoil and possible wear and tear.

450 rpm is fine by me, as it allows for precise (??) shooting - at the very least, squeezing off single shots.