SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:08   #61
TruthNotRelative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
You've taken a weapon that ran was great to begin with and molested it big time. If it still doesn't "feel good" to you, sanding isn't going to help.
I guess my advice to you would then be, don't "molest" your weapon then. My Glock pistol belongs to me, if I see fit to make minor modifications to suit me, why the heck would that bother you? You're not going to be shooting it.

BTW, if I drop in an after-market trigger that has this same "mod", am I "molesting" my weapon?

Personally, I think your comment is short-sighted. I don't see how shaving a trigger safety down (as it should be from the factory) to increase personal comfort equals "molesting it big time". Frankly that's just dumb.
"You forgot your BRIEFCASE!!!!!!"-

Last edited by TruthNotRelative; 04-04-2013 at 11:09..
TruthNotRelative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:14   #62
Scrappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthNotRelative View Post
I guess my advice to you would then be, don't "molest" your weapon then. My Glock pistol belongs to me, if I see fit to make minor modifications to suit me, why the heck would that bother you? You're not going to be shooting it.

BTW, if I drop in an after-market trigger that has this same "mod", am I "molesting" my weapon?

Personally, I think your comment is short-sighted. I don't see how shaving a trigger safety down (as it should be from the factory) to increase personal comfort equals "molesting it big time". Frankly that's just dumb.
I agree, He needs to check on his TPS reports or something.
Why Glock has the safety stick up through the trigger even when pressed is a fail in my book. I cannot not shoot with it sticking me in the finger. Shooting 40 cal after 100 rds starts to become very very bother some.
So all my Glocks get smooth face trigger with the safety sanded flush with the trigger as should of been from factory!
Now has anyone seen my Red stapler?

Last edited by Scrappy; 04-04-2013 at 11:15..
Scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:14   #63
TruthNotRelative

I fail to understand the attitude that some seem to have that "if you have to mod anything about anything you purchase, you shouldn't purchase it to begin with". Might as well tell me that if I don't like the rims on the truck I bought (after purchasing new ones), then I shouldn't have bought the truck. Keep your guns stock if you want (they're yours), but I don't see the need to talk sheet to people who don't always keep things stock.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:17   #64
Scrappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthNotRelative View Post
I fail to understand the attitude that some seem to have that "if you have to mod anything about anything you purchase, you shouldn't purchase it to begin with". Might as well tell me that if I don't like the rims on the truck I bought (after purchasing new ones), then I shouldn't have bought the truck. Keep your guns stock if you want (they're yours), but I don't see the need to talk sheet to people who don't always keep things stock.
I agree once again, lol.
Stock to me is a Greek word for starting point! I don't leave anything I get stock!! Guns, cars, motorcycles, bicycles, etc etc.....
Scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:45   #65
dusty_dragon

thanks for the pics
dusty_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 20:08   #66
judgecrater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
I always smooth off the sharp mold parting line with some 1000-1500 grit emery paper. Sharp parting lines on both plastic or metal parts are kind of a pet peeve of mine.
I too smoothed mine some but did not remove much material.
judgecrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 20:21   #67
ShallNotBeInfringed
NRA Business Al

Thanks so much! I have had a gen 2 Glock 20 for twenty years, and I never noticed the sharp ridge on my trigger. Now I do, so thanks again for now making me not like my trigger after all these years of not noticing.
ShallNotBeInfringed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 21:12   #68
trigger19isbest

I'll, scrape, sand, dremel, what ever it takes to reduce the offending trigger safety, first thing in the morning. I would do it now, but I'm too sleepy to get started on it. Thanks to the pro-mod posters, especially TruthNotRelevant.

I want to speak my mind concerning the nay sayers, but everyone has a right to their opinion. Some folks are so comfortable in their fear, that they want to enslave us free folk, in that same fear.
trigger19isbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 21:51   #69
Catshooter

I too much prefer a smooth trigger, even to the point of sanding down the safety.

If you're doing it do a grooved trigger to remove the grooves, just don't go too far. If you remove too much material from the trigger just at the top of where the safety disappears into the face of the trigger the safety will be able to move too far forward.

Cat
Old 04-04-2013, 23:29   #70
TruthNotRelative

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger19isbest View Post
I'll, scrape, sand, dremel, what ever it takes to reduce the offending trigger safety, first thing in the morning. I would do it now, but I'm too sleepy to get started on it. Thanks to the pro-mod posters, especially TruthNotRelevant.

I want to speak my mind concerning the nay sayers, but everyone has a right to their opinion. Some folks are so comfortable in their fear, that they want to enslave us free folk, in that same fear.
Thanks. But uhhh, I'm TruthN0tRELATIVE... I actually believe that truth is very "RELEVANT" (as opposed to relaTIVE).

Last edited by TruthNotRelative; 04-04-2013 at 23:34..
Old 04-04-2013, 23:31   #71
TruthNotRelative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
I too much prefer a smooth trigger, even to the point of sanding down the safety.

If you're doing it do a grooved trigger to remove the grooves, just don't go too far. If you remove too much material from the trigger just at the top of where the safety disappears into the face of the trigger the safety will be able to move too far forward.

Cat
Thanks, yes, you are correct.. Hence the pic that I posted. That's exactly what happened when I performed this on an old serrated trigger.

Last edited by TruthNotRelative; 04-04-2013 at 23:32..
Old 04-05-2013, 05:00   #72
Ryobi
SummertimeRules

I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
You've taken a weapon that ran was great to begin with and molested it big time. If it still doesn't "feel good" to you, sanding isn't going to help.
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 00:48   #73
TruthNotRelative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryobi View Post
I agree.

Well then.. I'll tell you the same thing that I told Bill, don't do this to your trigger then. Problem solved.

I might also ask you a question that I asked Bill..

If I purchase and drop in an aftermarket trigger that has this same "mod" (flush safety), am I still "molesting" my Glock?

Last edited by TruthNotRelative; 04-06-2013 at 02:33..
Old 04-06-2013, 00:50   #74
TruthNotRelative

Btw Bill and Ryobi, "sanding" (recontouring) it DOES help, a lot.. contrary to your assertion. Thanks for the input though.

Last edited by TruthNotRelative; 04-06-2013 at 00:52..
Old 04-06-2013, 13:12   #75
Ryobi
SummertimeRules

Nope. Not for me. But if you feel it helps you, thanks for sharing! Sharing is important.
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote