SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-21-2013, 18:51   #1
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Parts are comming

Well, since waiting since December, MidwayUSA is now shipping my Midwest industries handguards for my Yugo PAP92. I just ordered a nightshroud with a detent pin set.

Now, for the interesting part. I want to put on a good reflex sight that can handle abuse. Rain, shock, fog. I am looking to have it, if possible have a duel color dot sight for this reason. I want green to see it in bright light, but I am thinking of mounting a green laser later, and I don't want to the two to cancel each other out.

Any suggestions?
Old 03-21-2013, 20:03   #2
Inebriated

A Vortex Strikefire sounds like what you're looking for... Red and green, fog/shock/water proof, and RS Products or Midwest Industries side mounts will also allow a lower 1/3 cowitness with your irons.
Kalashnikov Klub Member #870
The 21 Club Member #19691
Inebriated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 17:57   #3
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
A Vortex Strikefire sounds like what you're looking for... Red and green, fog/shock/water proof, and RS Products or Midwest Industries side mounts will also allow a lower 1/3 cowitness with your irons.
Thanks. I got my my MI quad rail today, the nightshroud is on its way with the detent pin. I ordered the vortex strikefire from Opticsplanet along with 3 Magpul OD green ladder rails. It is going to be sweet once I am done.
Old 03-26-2013, 22:00   #4
Inebriated

Awesome. How are you going to mount it? Mine's been great. Got it back when they were about $130, and it's an excellent dot.
Old 03-27-2013, 18:20   #5
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Awesome. How are you going to mount it? Mine's been great. Got it back when they were about $130, and it's an excellent dot.
I am planning on using the AR riser that comes with it on the MI quadrail. It looks like it might not co-witness, but it has the advantage of paralax free for 50 yards, and I plan on putting it at 25 yards (it is a "pistol" afterall). That and it boasts a both eyes open option.

I just got the night shroud and detent pin in the mail today.

I am hoping that opticsplanet will ship the sight and the Magpul ladder rail covers soon. But, that won't be all that important until I get the flash hider and quad rail installed. I am going to take the flash hider to a smith. I don't trust myself to break the current weld without jacking up the threads.
Old 03-27-2013, 19:46   #6
Inebriated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
I am planning on using the AR riser that comes with it on the MI quadrail. It looks like it might not co-witness, but it has the advantage of paralax free for 50 yards, and I plan on putting it at 25 yards (it is a "pistol" afterall). That and it boasts a both eyes open option.

I just got the night shroud and detent pin in the mail today.

I am hoping that opticsplanet will ship the sight and the Magpul ladder rail covers soon. But, that won't be all that important until I get the flash hider and quad rail installed. I am going to take the flash hider to a smith. I don't trust myself to break the current weld without jacking up the threads.
Well I guess cowitness doesn't matter much on a pistol... The only reason it matters on AK's at all is really less about actually cowitnessing, and more about the fact that it really just means that you can still get a proper cheekweld.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:10   #7
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Well I guess cowitness doesn't matter much on a pistol... The only reason it matters on AK's at all is really less about actually cowitnessing, and more about the fact that it really just means that you can still get a proper cheekweld.
I really don't want to go through the hassle of SBRing it and have do deal with the tax stamp and the whole BATFE jungle that goes with it. I am thinking if I remove enough fabric from the Blackhawk single point I have attached, I could probably "simulate" an "imaginary" stock anyway just on the tension from the sling.
Old 04-01-2013, 16:09   #8
Inebriated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
I really don't want to go through the hassle of SBRing it and have do deal with the tax stamp and the whole BATFE jungle that goes with it. I am thinking if I remove enough fabric from the Blackhawk single point I have attached, I could probably "simulate" an "imaginary" stock anyway just on the tension from the sling.
Yeah, easiest way to run a gun without a stock is to use a sling and push against it. I bet that'll be a great little blaster.