Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:38   #21
shotgunred
reloading nut

Looks like it is up and running today. Hopefully this is a good sign and they are getting caught up.
and motivated by pride and vanity.
shotgunred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:55   #22
Nutt51

Midwayusa got me.

I ordered some Hornady bullets in December. At the time you could order quantities of 100, 500, or 1000. I called two of my shooting pards to see if they needed any as I was going to order some, they both said yes.
I placed and order for 2 units of 1000 bullets, they were taking backorders for the .224 55gr. bullets at the time.
About three weeks later, they sent me an e-mail saying they had implemented a 1000 bullet limit per customer. I replied to their e-mail telling them that the bullets were for three customers, and yes this is the true story, and both my friends order from Midwayusa frequently.
I soon received a reply telling me that due to the overwhelming amount of e-mails that they were not being responded to.
I then placed a backorder for the same bullets with Midsouth
Shooters Supply for 1000 of the same bullet, so I could supply the order to my friends.
It will cost me an extra $13.00 shipping charge, but it will cost Midway the bulk of my business in the future.
They use to be one of the top 2 internet companies I ordered from when needing gun related products, but now they are at the bottom.
I received a notification last Thursday that the bullets were on the way, I'll probably give these to my pards, and I'll wait on the others.

"I figure that a man's only good for one oath at a time. I made mine to the Confederate States Of America".
"John Wayne", "The Searchers".
Nutt51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 17:30   #23
dwhite53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutt51 View Post
Midwayusa got me.

I ordered some Hornady bullets in December. At the time you could order quantities of 100, 500, or 1000. I called two of my shooting pards to see if they needed any as I was going to order some, they both said yes.
I placed and order for 2 units of 1000 bullets, they were taking backorders for the .224 55gr. bullets at the time.
About three weeks later, they sent me an e-mail saying they had implemented a 1000 bullet limit per customer. I replied to their e-mail telling them that the bullets were for three customers, and yes this is the true story, and both my friends order from Midwayusa frequently.
I soon received a reply telling me that due to the overwhelming amount of e-mails that they were not being responded to.
I then placed a backorder for the same bullets with Midsouth
Shooters Supply for 1000 of the same bullet, so I could supply the order to my friends.
It will cost me an extra $13.00 shipping charge, but it will cost Midway the bulk of my business in the future.
They use to be one of the top 2 internet companies I ordered from when needing gun related products, but now they are at the bottom.
I received a notification last Thursday that the bullets were on the way, I'll probably give these to my pards, and I'll wait on the others.
Back in January I put in an order to Midway for 1000 rounds of Aguila .22LR ammo. Got a confirmation on my order.

The next day I tried to increase my order to 2000 rounds but they said they had implemented a 500 round limit, apparently in the hours since my original order. I received the 1000 rounds I ordered.

Sometimes life works.

All the Best,
D. White

Last edited by dwhite53; 03-31-2013 at 17:30..
dwhite53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 18:50   #24
sigman69

Their website is still down.....
Old 03-31-2013, 19:15   #25
dkf

Website works for me.

At around $150 per 1k for fmj 9mm they can keep their bullets.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 20:29   #26
shotgunred
reloading nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
Website works for me.

At around $150 per 1k for fmj 9mm they can keep their bullets.
Their case is 3750 count for $368 or about $98.00 a K.
precision delta is still a little better buy, but they always were.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:08   #27
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by char923 View Post
Thanks. Their website that I had saved is still giving errors. It appears they moved their website address and didn't re-direct folks.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:34   #28
glockrod
NRA-Endow. Life

jdavi

Looks like you are correct.

I waited 2 months for them to get back online to buy .224 bullets, and I missed the boat because they didnt bother to update the old website with the new address.

Oh well, it looks like they dun got greedy anyways. They jacked their prices from about $80/K to $100/K. Still not a "bad" price, though.

MGB WAS my go to for bullets. Looks like I will keep my eyes out for another source when I can ever find some.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:53   #29
n2extrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockrod View Post
Looks like you are correct.

I waited 2 months for them to get back online to buy .224 bullets, and I missed the boat because they didnt bother to update the old website with the new address.

Oh well, it looks like they dun got greedy anyways. They jacked their prices from about $80/K to $100/K. Still not a "bad" price, though.

MGB WAS my go to for bullets. Looks like I will keep my eyes out for another source when I can ever find some.
I did the same thing, waiting and checking every other dang night to hopefully place an order. About 3-4 weeks ago I decided to order .45 in lead so when I saw the price and since I already decided to try the lead, I'll hold off for now. I really was hoping to grab some .22 stuff when they came back but as you pointed out, all gone, no back orders as far as I could tell.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:09   #30
Nutt51

Some of these folks are getting real proud of their components,
I have used Everglades Ammo and they now want $139.00 for
500 ea. 55gr. bullets and $259.00 for 1000 count.
I did just place a good sized order for some 9mm and .45acp
with Precision Delta, and Missouri bullet company,
who quote from 4 to 18 weeks out.
I am just going to wait until things settle back down to
start stocking back up.

"I figure that a man's only good for one oath at a time. I made mine to the Confederate States Of America".
"John Wayne", "The Searchers".
Nutt51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:18   #31
jknight8907

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
Did you call them? Too many people try run their lives via e-mail. Think of how easy it is to lose trak of what's going on w/ 2-3k e-mails a day coming in?
I can't find the logic in your viewpoint. With email, the emails can come in and wait as you work through them. Trying to handle the same volume of phone calls would require a team of people, as you have to answer the phone whenever it decides to ring, instead of in an orderly schedule. Email also gives you a highly organized record of exactly what and when you dealt with each inquiry.

From the customer's perspective, sending a clearly written email whenever it is convenient and going about your day until you receive a reply is far more efficient than calling, waiting on hold, dealing with someone who perhaps cannot speak clearly, and having to do it during business hours.

Sent via teletype

Last edited by jknight8907; 04-01-2013 at 09:21..
jknight8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:43   #32
dkf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutt51 View Post
Some of these folks are getting real proud of their components,
I have used Everglades Ammo and they now want $139.00 for
500 ea. 55gr. bullets and $259.00 for 1000 count.
I did just place a good sized order for some 9mm and .45acp
with Precision Delta, and Missouri bullet company,
who quote from 4 to 18 weeks out.
I am just going to wait until things settle back down to
start stocking back up.
Best bet is to watch midway. Keep the window open in your browser and refresh when you can. The blem bullets they had listed last week were $49 and $55 per 500 for 55gr FMJ and SP.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 16:39   #33
shotgunred
reloading nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknight8907 View Post
I can't find the logic in your viewpoint. With email, the emails can come in and wait as you work through them. Trying to handle the same volume of phone calls would require a team of people, as you have to answer the phone whenever it decides to ring, instead of in an orderly schedule. Email also gives you a highly organized record of exactly what and when you dealt with each inquiry.

From the customer's perspective, sending a clearly written email whenever it is convenient and going about your day until you receive a reply is far more efficient than calling, waiting on hold, dealing with someone who perhaps cannot speak clearly, and having to do it during business hours.

Sent via teletype
Interestedly enough over at BE people were ordering by US. mail and getting their orders filled.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:50   #34
glockrod
NRA-Endow. Life

The MGB link listed above

Has gone dead now as well.
It originally linked me to their new website, but it is no longer functioning. Of course, nothing I wanted to buy was in stock at that tme anyway which is why I hadn't checked their site in several days. Now this. I actually liked their old order page better anyway.
I dont know wtf their problem is!!???
Old 04-04-2013, 05:36   #35
Beanie-Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie-Bean View Post
Sorry to hear about what happened, FN. I just placed an order for "in-stock" bullets this morning:

1000 x .400" 180 gr. CMJ
1000 x .400" 165 gr. CMJ

The order said Spring/Summer delivery date...
This order shipped on 4/03. Looks like they've sold out of everything they had in stock. I wasn't jumping for joy about the pricing, but I just compare it to expensive gasoline--the price will stabilize and flatten out at some point. Besides, they had what I needed for my bench

Best of luck to you guys on finding the components you need.

Beanie-Bean is offline   Reply With Quote