GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 08:55   #76
Bolster
Not Ready Yet!
 
Bolster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: State of Stupidity
Posts: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
The problem with your argument, is that my statement was not that was then, this is now,
You say that's not your argument, then you enlarge and elaborate on that same argument below. I think you're unclear on what you're arguing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
and your argument, is a gross oversimplification of what happened.
It would be a gross oversimplification to say I'm making an argument that Obama = Hitler. There are both striking similarities between the two men (in type of talent, lack of experience, ideological fervor, and technique), and also vast differences (in goals, personal history, racial preferences, and so on). History doesn't repeat, it merely rhymes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
We have a system in place that will not allow someone like a modern Hitler rise to power. That's the entire point of our checks and balances.
This is the most amusing part of your post, the amount of gullible faith you place in legislators to 'play by the rules.' One of Obama's great legacies is the amount of erosion he's caused to the American system, and how many ways he's found to ignore the law, to get around checks and balances. Now he's earnestly working toward creating an America with a single party (his, and perhaps yours), and a powerful, intrusive, controlling government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
Your arguments, and statements to support your arguments, are not based in fact. They're emotionally charged distortion a of the truth, intended to conceive and support a fallacious argument.
That's an ironic comment, because that's precisely how I perceive your arguments: pure emotion.
__________________
From the "...land of the regulated, and the home of the entitled."
Obama is the symptom, not the cause.

Last edited by Bolster; 03-30-2013 at 08:56..
Bolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:43   #77
Stevekozak
Returning video
 
Stevekozak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
You say that's not your argument, then you enlarge and elaborate on that same argument below. I think you're unclear on what you're arguing.



It would be a gross oversimplification to say I'm making an argument that Obama = Hitler. There are both striking similarities between the two men (in type of talent, lack of experience, ideological fervor, and technique), and also vast differences (in goals, personal history, racial preferences, and so on). History doesn't repeat, it merely rhymes.



This is the most amusing part of your post, the amount of gullible faith you place in legislators to 'play by the rules.' One of Obama's great legacies is the amount of erosion he's caused to the American system, and how many ways he's found to ignore the law, to get around checks and balances. Now he's earnestly working toward creating an America with a single party (his, and perhaps yours), and a powerful, intrusive, controlling government.



That's an ironic comment, because that's precisely how I perceive your arguments: pure emotion.
Good post!! I am not sure about your very last point (ie AK being emotional) but everything else is spot on in my estimation!

P.S. I am glad to see you posting more here again. You used to have some thought provoking threads. I, for one, am curious about how your solar oven progression has come along, but that is for a different thread, I reckon.
__________________
"You fight until you die. That's the whole deal in life. PERIOD." Regular Joe
Stevekozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 14:50   #78
tenforme
Senior Member
 
tenforme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
......

It would be a gross oversimplification to say I'm making an argument that Obama = Hitler. There are both striking similarities between the two men (in type of talent, lack of experience, ideological fervor, and technique), and also vast differences (in goals, personal history, racial preferences, and so on). History doesn't repeat, it merely rhymes.
Striking similarities between Obama and Hitler - are you kidding, what bubble do you live in.

Do you have a clue what Hitler actually did?
Are you aware of the sacrifices that the Allies made to remove him?
Are you aware of just how offensive such comments are to the many who lost loved ones and family in WW2?
Please do yourself a huge favor and learn some history before you embarrass yourself any further


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
This is the most amusing part of your post, the amount of gullible faith you place in legislators to 'play by the rules.' One of Bush's great legacies is the amount of erosion he caused to the American system, and how many ways he found to ignore the law, to get around checks and balances. How Bush and Chaney rigged elections and jerrymandered whole states to create an America with a single party (his, and perhaps yours), and a powerful, intrusive, controlling government.
There you go I fixed it for you - you really do seem to have a problem with historical facts
tenforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 21:05   #79
LongGun1
StraightShooter
 
LongGun1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: N E Louisiana & N Arkansas
Posts: 12,297

GOP Lawmakers .....proposed "AMMO Act"


http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...with-ammo-act/
__________________
"Got Preps"??

"Accuracy first, Speed second.....Speed first, Accuracy never"

Last edited by LongGun1; 04-25-2013 at 21:15..
LongGun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 15:07   #80
tenforme
Senior Member
 
tenforme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 657
Good god is there no end to this BS?

So the lunatic fringe of the GOP is proposing a new law that prohibits the government from doing something it does not do but which could have unintended consequences.

I guess the counterpoint will be laws from the lunatic fringe of the Dems seeking to outlaw citizens from hoarding ammo!!!
tenforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 15:27   #81
ray9898
Senior Member
 
ray9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 17,161


I can only laugh at the people we elect in this country on both sides. Idiots.
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 22:53   #82
Bolster
Not Ready Yet!
 
Bolster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: State of Stupidity
Posts: 1,106
We are certainly far afield from the original question, but I was surprised to see this thread still at the top of the list, after not checking in for weeks. It seems the consensus is that "DHS is not hoarding ammo, this is just normal." Interesting.

This one made me chuckle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenforme View Post
Striking similarities between Obama and Hitler - are you kidding, what bubble do you live in....Please do yourself a huge favor and learn some history before you embarrass yourself any further...
Here are a few things that are in the historical record about Hitler:

- Primary talent was as an orator--otherwise he had a very thin resume for leadership.
- Believed in a single party; one of his primary goals was to eradicate competing parties.
- Bridged his ignorance of governance by substituting a strong ideology.
- Engineered his entrance to power with an army of acolytes, including domestic terrorists (the “brown shirts” or SA), who praised his name at every opportunity
- Was an ardent socialist; a national socialist (not an international socialist).
- Hated capitalism, but played the capitalists for fools.
- Was abandoned by his father.
- Believed that a strong, powerful intrusive central government was the answer to…well, virtually everything. (The replacement father?)
- Was comfortable with state ownership of large corporations.
- Used the unions to gain power.
- Came to power by taking advantage of a severe financial crisis.
- Targeted the banking industry directly.
- Had a virtual stranglehold on the national press…only supportive stories appeared.
- German journalists by-and-large admired Hitler; they gave him good press because they loved him, and covered for his errors or omitted embarrassing stories.
- Hitler kept his base loyal by promising them entitlements.
- Targeted internal “national” enemies for the population to hate (in his case, jews & slavs).
- Tried to portray himself as a good Christian, but in fact tended toward atheism.
- Was fond of the “big lie” as a propaganda technique: if you say it often enough, people will eventually believe it.
- Inflamed his audiences with the inequality between the poor (the German masses) and the “rich” (the Jewish bankers).
- Played the part of the suffering victim.
- Was personally quite wealthy, but hid that fact from public view.
- Lavished political favors on his faithful top tier of supporters.
- Valued personal loyalty in his staff above all else -- even above knowledge or wisdom.
- Used “bullying” and “intimidation” techniques to silence or convert critics.
- Originally very popular with homosexuals (in the early days, homosexuality was dominant in the Sturmabteilung). That changed after the Night of the Long Knives and the homosexual community became another ‘enemy’ for Hitler.
- Upended traditional German laws and made his own.
- Kicked off his political career with a ghost-written book about himself.
- Changed his name so it was more fashionable.
- Directly targeted the youth for indoctrination.
- Invented his own unique salute.
- Banned guns.
- Nationalized healthcare.
- Didn’t like Jews as a people (but was OK with a few individually).
- Sympathetic toward environmentalism and vegetarianism.
- Considered himself a “progressive,” designing the future.
- Was very friendly with other despots and dictators around the world.
- Became personally angry if anyone opposed him.
- Considered himself the “savior” of his country, which needed "transformation." A very strong messiah complex.

I also noted there were vast differences; here are just a few, and there are of course many more:

- Hitler hated communism.
- Hitler admired his predecessor.
- Hitler despised blacks.
- Hitler didn't marry and had no children of his own (that we know of).
- Hitler had military experience and admired the military.
- Hitler was militarily aggressive.
- Hitler didn't rely on a teleprompter.
- Hitler had a little mustache. And so on.

So I repeat: Obama does not equal Hitler. History does not repeat itself in that manner. But it's not yet illegal in the USA to notice some interesting similarities, although I'm certain the modern "brown shirts" won't like this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenforme View Post
Are you aware of just how offensive such comments are to the many who lost loved ones and family in WW2?
If you are offended, then I am gratified. Nice try dragging WWII veterans into this, but...sophomoric, and completely beside the point. Sort of like most of this thread, this post included, which has *virtually nothing* to do with the original discussion.
__________________
From the "...land of the regulated, and the home of the entitled."
Obama is the symptom, not the cause.

Last edited by Bolster; 04-27-2013 at 10:04..
Bolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 23:44   #83
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 26,647
Blog Entries: 1


It would take me a month ta type all that.'08.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:40   #84
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed View Post
Somewhere between 33 and 39, time magazine had a man of the year you may have heard of.

Hitler.

If you set the barn on fire correctly, no one will see the flames until it is too late to put out the fire.

Happened in Germany in the 30's, happening again in USA today.

Survival/Preparedness ForumSurvival/Preparedness Forum
Quote for truth.
eyelikeglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 14:29   #85
hammerkill
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 222
Anyone who says "it can't happen here" is a fool. It's already "happening" here.
hammerkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 17:50   #86
tenforme
Senior Member
 
tenforme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
We are certainly far afield from the original question, but I was surprised to see this thread still at the top of the list, after not checking in for weeks. It seems the consensus is that "DHS is not hoarding ammo, this is just normal." Interesting.

This one made me chuckle:



Here are a few things that are in the historical record about Hitler:

- Primary talent was as an orator--otherwise he had a very thin resume for leadership.
- Believed in a single party; one of his primary goals was to eradicate competing parties.
- Bridged his ignorance of governance by substituting a strong ideology.
- Engineered his entrance to power with an army of acolytes, including domestic terrorists (the “brown shirts” or SA), who praised his name at every opportunity
- Was an ardent socialist; a national socialist (not an international socialist).
- Hated capitalism, but played the capitalists for fools.
- Was abandoned by his father.
- Believed that a strong, powerful intrusive central government was the answer to…well, virtually everything. (The replacement father?)
- Was comfortable with state ownership of large corporations.
- Used the unions to gain power.
- Came to power by taking advantage of a severe financial crisis.
- Targeted the banking industry directly.
- Had a virtual stranglehold on the national press…only supportive stories appeared.
- German journalists by-and-large admired Hitler; they gave him good press because they loved him, and covered for his errors or omitted embarrassing stories.
- Hitler kept his base loyal by promising them entitlements.
- Targeted internal “national” enemies for the population to hate (in his case, jews & slavs).
- Tried to portray himself as a good Christian, but in fact tended toward atheism.
- Was fond of the “big lie” as a propaganda technique: if you say it often enough, people will eventually believe it.
- Inflamed his audiences with the inequality between the poor (the German masses) and the “rich” (the Jewish bankers).
- Played the part of the suffering victim.
- Was personally quite wealthy, but hid that fact from public view.
- Lavished political favors on his faithful top tier of supporters.
- Valued personal loyalty in his staff above all else -- even above knowledge or wisdom.
- Used “bullying” and “intimidation” techniques to silence or convert critics.
- Originally very popular with homosexuals (in the early days, homosexuality was dominant in the Sturmabteilung). That changed after the Night of the Long Knives and the homosexual community became another ‘enemy’ for Hitler.
- Upended traditional German laws and made his own.
- Kicked off his political career with a ghost-written book about himself.
- Changed his name so it was more fashionable.
- Directly targeted the youth for indoctrination.
- Invented his own unique salute.
- Banned guns.
- Nationalized healthcare.
- Didn’t like Jews as a people (but was OK with a few individually).
- Sympathetic toward environmentalism and vegetarianism.
- Considered himself a “progressive,” designing the future.
- Was very friendly with other despots and dictators around the world.
- Became personally angry if anyone opposed him.
- Considered himself the “savior” of his country, which needed "transformation." A very strong messiah complex.

I also noted there were vast differences; here are just a few, and there are of course many more:

- Hitler hated communism.
- Hitler admired his predecessor.
- Hitler despised blacks.
- Hitler didn't marry and had no children of his own (that we know of).
- Hitler had military experience and admired the military.
- Hitler was militarily aggressive.
- Hitler didn't rely on a teleprompter.
- Hitler had a little mustache. And so on.

So I repeat: Obama does not equal Hitler. History does not repeat itself in that manner. But it's not yet illegal in the USA to notice some interesting similarities, although I'm certain the modern "brown shirts" won't like this post.



If you are offended, then I am gratified. Nice try dragging WWII veterans into this, but...sophomoric, and completely beside the point. Sort of like most of this thread, this post included, which has *virtually nothing* to do with the original discussion.


Are you for real

And you accuse me of being sophomoric
tenforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 18:17   #87
ray9898
Senior Member
 
ray9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 17,161


Hitler's selection as Time 'man of the year' was not because of admiration.
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:36   #88
tenforme
Senior Member
 
tenforme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray9898 View Post
Hitler's selection as Time 'man of the year' was not because of admiration.
Agreed!
tenforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 16:40   #89
Aceman
Senior Member
 
Aceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa
Posts: 6,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenforme View Post
Good god is there no end to this BS?

So the lunatic fringe of the GOP is proposing a new law that prohibits the government from doing something it does not do but which could have unintended consequences.

I guess the counterpoint will be laws from the lunatic fringe of the Dems seeking to outlaw citizens from hoarding ammo!!!
Thank God neither of them is working on Job Creation or we would all be effed.
Aceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 16:43   #90
Aceman
Senior Member
 
Aceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa
Posts: 6,374
And as long as it has been brought up, key difference between Hitler/Obama:

#1 Hitler was EVIL; Obama is CLUELESS
#2 Hitler got things done; Obama, not so much.
Aceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 20:54   #91
Bolster
Not Ready Yet!
 
Bolster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: State of Stupidity
Posts: 1,106
Wow, I was too early with my list. Now we can add:

- Use of political office to "investigate" and hopefully criminalize political enemies
- Massive infiltration of (and spying on) the media.

Nothing done? Grab Americans by their health care, and the entire citizen contract with government changes. You can regulate and confiscate pretty much anything in the name of "health." It just takes time. But we have turned the corner. No going back (without heroics).

Actually I think Obama is looking perhaps more Nixonian than anything else, lately.

"I am too cool to be a crook."

Survival/Preparedness Forum

PS: Yes, I also agree about the Time cover. The Time magazine cover was for entirely different reasons: admiration for Obama, and fear and loathing for Hitler.
__________________
From the "...land of the regulated, and the home of the entitled."
Obama is the symptom, not the cause.

Last edited by Bolster; 05-13-2013 at 21:15..
Bolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 23:05   #92
CA-Erik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Woodbridge, CA
Posts: 13
Bolster, I don't disagree with what you have laid out here tonight including your list, as amended. Congratulations! Too many of the responses try to make fun or belittle your thoughts without making a cogent argument.
CA-Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 20:23   #93
Righttoown
Senior Member
 
Righttoown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 267
The bottom line is the dollar is done! You cannot contiune to print 40 billion a month with no assets to back it up. Most other countries are ready to drop the dollar as the world currency. They see that the US is doing nothing to control there spending. It can't keep going like this and the government knows it. They are preparing for civil unrest. When the dollar is all but worthless and inflation is out of control people will be out of control.
__________________
The 9 most terrifying words of the english language, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help'
Righttoown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 23:52   #94
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 26,647
Blog Entries: 1


Read the thread "What Happens When The handouts stop".'08.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 20:15   #95
JackMac
Senior Member
 
JackMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 845
Nay, Say, all you sayers. Our Nation was asleep on December 7, 1941. Our Nation was asleep on 9-11. Our Nation was asleep on Bengazi and our Nation's leaders are taking a nap again along with most of the citizenry. Wake up people, look around you. What is going on? The federal government is not here to help us. It is like the queen bee and we are the worker bees. The federal government has gotten too big and too crooked. Anti Christian too.
__________________
Armatissimi e liberissimi
JackMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 22:52   #96
SDDL-UP
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,036
The way I saw the numbers it breaks down to 3000-4000 rounds per year for every DHS person allowed to carry a weapon. That's too much IMO - WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY to pay DHS to train that much. Cut the foolish spending.
__________________
"Arm yourself, arm a friend!"
SDDL-UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 23:57   #97
LongGun1
StraightShooter
 
LongGun1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: N E Louisiana & N Arkansas
Posts: 12,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDL-UP View Post
The way I saw the numbers it breaks down to 3000-4000 rounds per year for every DHS person allowed to carry a weapon. That's too much IMO - WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY to pay DHS to train that much. Cut the foolish spending.
Too many paid DHS.... especially when considering patriotic citizens would do the job for free ....as is their birthright .....if not hampered by the federal government.
__________________
"Got Preps"??

"Accuracy first, Speed second.....Speed first, Accuracy never"

Last edited by LongGun1; 05-31-2013 at 23:58..
LongGun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:49   #98
Aceman
Senior Member
 
Aceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa
Posts: 6,374
Well, when you guys stop voting for DEM's or REPUBS, maybe something will change.

But it seems many of you really seriously believe one is better than the other.
Aceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:37   #99
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 26,647
Blog Entries: 1


Let's leave politics outta the S/P.'08.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:13   #100
ArmoryDoc
Need a haircut
 
ArmoryDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,849
All that non-existant ammo they aren't buying and aren't stockpiling is going to go to potential use when the economy heaves it's dying breaths and falls flat on its face, only this next time worse.

Americans that are used to having, won't have. The inner city cesspools, already bad, are going to come apart and stink to high heaven when things get really bad. DHS and their armor will roll out.
ArmoryDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:16.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 856
199 Members
657 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42