Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-27-2013, 16:51   #176
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
you would have saved 38 euros (around 50 dollars I think?) by getting them from a vendor. See to me, someone on a limited income, that is a lot.
Well, you probably wouldnt be spending the 90€ on the tickets without adding another 38€. I also doubt you would be spending 100€ on a hotel room for the night or the 60€ in gas to get there.

But we have gotten to the root of your problem with the ammo finally:

You have a limited income and are upset that something costs more than you think it should.
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 16:51   #177
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
They "Help" me in the same way a ticket scalper who charges me double "helps" me.
."
Yes. See, now your actually learning something. Did you read an economics book and not tell anyone? You sneaky rascal you.

You'll understand the most basic economics before long. Just watch.

I'm actually proud of you. Kind of reminds me of the first time my puppy learned to poo outside.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 16:52   #178
Khao

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
You have it wrong.

If this person wouldnt have bought them, they would have been all sold out and I would have had to purchase tickets with the risk of not being able to use them since I did not know at the time they went on sale if I could use them.

I also would have had to been online when the tickets went on sale.

So for 38€ I was able to bypass risk of having tickets I couldnt use and didn't have to take valuable time trying to get tickets.

I got a good deal for a useful service.

*sigh*

The Okie Corral

Keep your head in the sand, what do I care.
Old 03-27-2013, 16:54   #179
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
And I will re-iterate, I know this is all perfectly legal and I don't think it should be otherwise. But I DO think you should get home and feel a certain level of shame.
For providing people with a product they want at a price they agree too? Shame? Why? That's what makes the economy work (well that and quantitative easing?

Not everyone wants to stand in line at Wal mart hoping to buy a measly ammo pittance. Better to pay some guy to do it for you.

Old 03-27-2013, 16:56   #180
Khao

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Yes. See, now your actually learning something. Did you read an economics book and not tell anyone? You sneaky rascal you.

You'll understand the most basic economics before long. Just watch.

I'm actually proud of you. Kind of reminds me of the first time my puppy learned to poo outside.

You're not impressing anyone here. Maybe the other extremists, maybe. When you want to drop your internet persona and talk with me as a person I'll be waiting... (I realize this must be hard, 35000 posts in 5 years... it must be getting hard to differentiate where "certifiedfunds" ends and YOU begin.)

I'll be waiting.
Old 03-27-2013, 16:56   #181
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Well, you probably wouldnt be spending the 90€ on the tickets without adding another 38€. I also doubt you would be spending 100€ on a hotel room for the night or the 60€ in gas to get there.

You have a limited income and are upset that something costs more than you think it should.
I've asked him several times why he doesn't just order his ammo on the Internet. Everything's in stock somewhere. UPS delivers it to your door.

He keeps ignoring the question. Dunno why.

Old 03-27-2013, 16:58   #182
Atlas
transmogrifier

Quote:
Would that make me a hord?
A mag-hord.
(not to be confused with a "clip-hord" )

For any gun I consider important, my minimum is 20 mags for a pistol. 30 feels better though.

Now P-mags (I prefer the 20-round mags) for the AR....
30 doesn't come near the minimum threshold.

"Enough" for a lifetime? I prefer more than enough. Then I can go on to focus on other matters.

Again, many seem to be comfortable with the belief that some retail or online source will always have them available if/when you need more..

To those folks I say more power to ya, I don't chose to take the chance on that. Some things matter... greatly.

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY

Last edited by Atlas; 03-27-2013 at 16:58..
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 17:00   #183
Atlas
transmogrifier

Quote:

Uh huh..

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY
Old 03-27-2013, 17:04   #184
Khao

If you must know, I buy 90% of my ammo online. Does that mean I'm not allowed to get upset when I see shooters taking advantage of other shooters? You're shameless.

The GT gestapo strikes again.

Last edited by Khao; 03-27-2013 at 17:09..
Khao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 17:04   #185
racerford

It seems some of the capitalist on here are missing a few key points. Capitalism and free markets are efficient at resource distribution and work when they are free markets and meet certain criteria. There is much more to successful capitalism and free markets than willing buyer willing seller.

There needs to be perfect information to the whole market. It is not a free market when only a few participants have certain key information. That's why they have insider trading laws. That way some participant don't get screwed because withholds information to their benefit. Without perfect information their are not efficient free markets.

When there is a monopoly, there is not a free market and they are not efficient.

When there are high barriers to entry, there are not free markets. Those that are clamoring for capitalism and free markets, are you in favor of patents?

When the market is thinly traded, and a few (relatively speaking) players can move the market or gain control of the supply there are not free markets. Does anybody remember the Hunt Brothers of 1979 and 1980 and their silver exploits?

Manipulating the market is very destructive to the efficient function of free markets and capitalism. It creates false demand and supply signals. It is short term beneficial to a few people and long term damaging to the market to the product. It can easily bankrupt manufacturers that expand production on false signals, and then the market collapses when the manipulators can no longer maintain the false demand signal (they can't keep buying all the production making others think there is a short supply). Then the market price collapses and the manufacturers cannot repay loans or get insufficient return on the investment and back away from the market. Then there is a real shortage of supply after the glut is cleared. The real consumers of the product and the manufacturers are ultimately the ones damaged by the market manipulation. That is not free enterprise.
racerford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 17:05   #186
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
A mag-hord.
(not to be confused with a "clip-hord" )

For any gun I consider important, my minimum is 20 mags for a pistol. 30 feels better though.

Now P-mags (I prefer the 20-round mags) for the AR....
30 doesn't come near the minimum threshold.

"Enough" for a lifetime? I prefer more than enough. Then I can go on to focus on other matters.

Again, many seem to be comfortable with the belief that some retail or online source will always have them available if/when you need more..

To those folks I say more power to ya, I don't chose to take the chance on that. Some things matter... greatly.

Those are the ranges I have been buying to. So I am not insane (OK, that is debatable...but not because of magazines)
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 03-27-2013, 17:07   #187
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrGlock View Post
My parakeet's hair is now dry. Thank you for showing interest.
I am presuming that you know that your sentence that precipitated this goes way beyond signagture-worthy, and is in the same range as some of the most memorable single sentences in movies or phrases in advertising. In the right movie or commercial I believe that could be in the "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn/Where's the beef?/Go Ahead. Make my Day" range of memorables.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
I think we can all agree that we don't like higher prices...who does?

I disagree. I am guessing more than a few of the people selling like these prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1911 View Post
Hoarding will cause LGS's and ranges to close. Sit there with no place to shoot. No shooting, no NRA. Goodbye second amendment.

The hoarders can sit in there basements saying things like"don't tread on me" when the DHS blows a hole in their wall and neutralizes them.
If someone could weave chemtrails, a couple MRAPs, and that 1.6 Quadrillion rounds of ammunition, this might even seem better...
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.

Last edited by Bruce M; 03-27-2013 at 17:08..
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 17:08   #188
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerford View Post
It can easily bankrupt manufacturers that expand production on false signals,
So it is Khao wanting cheap ammo send false signals that will bankrupt ammo companies.
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 03-27-2013, 17:13   #189
Khao

Quote:
So it is Khao wanting cheap ammo send false signals that will bankrupt ammo companies.
Are you an ammo scalper?

If you're going to **** me... at least have the courtesy to give the reacharound.
Old 03-27-2013, 17:16   #190

Quote:
Are you an ammo scalper?

If you're going to **** me... at least have the courtesy to give the reacharound.
Why, so you'll feel good?

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 17:17   #191
Atlas
transmogrifier

Quote:
If you must know, I buy 90% of my ammo online. Does that mean I'm not allowed to get upset when I see an shooters taking advantage of other shooters? You're shameless.

The GT gestapo strikes again.
You continue to use phrases like "take advantage of", as if it were a definitive. That phrase is simply your emotional subjective opinion. You're entitled to it of course, but don't mistake it for objective fact and don't expect everyone else to do so.

I get that you feel we should all just take care of each other, but the world just doesn't work that way.

The essence of a free market though (and I'm not going to rely on the term "capitalism") is that people acting in their own interest creates greater material wealth for everyone.

Yeah, sometimes it's a little cold, but how else would you really, realistically expect it to work?

Go ahead, call me a heartless bastard also, but the free market economic system created the United States, and took us from a wilderness frontier to the wealthiest nation in history in the blink of an eye, historically speaking.

The laws that govern basic economics are a subset of the laws of human nature. That is why they work as they do.
And yes, human nature is selfish. It has always been thus and will never change. Attempting to act counter to those economic laws in the marketplace will benefit no one. Ever.

Old 03-27-2013, 17:23   #192
Khao

Quote:
You continue to use phrases like "take advantage of", as if it were a definitive. That phrase is simply your emotional subjective opinion. You're entitled to it of course, but don't mistake it for objective fact and don't expect everyone else to do so.

I get that you feel we should all just take care of each other, but the world just doesn't work that way.

The essence of a free market though (and I'm not going to rely on the term "capitalism") is that people acting in their own interest creates greater material wealth for everyone.

Yeah, sometimes it's a little cold, but how else would you really, realistically expect it to work?

Go ahead, call me a heartless bastard also, but the free market economic system created the United States, and took us from a wilderness frontier to the wealthiest nation in history in the blink of an eye, historically speaking.

The laws that govern basic economics are a subset of the laws of human nature. That is why they work as they do.
And yes, human nature is selfish. It has always been thus and will never change. Attempting to act counter to those economic laws in the marketplace will benefit no one. Ever.

What a sad world exists in that head of yours. The way you put it, you would think we never climbed out of the slime and worked towards a common good (civilization). We're all animals, let's act as such. Good idea.

Look out for numero uno, **** everyone else.

I don't think you're heartless, in the same way I don't think certifiedfunds is. I refuse to believe you are all that selfish.... it will depress me.

Last edited by Khao; 03-27-2013 at 17:27..
Old 03-27-2013, 17:25   #193

Quote:
What a sad world exists in that head of yours. The way you put it, you would think we never climbed out of the slime and worked towards a common good (civilization). We're all animals, let's act as such. Good idea.

You don't do anything out of your own self-interest?

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 17:27   #194
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by joatmo View Post
I have 150 rounds of .45...., I love to shoot but it's not life or death.
At some point in time some ammunition may be a matter of life or death for a few people. But for the vast majority of the few of us who may regrettably find ourselves in that position, probably whatever ammunition we can hold in one hand will be sufficient.
Quote:
... I think you should buy what you need from an existing vendor, and stop creating more middlemen
I do wonder if someone had a friend go to Walmart for them to get a couple boxes of ammunition, would it be appropriate to offer the guy a few dollars for gasoline, or pay a couple dollars over the retail price for his time? If so where is the line between how much extra is appropriate and how much past that is immoral?
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.

Last edited by Bruce M; 03-27-2013 at 17:27..
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 17:27   #195
Atlas
transmogrifier

Quote:

Well tell us please...
In your understanding what enabled us to crawl out of that slime?

And please tell me this:
Have you ever created a product and taken it to market?

Old 03-27-2013, 17:29   #196
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Well tell us please...

And please tell me this:
We have a little communist here. I don't think he realizes it though.
Old 03-27-2013, 17:30   #197
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post

I do wonder if someone had a friend go to Walmart for them to get a couple boxes of ammunition, would it be appropriate to offer the guy a few dollars for gasoline, or pay a couple dollars over the retail price for his time? If so where is the line between how much extra is appropriate and how much past that is immoral?
There is no morality involved. The two men are engaging in commerce on their own terms, freely.
Old 03-27-2013, 17:31   #198
Khao

Quote:
Well tell us please...

And please tell me this:
Irrigation and farming. Not to mention a highly developed frontal lobe.

No I haven't.
Old 03-27-2013, 17:32   #199
Khao

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
We have a little communist here. I don't think he realizes it though.
I've read Marx, Engels, Trotsky, Lenin. I share nothing in common with them. The sad thing with extremists is, those two extremes are the only thing that exist in their head. There is no middle ground with them.

The rest of us look on at you, with the same kind of morbid curiosity you get when witnessing a trainwreck.

Last edited by Khao; 03-27-2013 at 17:33..
Old 03-27-2013, 17:34   #200
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist