Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:52   #101
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
Want to help the ammo situation? BE AN AMMO SCALPER! Hahahahaha, again certifiedfunds, Bravo!

The Okie Corral
Put your money (ammo) where your mouth is.

Offer up your ammo for sale at the price you paid for it.

Either you are hypocrite and only want to steal from sellers or you will post up you ammo.

I will gladly pay you $18 for a 550 round box of golden bullets.
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:52   #102
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Lost all my guns & ammo in a tragic boating accident.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:55   #103
DanaT
Pharaoh

For all you holier-than-thou buyers, I am in the market for an HK91. Not a clone. A West German made HK91.

The last ones imported were around $700. I am willing to pay $700 for one (or more).

I will await you PMs to sell me the HK91 I need for $700.

I will even pay for the shipping!!
2x4=8, not 14.

Last edited by DanaT; 03-27-2013 at 07:56..
Old 03-27-2013, 07:56   #104
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
You really don't see what's wrong with what you're doing? It's unethical, and quite honestly something a scumbag would do.

You're not a scumbag are you?
Ethics are subjective.

before you point fingers, I've only bought during this panic, not sold. and I didn't buy because of the panic, I bought because I wanted more guns and found deals on them that were pre-panic prices.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:02   #105
DanaT
Pharaoh

How much is anyone offering for Troy Battle Mags??

I can get about 25 of them....
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:13   #106
cyphertext

I think we can all agree that we don't like higher prices...who does?

But with that said, everything Certified Funds has said is spot on. The reason that you can not find ammo at the local Walmart, Academy, etc. is because they have it priced below market value currently. The fact that their shelves are bare prove this!

When demand is high (currently), and supply is low (currently), prices should rise. Everyone complains about Cheaper Than Dirt "gouging", but there is not a line outside of their store every morning at 6AM, waiting to buy up their ammo. They have it priced according to market and are not feeding the secondary market.

The fact that people are willing to stand outside a store in the cold for several hours before it opens to purchase .22lr illustrates that the pricing is too low for current market conditions. We are not talking the new tech gizmo or toy, where the initial demand dies after a few weeks....we are talking 100 year, or more, old technology.

I haven't paid more for ammo during this shortage as I have had some from previous purchases, but I would rather know that I can run down to CTD and buy a brick of .22lr for $50 and be able to go to the range, than go to 4 Walmarts and see an empty shelf with a $18 price tag on it.
cyphertext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:23   #107
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

All you people that prepared for this, and stocked up well before Sandy Hook, YOU are the problem dang hoarders

I demand you all distribute your stockpiles evenly between the shooting community. It's just not fair for us that choose not to maintain any stock and only shoot what we can find in the store on the day we shoot

And all you reloaders, you are part of the problem too! If you weren't hoarding all the primers and powder, then the ammo factories could make more factory ammo for the rest of us

Last edited by Fear Night; 03-27-2013 at 08:29..
Fear Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:23   #108
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
When demand is high (currently), and supply is low (currently), prices should rise. Everyone complains about Cheaper Than Dirt "gouging", but there is not a line outside of their store every morning at 6AM, waiting to buy up their ammo. They have it priced according to market and are not feeding the secondary market.
I paid $3 per magazine from CTD. Not a bad deal. I bought a box full and might buy another.
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:23   #109
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPX View Post
People who buy firearms or ammo with the sole intent of flipping should be shot.
If not done away with permanently, give them prison time. Flipping is nothing more than a straw purchase.

I'm to the point of saying, close the private sell loophole and be done with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I'm, glad your not in charge. Lots of people think guns should be banned and be done with it; I hate that they are in charge.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:30   #110
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

My parakeet's hair is now dry. Thank you for showing interest.
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:38   #111
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmotive View Post
Yeah...I'm pretty bitter too. Got the stamp for my new silencer in February. Haven't been able to get my hands on 147gr 9mm.
Anyone bragging about sitting on 50k rounds of ammo, never ever complain about other people jacking around with prices of commodities you use. Food, fuel, electricity....don't you dare complain.
I'm pretty sure people that can afford 50k rounds of ammunition aren't going to be impacted by the price of their milk and bread ...

Don't blame us that prepared for this well before Sandy Hook, or 2012 even. I haven't bought any factory ammo since the recent craze.

I'll refrain from posting a picture of how many 147gr 9mm bullets I have ready to be reloaded
Fear Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:38   #112
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

I would like to, um, date, Kirsten Dunst. However, due to market speculation, I cannot afford what it would cost me to woo her. I feel this is grossly unfair.
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:44   #113
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
No. There is no difference.

Lemme guess. Public schools?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

The government does promote mediocrity, so I wouldn't be shocked at his knowledge in basic economics.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:45   #114
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalchmai View Post
I would like to, um, date, Kirsten Dunst. However, due to market speculation, I cannot afford what it would cost me to woo her. I feel this is grossly unfair.
The answer is clear, we need a socialized Kirsten Dunst program. Everyone deserves one.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:59   #115
dwhite53

As an employee I can ask my price for my service. Potential employer can say yes or no. He makes an offer, I do the same.

If we do not like the price offered, we don't whine. We move on. We do not accuse each other of gouging.

All the Best,
D. White

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by dwhite53; 03-27-2013 at 08:59..
dwhite53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:31   #116
mc1911

Hoarding will cause LGS's and ranges to close. Sit there with no place to shoot. No shooting, no NRA. Goodbye second amendment.

The hoarders can sit in there basements saying things like"don't tread on me" when the DHS blows a hole in their wall and neutralizes them.
mc1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:34   #117
Psychman
NRA Life Member

I have plenty of factory ammo, and plenty of componants to make alot more ammo. I guess I am a hoarder. They say that admitting your problems is the first step to getting better. Whew!! I feel better already.

NCOWS
Hey, I just love guns.
Psychman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:35   #118
Psychman
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1911 View Post
Hoarding will cause LGS's and ranges to close. Sit there with no place to shoot. No shooting, no NRA. Goodbye second amendment.

The hoarders can sit in there basements saying things like"don't tread on me" when the DHS blows a hole in their wall and neutralizes them.
Wow. You do like to contemplate extremes don't you?

NCOWS
Hey, I just love guns.
Psychman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:48   #119
mc1911

local gun stores

Local gun stores are in a bind. Limit ammo sales so most people get some ammo and keep some on hand to sell with firearms. This upsets some people and they get angry.

Sell ammunition at market clearing prices that match up ammo cost with demand. As prices rise, demand falls.

This causes customers to ***** about being ripped off and vowing never to buy at that store again.

I am all for the free market. That is why my demand for store bought ammo will be zero until at least May. I think others should also reduce demand and end the panic.

The free market goes up, but it also goes down.
mc1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:56   #120
DanaT
Pharaoh

Why hasn't anyone offered up their ammo yet for sale for what they paid?

Khao...we are waiting on you to do the ethical thing and sell ammo for what it cost you!!

JEEPX...we dont want to have to shoot anyone...so where is the ammo you are putting up for sale for what you paid for it?
2x4=8, not 14.

Last edited by DanaT; 03-27-2013 at 09:56..
Old 03-27-2013, 09:57   #121
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

Let's just say that I'd like to happen to the current ammo speculators what happened to the tulip bulb speculators a few hundred years ago...
Old 03-27-2013, 10:02   #122
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_minn View Post
There is not set time/amount/price.... Its the grey area of "intent" IF you INTEND to buy it to resell. not good. If you decide to sell it later (because you didn't like it, it didn't fit your hand, the CEO of company said somethign you didn't like. (basicly for ANY REASON) selling it is legal (if other laws followed)
Its even legal if you buy it "because you always wanted one" but know you will likely need $$$ and this will be first you get rid of.
Read the 4473, ask yourself. Am I buying this for ME, or as gift for family? You are likely ok.
I have cousin who wants me to buy a SCAR 18 if I see one. To sell it to him) That is NOT legal. So I won't do it. (I will call him, ask if I could put $50 for dealer to hold it till he gets there)
Got to agree here. If you are purchasing it for someone else that is going to purchase it from you it is a straw purchase. Regardless of whether they are prohibited, you are lying on the 4473. If you told the truth that you were buying it for someone else and being repaid for it, the store would refuse the sale.

What that guy from the Facebook page is doing is walking on a frayed tightrope. He openly admitted he was purchasing the firearms for resale which means he is lying on the 4473 for every firearm he is buying for that purpose. Aside from that, BATFE has a well documented history of interpreting laws the way they see fit. In fact many of the laws they enforce are written very open ended to allow such vague interpretations. The one on the purchase and resale of a firearm seems pretty cut and dried though. This guy is doing something ILLEGAL, and he openly admitted it on Facebook leaving BATFE the ability to potentially hit him with a straw purchase for every firearm he has purchased that he no longer has possesion of. This guy is an absolute idiot and has no understanding of what the consequences of his actions could potentially be.
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:08   #123
Roger1079

Quote:

Forget blowing a hole in the wall. There would just be a drone strike ordered on the house. Problem solved. Drone strikes should also be ordered on the hoarders residences so that ranges, stores, and the NRA won't cease to exist, and the 2nd amendment won't be wiped from the Bill of Rights.

Last edited by Roger1079; 03-27-2013 at 10:09..
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:21   #124
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

At the range I frequent they have ammo but they are rationing the sale to two boxes for range use and one box to take home. I've also noticed a lot fewer people shooting at the range in the last few weeks, and I attribute that to the ammo shortage.

Cowboy, I don't think the speculators are that big a factor in the shortage. I've seen several of these now and I think it's mostly caused by ordinary folks panic buying all the available supply. After all the other panics I never saw any indications of speculators going broke.
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:28   #125

Quote:
No, not having ammo because their prices are below the current market and they have no ability to restock. If they'd raised their prices, they might have some ammo to sell.

Quote:
Why would they do that? Please explain.

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote