Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-26-2013, 22:01   #76
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
Because ethics are subjective and intrinsic to a person. If you haven't come to the conclusion that taking advantage of your fellow man is wrong yet... then I won't be able to convince you any different.

It just speaks volumes about the type of person you are defending this type of behavior. (I actually have a feeling this is more likely an internet persona...I see through you)
Ethics aren't subjective. Sorry charley.

Your butthurt over free enterprise speaks volumes about your ignorance.

The only thing wrong with what you're complaining about is that you don't like it. You'd prefer low prices and purchase limits on empty shelves than to see market prices and ammo available for purchase. Silly.

Then you start bad mouthing people for doing exactly what they're supposed to do and actually helping the ammo situation instead of feeding the frenzy.

Still waiting for you to sell me that case of 308 for $250. What's the holdup?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 22:04   #77
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

If I have a box of 9mm that I can sell for $30, why do you feel entitled to buy it for $12?

Old 03-26-2013, 22:09   #78
Khao

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Ethics aren't subjective. Sorry charley.
[/URL]
Different schools of thought on that, but whatever.

Quote:
Your butthurt over free enterprise speaks volumes about your ignorance.

The only thing wrong with what you're complaining about is that you don't like it. You'd prefer low prices and purchase limits on empty shelves than to see market prices and ammo available for purchase. Silly.

Then you start bad mouthing people for doing exactly what they're supposed to do and actually helping the ammo situation instead of feeding the frenzy.

Still waiting for you to sell me that case of 308 for $250. What's the holdup?

In no way will you ever be able to convince me, or the majority of people, that buying everything wallmart has and selling it at an inflated price is "helping the ammo situation". You must think we're all complete fools.

This is not about free-market or capitalism, it's about d-bags defending and trying to justify their d-baggery.

Last edited by Khao; 03-26-2013 at 22:13..
Khao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 22:13   #79
Happypuppy

People are buying and flipping ammo. I have seen the same guys at Walmart buying ammo and at gun shows. I was told by one of the guys that he was a dealer and the big buyers get ammo and he can't. He said it was the only way he can stay in business.
Happypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 22:17   #80
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Different schools of thought on that, but whatever.
See, that's the thing. There are actual schools of thought in ethics. Business ethics is actually taught in business school by people who make it their life's work studying ethics -- in business.

Perhaps you could reference the school of thought that you subscribe to that says buying goods and selling them at market prices to willing consumers is unethical?

I've searched and the only thing I can come up with was written by some dead Russians.

Quote:
In no way will you ever be able to convince me, or the majority of people, that buying everything wallmart has and selling it at an inflated price is "helping the ammo situation"
If I can't convince you maybe an intro level Economics textbook can. You can find them at your local library. Free online courses too.

Keeping prices artificially low, and keeping ammo artificially scarce makes the problem worse. Pricing ammo appropriately in the parking lot of Wal Mart makes things a little better.

Quote:
This is not about free-market or capitalism, it's about d-bags defending and trying to justify their d-baggery.

It most certainly is about free enterprise. You're really at the point of embarrassing yourself now.

I'll ask you again, what is d-baggish about buying goods and re-selling them at market prices? You still can't answer that other than to call names and say you don't like it.

So why aren't you ordering your ammo online? Its all in stock.
Old 03-26-2013, 22:20   #81
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Khao: Why do you feel entitled to cheap ammo?

Why don't you guys just beat those d-bags to Wal Mart and buy the ammo yourself?

Quote:
If I have a box of 9mm that I can sell for $30, why do you feel entitled to buy it for $12?

Here's a thought:

If Wal Mart would raise the price of ammo to market levels, it would be in stock when you finally rolled out of bed and those guys couldn't re-sell it at gun shows.

But since they are reselling it at gun shows, who's buying it? Clearly there are people going to gun shows who want ammo and are willing to pay a market price for it. Why shouldn't these guys provide it to them?
Old 03-26-2013, 22:27   #82
Khao

Quote:
Pricing ammo appropriately in the parking lot of Wal Mart makes things a little better.
Quote:
Pricing ammo appropriately in the parking lot of Wal Mart makes things a little better.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

lol.

I just realized who I'm arguing with. I'm done with this thread. I got trolled so hard. You are a master of your craft sir.

Last edited by Khao; 03-26-2013 at 22:29..
Khao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 22:27   #83
bdhawk

Send a message via Yahoo to bdhawk
i do not want to come across as a dudley do right but, whatever happened to the golden rule?

do you really think it is ok to charge a guy two to three prices for a box of ammo so he can defend his home and family?

is it right to charge a rancher that is barely getting by, two to three prices for a box of .223 so he can kill some coyotes that are killing his calves?

after a hurricane, is it really ok to sell $3.50 a gallon gas for
$5-6.00, just 'cause you can? is it ok to sell a $300.00 generator for a $1000.00 because the buyer is desperate to save a freezer full of meat, or to keep his sickly child comfortable?

since when is greed such desirable trait? why do so many think it is ok to take advantage of his fellow shooters. cheating someone under the guise of free enterprise is still cheating.

i hope all these 'free enterprise' whackos don't try this stuff with food, medicine, shelter......

my favorite rule in IDPA is 'failure to do right'. we have many many people who are failing to do right.

i refuse to cheat or take advantage of anyone.

N.R.A. RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

G22 - G27 - G20 sf

Last edited by bdhawk; 03-26-2013 at 22:31..
bdhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 22:30   #84
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
lol.

I just realized who I'm arguing with. I'm done with this thread. I got trolled so hard.
All you can do is tell me how you FEEL. Nothing more.

I'll ask you again, why aren't you buying your ammo online? Its in stock all over the place every day.
Old 03-26-2013, 22:35   #85

Quote:
I can't / won't because it's intrinsic, you either see what you're doing is wrong or you don't... and nothing I type here will change your mind anyway.

Please. It's not intrinsic.
Here's how you do it:

"I think ___X___ is unethical, immoral, wrong, because" then you support your argument.

You can't support your position because it's based on emotion. Emotion.

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 22:40   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Glocker View Post
The horders annoy me, as do the buy-sell folks. Sure they're legal, but they're running up the prices for the rest of us, and making it tough for many people to even afford ammo anymore. That is why they annoy me. I have the right to my opinions.

I have plenty of ammo and plenty of guns, and yet I find these people annoying.

And to those who ask what is wrong with doing it? Well, I answer you're ****ing over the rest of the gun community. You think that is ok? Well then your a piece of ****.

Too many selfish people in our world today.
How are firearms, ammo, mags, different than any other commodity when it comes to buying and selling.

When I put stuff in an auction, I'm not setting the prices people in the gun community are. They are setting the market prices.

Old 03-26-2013, 22:44   #87
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhawk View Post
i do not want to come across as a dudley do right but, whatever happened to the golden rule?

do you really think it is ok to charge a guy two to three prices for a box of ammo so he can defend his home and family?

is it right to charge a rancher that is barely getting by, two to three prices for a box of .223 so he can kill some coyotes that are killing his calves?

$6-6.00, just 'cause you can? is it ok to sell a $300.00 generator for a $1000.00 because the buyer is desperate to save a freezer full of meat, or to keep his sickly child comfortable?

since when is greed such desirable trait? why do so many think it is ok to take advantage of his fellow shooters. cheating someone under the guise of free enterprise is still cheating.

i hope all these 'free enterprise' whackos don't try this stuff with food, medicine, shelter......

my favorite rule in IDPA is 'failure to do right'. we have many many people who are failing to do right.

The answer to all of your questions essentially is YES. Its ok. It isn't greed, it is necessary. The prices are what put the ammo there for the guy to buy to shoot his coyotes and protect his family. Price it at 2011 prices and the shelves are empty. They're really screwed then.

How many flat bed trucks have YOU loaded with $300 generators and driven into hurricane disaster zones?

Take gasoline for another example. After one storm they held prices low but capped it at 10 gallons per person. What a pain in the ass that was. To buy gas you had to wait in line for hours. Then, when you finally got there sometimes it was sold out but if it wasn't, you only got 10 gallons. I needed more than 10 gallons. My neighbors needed gas too so they waited in line with me. Wouldn't it be better if I could go and get gas for myself and 3 neighbors while they stayed back and tarped my roof?

Meanwhile, back at the house, me and all my neighbors are digging out. Tarping roofs, cutting trees, picking up debris. How am I going to do all of this when I need to wait in line for gas? Wouldn't it be better if they just jacked the price so that there would be no line and we could all get back to work? Which is better for everyone? Waiting in line all day to get "not enough" gas or buying what you need and getting back to work fixing the house and community?

How about food and water? Ever been in a grocery store just before a hurricane? Shelves empty and people buying whatever they can find to fill a buggy. Do you really need 5 loaves of bread or 12 cases of coke? No, probably not. But that's what people do. Why? The government makes them hold prices below market.

If government wouldn't do that, people wouldn't buy 5 loaves of bread to go stale. They'd think about whether they really needed bread and buy only what they needed, and the shelves wouldn't be bare.

Its the same with ammo. Demand is through the roof. Retailers hold prices down because if not, gun owners scream foul. As a result, those same gun owners clean out the shelves simply because they can and they know ammo is scarce. It creates a frenzy and the guy who needs to shoot coyotes on his ranch is screwed.

Raise the price of ammo and people will buy only what they need, if anything at all. Few people NEED ammo. Then, was prices slowly decline, things can go back to normal. However, we keep this low price/purchase limit crap and it will delay things getting back to normal.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 03-26-2013 at 22:47..
Old 03-26-2013, 22:46   #88
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
lol.

I just realized who I'm arguing with. I'm done with this thread. I got trolled so hard. You are a master of your craft sir.
I realize early on who I was arguing with. Go to the library. It won't kill ya.

You still haven't said why you aren't simply ordering your ammo online. Why you dodging that one sport?

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 03-26-2013 at 22:46..
Old 03-26-2013, 22:49   #89
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Those guys buying ammo at Wal Mart and selling it at gun shows.......why don't you just go to the gun show and buy it from them?
Old 03-26-2013, 22:52   #90
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

For me, ammo is like groceries ... when prices were reasonable, I'd buy ammo every payday.

Nice having 550 rnd bricks of .22lr in the safe I paid 8.99 for, and cases and cases of lake city xm193 I paid 154/100 for.

Plan ahead and you will never be seen as a hoarder.

I learned from a member here long ago, buy it cheap and stock it deep.

Last ammo purchase I made was in December, and got 1000 rnds of brass 9mm for 9 bucks a box, and 1000 rnds of .45 for 15 bucks a box, and complained to high heaven about the cost.

I miss the good ol days, I must be gettin old.

Click HERE
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 22:57   #91

If I have South African battle packs that I paid $25 each when they were plentiful, should I sell it at my original cost or at current market prices? What would be a "fair" profit and why?

Old 03-26-2013, 22:58   #92
Khao

Ahahaha, don't get me wrong bro... I can appreciate a good trolling! It's funny how you had me here for so long thinking I was having a discussion with a rational human being.

You are a master of your craft sir. Buying out walmart's ammo supply and selling at an inflated price, good for the ammo situation... hahahahaha. This ones dedicated to you.

Old 03-26-2013, 22:59   #93
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
If I have South African battle packs that I paid $25 each when they were plentiful, should I sell it at my original cost or at current market prices? What would be a "fair" profit and why?
Ah, I reckon you should keep it to shoot.

But that is just me. I'll make more money tomorrow, but I won't find ammo at those prices.

Click HERE
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE

Last edited by itisbruno; 03-26-2013 at 22:59..
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 23:00   #94

Quote:
Those guys buying ammo at Wal Mart and selling it at gun shows.......why don't you just go to the gun show and buy it from them?
Or they could bid on it on an online auction. Plenty of ammo there. Lot of no reserve start at a penny auctions there.

At the close they'll find out the true market value.

Old 03-26-2013, 23:05   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisbruno View Post
Ah, I reckon you should keep it to shoot.

But that is just me. I'll make more money tomorrow, but I won't find ammo at those prices.
I bought cases years ago when they were dirt cheap with the intent to sell. I'm looking to cash in.

Old 03-26-2013, 23:10   #96
Khao

Want to help the ammo situation? BE AN AMMO SCALPER! Hahahahaha, again certifiedfunds, Bravo!

The Okie Corral
Old 03-26-2013, 23:23   #97
Khao

Some say that he has never broken character, EVER.

Others say that when the world ends, only Certifiedfunds will be left... trolling to himself in a timeless void.

What is KNOWN however is that the entity known as Certifiedfunds is ALWAYS hungry, and your attention is what he hungers for.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:58   #98
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Lol. You got the butthurt bad.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 03-27-2013 at 06:59..
Old 03-27-2013, 07:39   #99
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Its alive and well.

He who has the gold makes the rules.

That is the golden rule you are talking about, right?
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:48   #100
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Yes. You seem to think the "price" is what some sticker you saw at some point had written on it.

Basic economics 101. "price" is the amount where a buyer is willing to buy and a seller is willing to sell. You seem to be confusing price with a point that the buyer wants to pay but a where seller is unwilling to sell.

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
$5-6.00, just 'cause you can? is it ok to sell a $300.00 generator for a $1000.00 because the buyer is desperate to save a freezer full of meat, or to keep his sickly child comfortable?
How else do you suggest rationing scarce resources other than price. At some point some buyers will be told no. Wait look at the ammo situation. Many are being told "no" because there is no ammo. How do you suggest ammo be rationed better than price?

Quote:
How do you suggest increasing the ammo supply? Actually, you realize as price of ammo goes up, more manufacturers are willing to produce the next incremental unit. You define "cheating" as what YOU want to pay.

Put your money where you mouth is, unless of course you yourself are a cheat.

Why dont YOU offer you ammo for sale at the exact price you paid for it. The sticker on the box price.

I will wait to see you offer up your ammo. Unless you are willing to do this, you are simply a hypocrite who as a buyer wants to cheat sellers. Since when is greed as a buyer a good thing?

Quote:

Do right. Here is YOUR chance to set the example. Post your ammo or reloading supplies for sale for the sticker on the box that you paid for it.
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote