GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 17:46   #1
bunk22
Senior Member
 
bunk22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,480
Happiness is 1000 rounds of 9mm ammo for $220!

115gr TMJ...

Caliber Corner
__________________
-Glock Gen 4 G17/G19/G30/G42; Gen 3 G17/G34
-Sig P220ED/226 Navy/226 TacOps/227 SAS/229R/M11-A1D/1911 TACOPS/M400/556xi/HK VP9/XDM 45/XDs 4.0 45/Walther PPX/C39 AK47/RPK47/SLR 107FR

bunk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 17:51   #2
Jakestir
Senior Member
 
Jakestir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,113
Ammo gods must be happy today. I just picked up 500 rounds of 40 s&w for $200.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Jakestir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 19:29   #3
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,020
Good deals, gentlemen.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:26   #4
robhic
Platinum Membership
WOLVERINE!!!!
 
robhic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 2,023
Unless you got it direct from the manufacturer, I notice you didn't disclose your source!!! Wherefore didist thou obtain such magical quantity ammo?
__________________
-- Robert --
NRA Life Member

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
robhic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:58   #5
MSims
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 677
Well Ten-x are reloads... But your not gonna find anywhere close to that price now... minimum of $30 for a 1000 now...

Last edited by MSims; 03-22-2013 at 12:59..
MSims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:04   #6
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSims View Post
Well Ten-x are reloads... But your not gonna find anywhere close to that price now... minimum of $30 for a 1000 now...
Ten-x's are reloads? They sure are boxed nice, in the photo above.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:23   #7
Jeff Hughes
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tulsa Oklahoma
Posts: 40
The term in the industry is "remanufactured". Properly processed "once fired brass" turns out like new. There are many companies like Ten-X. www.atlantaarmandammo.com is one of the more prestigious.
Jeff Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:28   #8
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hughes View Post
The term in the industry is "remanufactured". Properly processed "once fired brass" turns out like new. There are many companies like Ten-X. www.atlantaarmandammo.com is one of the more prestigious.
I wonder where they get all of their brass from?
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:35   #9
SDGlock23
Glockoholic
 
SDGlock23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Land of Forgetfulness
Posts: 7,700
I remember about 7-8 years ago buying 1000rds of .45 for $220. Too bad those days aren't coming back. I even thought 500rds of .40 for $70 was high, geez.
__________________
"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."

Last edited by SDGlock23; 03-24-2013 at 12:36..
SDGlock23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 16:04   #10
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGlock23 View Post
I remember about 7-8 years ago buying 1000rds of .45 for $220. Too bad those days aren't coming back. I even thought 500rds of .40 for $70 was high, geez.
That is what we get for electing a Kenyan to the White House.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 16:28   #11
Jeff Hughes
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tulsa Oklahoma
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
I wonder where they get all of their brass from?
They buy it in bulk, it's almost always mixed head stamp 55 gallon drums with 90000+/- cases(9mm).

There are brass processing machines that pressure check, split check, remove primer, prep primer pocket, and roll size to factory specs.

"Once fired" is an industry term, there is actually no way to be sure, that's why proper processing is so important.
Jeff Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:32   #12
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hughes View Post
They buy it in bulk, it's almost always mixed head stamp 55 gallon drums with 90000+/- cases(9mm).

There are brass processing machines that pressure check, split check, remove primer, prep primer pocket, and roll size to factory specs.

"Once fired" is an industry term, there is actually no way to be sure, that's why proper processing is so important.
Thank you for the info.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 18:55.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,350
405 Members
945 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31