SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:47   #21
Mick10mm
29'er

I will pay you to make me a couple

Complaintguy, I would love to have a couple of these G36 five round flush fitters for pocket carry. I would be happy to pay you for your troubles, parts, shipping etc.. I can't find a way to contact you via this site. If you see this post, please private message me by clicking on my log on name, Mick10mm. Thanks, Mick
"He who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." -Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36)
Mick10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:00   #22
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by compliantguy View Post
I used the regular G36 base pad and cut/filed it down, along with cutting the magazine tube down. Then I drilled some .030" holes spaced about .3125" along the bottom of the mag tube. The holes were also about .031" from the edge of the mag tube. Then I used .020" stainless safety wire and threaded it through the holes, kind of like sewing, and looped it back, creating a new lip for the modified base pad to slide onto. Lastly, I used Fastweld 10 adhesive along the safety wired edge to permanently hold it in place. The follower and spring can be removed from the top of the magazine for cleaning.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics of the process. However, I do plan on making another one...this time hopefully with a finger rest extension similar to the one that GAP Enterprises sells. I will take pics of the process for that mag.
That's brilliant. I've shortened my fair share of metal magazines (just heat and bend for new feet), but had dismissed the possibility of doing this with any GLOCK magazine!
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 20:54   #23
atoalson

Very nice job! Is the OP still active on here?
atoalson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 13:11   #24
JoshK
GT Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoalson View Post
Very nice job! Is the OP still active on here?
he hasn't been around since May 2011....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Lone Star Glockers #161

JoshK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:51   #25
Glock 23 Nutter

Bumped...

...Because Gaston hisself reads this forum.

Nutter
Glock 23 Nutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:59   #26
Johnny Ringo

Ironic it is to find a thread like this when so many people gripe about laws limiting mag capacity, etc. I'm a believer in doin' what you feel is right, but I would've directed my efforts toward figuring out a more comfortable carry situation rather than dumping a round and raping a perfectly good magazine just to shave a sliver off the total length of the grip/mag. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Johnny Ringo; 02-18-2014 at 12:00..
Johnny Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 18:57   #27
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo View Post
Ironic it is to find a thread like this when so many people gripe about laws limiting mag capacity, etc. I'm a believer in doin' what you feel is right, but I would've directed my efforts toward figuring out a more comfortable carry situation rather than dumping a round and raping a perfectly good magazine just to shave a sliver off the total length of the grip/mag. Just my opinion.
Wanting a low capacity mag vs. being told to do so is a HUGE difference. A G36 makes as much sense as the XDs45. Some people want a small, thin .45ACP and are willing to give up the capacity to have one.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 18:59   #28
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
I've been toying with the idea of shortening one of my G36 magazines to 5 rounds for a while now, and have finally figured out how to make it work. I haven't had a chance to functional test it yet, but hope to do that this week.

Here are some pics:
Gunsmithing

Gunsmithing

Gunsmithing
Outstanding work.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:18   #29
drewcog

Think I'm gonna gather some supplies today and get to work trying this out. Not so much to fill a need, but to answer that gnawing question: can I?
"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." -John 15:13
drewcog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 18:38   #30
WinterWizard

Quote:
I used the regular G36 base pad and cut/filed it down, along with cutting the magazine tube down. Then I drilled some .030" holes spaced about .3125" along the bottom of the mag tube. The holes were also about .031" from the edge of the mag tube. Then I used .020" stainless safety wire and threaded it through the holes, kind of like sewing, and looped it back, creating a new lip for the modified base pad to slide onto. Lastly, I used Fastweld 10 adhesive along the safety wired edge to permanently hold it in place. The follower and spring can be removed from the top of the magazine for cleaning.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics of the process. However, I do plan on making another one...this time hopefully with a finger rest extension similar to the one that GAP Enterprises sells. I will take pics of the process for that mag.
Sounds like nothing I would want done to a defensive gun that I am trusting my life to. Just my opinion.

Last edited by WinterWizard; 02-19-2014 at 18:38..
WinterWizard is offline   Reply With Quote