Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:42   #1
Glocktalk1723

Trying to decide on new sights

I've had my G17 for a while now and just ended up picing up a g23 the other day. I love both of them! I was thinking about getting some new night sights for them. I've done research online, but I'd like to get some info from people with personal experience with multiple sights. Can I get some suggestions on what I should get and why I should get them over something else. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you,
GT1723
Glocktalk1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:05   #2
Mike-M

Why not try, er, Glock night sights? They are very reasonably priced and perform as well as any other brand...plus, they're Glock.

Over that past 15 years I've used Meprolight, Trijicon, and Glock night sights on my Glocks. There are claims that Glock sights are made by Meprolight, but if so there are no exact equivalents in the Meprolight catalog. Other than the fact that the two sets of Meprolight sights that I've purchased seem to be less bright after ten years than my Trijicon sights, and one set of Meprolight sights lost all illumination on one lamp after only seven years, I've seen little other distinction in brands.
Mike-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:07   #3
Glocktalk1723

Thanks for the quick response Mike! I will definitely be looking into those! I was thinking either meprolight or trijicon, but Its always good to look at some substitutes! I appreciate the help.

Last edited by Glocktalk1723; 03-19-2013 at 08:09..
Old 03-19-2013, 08:50   #4
HK Dan

I'd skip the night sights. Look at Warren Tactical or Warren Sevigny. They give you a level of precision not possible with factory sights.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:00   #5
Glocktalk1723

Thank you HK DAN! After looking into those I may put those Warrens on my full sized G17 and put some night sights on my carry gun.

Last edited by Glocktalk1723; 03-19-2013 at 10:07..
Old 03-19-2013, 10:15   #6
GRT45
Transform & Win

Hello Glocktalk1723, welcome to Glock Talk.

Take a look at my post at the link below for my perspective on some of the most popular sight options and the five options I've installed and evaluated over the years.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...73&postcount=5

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:23   #7
Glocktalk1723

GRT45 Thank you for your input! I will absolutely be taking a look at your post! Thanks again!
Old 03-19-2013, 18:08   #8
RPVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocktalk1723 View Post
"... Can I get some suggestions on what I should get and why I should get them over something else..."
First, figger out what it is about your current sights that makes you want to replace them. (Y'know, "If it ain't broke...") Can't get a good sight picture? Can't get a sight picture fast enough? Can't see what you're aiming at in darkness? Current sights don't "look" cool enough?

Then, after you've figgered out what your current sights are lacking, you'll be able to zero in on something that has what you're looking for.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:13   #9
Glocktalk1723

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPVG View Post
First, figger out what it is about your current sights that makes you want to replace them. (Y'know, "If it ain't broke...") Can't get a good sight picture? Can't get a sight picture fast enough? Can't see what you're aiming at in darkness? Current sights don't "look" cool enough?

Then, after you've figgered out what your current sights are lacking, you'll be able to zero in on something that has what you're looking for.

You're right RPVG. I thought about it and I can get a sight picture pretty quick, but the sights just kind of blend together. That really seems to be my only issue with them. I might try two different colored sights as GRT45 recommended in his post. I think that this may help out a bit.

Tags
night, nightsights, sights