Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 20:10   #1
DaBurna
Senior Member
 
DaBurna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bama Boy
Posts: 2,061
AWB Defeat now FLOOOOODS the market....

CTD, Buds, and a few other online places now "mysteriously" have AR's "in stock" Glocks are "now available" on Cheaper than Uranium

I guess online places can now pull those items off auction and sell them.... The prices are still INFLATED right now... But it is good to see stuff available. Now for GOD's Sake Loosen up on AMMO...

No, I'm not delusional enough to think that Wicked Witch of the West won't still try to BACKDOOR a Capacity Ban of some sorts.

In the meanwhile, PRAISE THE LORD & PASS THE AMMUNITION!!
__________________
To Soar as Eagles We Must Rid Ourselves of The "Barnyard Mentality"
Glock 23 Best Glock # 4 # All-Around
-GSSF MEMBER- 10 Glocks & Counting....
DaBurna is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 20:15   #2
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 94,424
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now  
Old 03-19-2013, 20:21   #3
smokeross
GTDS Member #49
 
smokeross's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska
Posts: 4,467
I'll be SHOOTING some more of my ammo tomorrow. I have some cool old guns begging to be taken out and shot. I burned up some ammo yesterday in my Remington 591M 5mm magnum rim fire. Sure glad that ammo has been manufactured again. It was almost impossible to find a few years ago, even at $50 per box. It's $14 for 50 rounds now.
__________________
Originally Posted by GTFor died instantly because his lungs froze from breathing in Arctic air.
Shoot Low Boys, They're Riding Shetland Ponies.
smokeross is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 20:37   #4
hogship
It's MY Island
 
hogship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northwest territory, pardner!
Posts: 12,354
I think a few of those online retailers have been holding out, and speculating on even higher prices. They would have made a killing, if the AWB had passed the senate.

......I can't blame them. I probably would do the same. They are not in the business for any other reason, than to make money. Don't forget that.

ooc
__________________
NRA/VFW life, Harley Davidson FXDX, very patriotic!
Old iron pumper w/pony tail, Christian, lathe artist
Stevie Ray Vaughn, Janis Joplin, Johnny Cash
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
hogship is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 21:20   #5
Deaf Smith
Senior Member
 
Deaf Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Texican in Texas (where else?)
Posts: 9,798
I have no doubt retailers of all shapes and forms have jacked up prices and held back stock. Not only guns but most certainly ammo.

I have a fair stock of ammo, not huge, and I reload to so it didn't hurt me at all but a few of my friends were so desperate I sold them some ammo at just a bit above what it cost me. Not 100 percent markup but I did make maybe 20 percent more than I paid.

Didn't sell most of my stock but just a bit so they could have some. Mainly some Federal 'value pack' .223 and Tula .40 S&W as well as a box of 333 rnds of Winchester .22 lr. ammo.

But this should be a lesson of you of you here. Once this craziness is over get a few hundred rounds or so for each of the cartridges you shoot. If you reload, get maybe 5000 primers for each type you reload and a 8 lb can of powder (one can for pistol and the other 8 lb can for rifle.) I use Unique and Varget!

Don't get caught short again!!

Deaf
__________________
“We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality” Ayn Rand
Deaf Smith is online now  
Old 03-19-2013, 22:10   #6
tango44
Senior Member
 
tango44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami Florida
Posts: 5,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurna View Post
CTD, Buds, and a few other online places now "mysteriously" have AR's "in stock" Glocks are "now available" on Cheaper than Uranium
Thank you a good reminder to never do business with them!
tango44 is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 22:10   #7
03scgt
Senior Member
 
03scgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 556
I love it I sold my ar and a lower at way over normal market value without even putting them for sale.I took a chance and it looks like it paid off for now,pretty much every site has lowers and almost normal price ar's again lol
03scgt is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 23:08   #8
Direwolf131
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I see folks counting chickens that have yet to hatch! The craziness is far from over, and "uhh" as far as the topic of the AWB being defeated, you'd best wake up, Obamacare was far deader then the marxist/leninists sacred AWB is, or likely ever will be, as long as marxists are holding down political power.

There are two ideological holy grails of marxist/leninism in amerika, health care and gun confiscation. Just four years into their coup, they have one of the two enacted as the law of the land, and a midterm election just 18-months off, in which it strongly appears that the commies get back the supermajorities that brought them the first of their holy grails!

No, the AWB is far from dead.

Last edited by Direwolf131; 03-19-2013 at 23:09..
 
Old 03-19-2013, 23:15   #9
ArmoryDoc
Senior Member
 
ArmoryDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf131 View Post
I see folks counting chickens that have yet to hatch! The craziness is far from over, and "uhh" as far as the topic of the AWB being defeated, you'd best wake up, Obamacare was far deader then the marxist/leninists sacred AWB is, or likely ever will be, as long as marxists are holding down political power.

There are two ideological holy grails of marxist/leninism in amerika, health care and gun confiscation. Just four years into their coup, they have one of the two enacted as the law of the land, and a midterm election just 18-months off, in which it strongly appears that the commies get back the supermajorities that brought them the first of their holy grails!

No, the AWB is far from dead.
This man speaks from wisdom. They aren't done. They are just regrouping. Take advantage of the lull for it won't last long.
ArmoryDoc is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 23:33   #10
wmspdi
Senior Member
 
wmspdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Posts: 196
I noticed bids on GunBroker tonight seemed to be flat for AR-15 barrels, stripped uppers and lowers. However this may just be a lull in the 2A battle until the next mass shooting by a wacko who managed to slip through the system.

Last edited by wmspdi; 03-19-2013 at 23:36..
wmspdi is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 23:47   #11
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,914
I'm not buying it for a minute. I may be being cynical, but I smell political BS and flim flam. This isn't over yet.
glock2740 is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 00:01   #12
RGbiker
Senior Member
 
RGbiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,456
One gun store in Tucson always has a supply of handguns and AR15 and AK47 type firearms. Prices near or slightly above the norm. No 9mm ammo, of course.
__________________
If Obama is the answer, then how stupid was the question?
RGbiker is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 00:03   #13
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net
 
RMTactical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Behind an AR-15
Posts: 29,889


The fight is not over. We need to stop congratulating ourselves. There is still a magazine limitation bill and a universal background check bill. Not to mention the UN gun treaty, and even with this AWB, it is never truly dead until the session is over. Also, many of our state legislations are in session and considering similar anti-gun legislation.

Stay vigilant fellas! Keep on your representatives. The fight for freedom is never ending.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


Due to inflation, my $.02 no longer matters.
RMTactical is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 00:06   #14
ShallNotBeInfringed
NRA Business Al
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,567
It aint over yet.
ShallNotBeInfringed is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 00:11   #15
RJ's Guns
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoryDoc View Post
This man speaks from wisdom. They aren't done. They are just regrouping. Take advantage of the lull for it won't last long.


I agree.

My eyes were really opened after the pool of transferable Class III weapons was frozen and Bush #1 implemented the ban on all sorts of semi-automatic rifles, etc. I was fully prepared and stocked up by the time the first “assault weapons ban” was put into effect. That legislation convinced me that the gun grabbers would never give up. I did take advantage of the lull when the first “assault weapons ban” expired, but that was just excess on my part.

I was not caught short or wanting when Our Dear Leader was first elected and the craziness started again, but I still took advantage when there was a lull after that hysteria died down, just as I will take advantage of any lull, if things ever calm down again. I can see the handwriting on the wall, and for anyone that values their Second Amendment Rights, the future looks real bad.

I learned my lesson, but the question is; how many of you are going to be lulled into a false sense of security?

RJ
RJ's Guns is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 00:59   #16
12131
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy
 
12131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: God's Country (Texas)
Posts: 11,079
The fight is never over. The battle might have been "won", but the war will never end.
It only takes the next mass killing more "shocking" than the last, by some lunatic using guns, and it starts all over again.
Never become complacent.
__________________
NRA Lifer, GOA Lifer, SAF Lifer
Commie libs, criminals, and sheeple love gun control. It's easier to blame inanimate objects than the killers themselves.
Andrew Cuomo & Michael Bloomberg = Friends of criminals

Politicians and judges who voted for, and supported, Obamacare are traitors to the country!
Con, the first 3 letters in Congress.
UN, the first 2 letters in UNnecessary.
12131 is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 01:50   #17
FishyOne
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 52
A quick look on Gunbroker shows some high bids on "assault style rifle" auctions ending in the next day or two. I hope to see prices heading back to "normal" next week.
FishyOne is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 02:02   #18
12131
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy
 
12131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: God's Country (Texas)
Posts: 11,079
^^^ Guessing here that there will be a whole bunch of deadbeat high bidders.
__________________
NRA Lifer, GOA Lifer, SAF Lifer
Commie libs, criminals, and sheeple love gun control. It's easier to blame inanimate objects than the killers themselves.
Andrew Cuomo & Michael Bloomberg = Friends of criminals

Politicians and judges who voted for, and supported, Obamacare are traitors to the country!
Con, the first 3 letters in Congress.
UN, the first 2 letters in UNnecessary.
12131 is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 05:29   #19
gunowner1
Senior Member
 
gunowner1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jensen Beach
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf Smith View Post
I have no doubt retailers of all shapes and forms have jacked up prices and held back stock. Not only guns but most certainly ammo.

I have a fair stock of ammo, not huge, and I reload to so it didn't hurt me at all but a few of my friends were so desperate I sold them some ammo at just a bit above what it cost me. Not 100 percent markup but I did make maybe 20 percent more than I paid.

Didn't sell most of my stock but just a bit so they could have some. Mainly some Federal 'value pack' .223 and Tula .40 S&W as well as a box of 333 rnds of Winchester .22 lr. ammo.

But this should be a lesson of you of you here. Once this craziness is over get a few hundred rounds or so for each of the cartridges you shoot. If you reload, get maybe 5000 primers for each type you reload and a 8 lb can of powder (one can for pistol and the other 8 lb can for rifle.) I use Unique and Varget!

Don't get caught short again!!

Deaf
I have plenty of primers and powder.It's projectiles I wish I had stocked up on. I only have 2,000 bullets for each caliber I shoot. I need to get after market barrels and learn how to load lead so I am more prepared next time.
gunowner1 is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 05:39   #20
RUT
Senior Member
 
RUT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 725
>>I'm not buying it for a minute. I may be being cynical, but I smell political BS and flim flam. This isn't over yet.<<

I agree wholeheartedly! Those bastards have something up their collective sleeves!
__________________
Ham Shack #11 (K1HS)
NRA since '63
USMC
"Foreign Aid: The transfer of money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries."
RUT is offline  

 
  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:38.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,173
295 Members
878 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31